Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA

Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA
Mark it on your calendar, Bimmerfest 2007 will be held on May 5, 2007 at the Earl Warren Showgrounds!
Sponsored by Supersprint North America

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 05-08-2007, 04:29 PM
tommydogsdad's Avatar
tommydogsdad tommydogsdad is offline
Bored
Location: Sunny California
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,626
Mein Auto: BMW E93 335i Convertible
As far as I'm concerned, if Jon made $1,000,000 this weekend, good for him. IT WAS A FUN TIME and worth the measley $20. If you can't afford $20, buy a Kia. Good Lord, the youth of America complain way too much these days.

Jon, don't let this punk piss you off. You're the bomb. The fest was fantastic. And $20 bucks was SUCH an afterthought with everyone there! $20 WAS WELL WORTH IT!! Party on Festers!!!!
__________________
Photobucket
~2008 E93 335i| Step | Paddles | Premium | Sport | Cold | IDrive | Logic 7 | Alpine White | Black Dakota Leather | 40% Tint| Sirius


  #27  
Old 05-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Buyse13's Avatar
Buyse13 Buyse13 is offline
Bring the 'fest to Dallas
Location: Plano, Texas / Nashville, Tennessee
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 372
Send a message via AIM to Buyse13
Mein Auto: 01 325i ZSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydogsdad View Post
Good Lord, the youth of America complain way too much these days.

...............................
__________________
Everyday above ground is a good day.
  #28  
Old 05-08-2007, 04:33 PM
beewang's Avatar
beewang beewang is offline
Bo-ma-win!
Location: Eugene, OREGON, Home to the Rose Bowl Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 7,692
Send a message via Yahoo to beewang
Mein Auto: S62 E39
To the OP

I have the following sign in my car, you may not like: Its an oldie but a goodie...

A$$, GAS or GRA$$.... NOBODY RIDES FREE!!!
  #29  
Old 05-08-2007, 04:34 PM
ffej's Avatar
ffej ffej is offline
Tightrope walking
Location: in 2-ton shoes
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,564
Mein Auto: Jackwagon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buyse13 View Post
you're an asshole. The kid is uneducated as to what the unity shoppe is. So he is a punk for trying to sneak in and doing so successfully last year. Damn all you people seem to forget your teenage years. how many drive in movies did you sneak in to? How many stupid things have you done when you were in college? Get off your damn soap boxes. Im so tired of reading this stuff about "Kids are tearing apart the seams of society".
I did plenty of unsavory things when I was a teenager, but I didn't complain about the stuff I wasn't able to get away with to the people who were putting on the events.

If you pay enough attention, and read between the lines, you'll learn that a majority of the people here would say that the reason "Kids are tearing apart the seams of society" has far more to do with the lackadaisical attitude and absenteeism of parents than kids being inherently bad.

The OP has no right or room to bitch and complain about having to shell out $20 to get into the event. At least, not in the way he did. Try this on for size "Wow, I had a lot of fun, but $20 is a bit steep for me for just an entry fee. If I knew everything that was involved, I might feel differently though." would have received a VERY different response than the one he got. Besides, he drives and M3 - modded to some extent, I'd bet. His life can't suck that badly.

Quote:
I am 18. iv been a member here since I was 16. You are being very ignorant as to what the problem here is. He is uneducated as to the cause and the purpose of the event. Yea the kid has a bit of an attitude, he is probably around 16 or 17, same age as I am practically. He is a peer to me. He has the same sort of "stick up his butt" as you would say that you probably had.


Quote:
You guys are ridiculous. Bark at him for trying to sneak in, and bark at him for his dishonestly and "shady-ness" But then you turn around and say "Hey lets have beer gardens at a CAR event" Great idea. You might as well call it DUI-fest. If you want to drink and then drive away in your BMW do so that doesn't endanger the better thinking half of the population. Alcohol and auto's(even auto events) do not mix.
You're aware that there WAS alcohol served at the event, right? In two different places. Apparently you fit into the "uneducated" and "ignorant" ranks as well.

I guess you figure that people don't know when to stop drinking. I could probably say that at 18 *I* didn't know when to stop drinking.

What are your thoughts on egotistical, arrogant guys who have far more car than they really understand how to drive? That's just as deadly a combination
__________________


Building a ZHP wagon... click the pic!!!
-.-.-.--.-.-.-
Because BMW wouldn't do it for me
For Sale - HUGE part out of 2005 ZHP sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisL View Post
My input is that ffej knows what he's talking about .
  #30  
Old 05-08-2007, 04:34 PM
tommydogsdad's Avatar
tommydogsdad tommydogsdad is offline
Bored
Location: Sunny California
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,626
Mein Auto: BMW E93 335i Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buyse13 View Post
...............................
As a Texas native, you make me want to
__________________
Photobucket
~2008 E93 335i| Step | Paddles | Premium | Sport | Cold | IDrive | Logic 7 | Alpine White | Black Dakota Leather | 40% Tint| Sirius


  #31  
Old 05-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Buyse13's Avatar
Buyse13 Buyse13 is offline
Bring the 'fest to Dallas
Location: Plano, Texas / Nashville, Tennessee
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 372
Send a message via AIM to Buyse13
Mein Auto: 01 325i ZSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydogsdad View Post
As a Texas native, you make me want to

and the native Texan in me wants to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffej View Post
I did plenty of unsavory things when I was a teenager, but I didn't complain about the stuff I wasn't able to get away with to the people who were putting on the events.

If you pay enough attention, and read between the lines, you'll learn that a majority of the people here would say that the reason "Kids are tearing apart the seams of society" has far more to do with the lackadaisical attitude and absenteeism of parents than kids being inherently bad.

The OP has no right or room to bitch and complain about having to shell out $20 to get into the event. At least, not in the way he did. Try this on for size "Wow, I had a lot of fun, but $20 is a bit steep for me for just an entry fee. If I knew everything that was involved, I might feel differently though." would have received a VERY different response than the one he got. Besides, he drives and M3 - modded to some extent, I'd bet. His life can't suck that badly.






You're aware that there WAS alcohol served at the event, right? In two different places. Apparently you fit into the "uneducated" and "ignorant" ranks as well.

I guess you figure that people don't know when to stop drinking. I could probably say that at 18 *I* didn't know when to stop drinking.

What are your thoughts on egotistical, arrogant guys who have far more car than they really understand how to drive? That's just as deadly a combination
You right. He should not complain as he is. But that does not give you guys the right to sit and attack him. I think what he did was wrong and very very stupid by posting. But the way some of these people come out guns a'blazzin is crazy. He drives a modded M3. that is funny since he is complaining about a steep enterance fee. I would of paid 50 to get in.

Alcohol being served is different than a beer garden. The beer gardens that I have observed usually can be summed up by a chaotic crowd of drunk people fenced in together. Alcohol being served is not a problem, im all for it (21+ of course ). But beer gardens? He seems to be wanting a New Years celebration rather than this.
__________________
Everyday above ground is a good day.
  #32  
Old 05-08-2007, 04:44 PM
philippek@IrvineBMW philippek@IrvineBMW is offline
Past Sponsor
Location: Irvine, CA
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 120
Mein Auto:
Jon,

For next year, please forward me all the invoices and expenses, and divide by the number of attendees. Then I can offer you $1 over invoice for admission.

KIDDING.
  #33  
Old 05-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Lanc3r Lanc3r is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buyse13 View Post
you're an asshole.

.
Agreed.



I guess it would be more appropriate if Bimmerfest offered Day Care.
  #34  
Old 05-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Bmwcat Bmwcat is offline
Retired Slacker
Location: Somewhere not here.
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,736
Mein Auto: A car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky579 View Post
I came late last year and squeezed through the back gate, but this year there were people at both gates.

$20??? for 1600 cars is $32,000 where is that money going? I heard if you bought raffle tickets that money was going to the low income people in Santa Barbara which is ironic since SB is one of the most expensive places to live in the nation so I didn't even stick around for the raffle. With all the raffle tickets too, I bet there was a gross income of over $50,000.

Last time I checked at fairs and stuff the food places had to rent out a spot to have their food booth, I'm thinking that the vendors pay to have a spot too, and the only cost would be the Bimmerfest personnel $10/hr probably 10 of them for a total of 10 hrs, that's only $1000. And the cost to rent out the fairgrounds can't be over $10000.

I don't work hard so that poor people can work less and receive free money.

This might be the last year I support this event.
Would you care for some cheese with your whine???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cheese.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	107526  
__________________
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." -Samuel Johnson
  #35  
Old 05-08-2007, 05:04 PM
jvr826's Avatar
jvr826 jvr826 is offline
Is it Trackday yet?
Location: In the woods. Santa Cruz County, CA
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 8,839
Mein Auto: 05 330ci 6MT
WTF??? Financials are nobody's business. The nerve of some people, gawsh!

I wonder where else this butthead posted this thread. I'm with malibubimmer, just go away.
__________________
Jeff R.
Golden Gate Chapter BMW CCA - Autocross - Come Join Us!


"You drive like old people $#@%... slow and sloppy!" - George Carlin
  #36  
Old 05-08-2007, 05:08 PM
reidconti reidconti is offline
Officially Weird
Location: Belmont, CA
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,619
Mein Auto: Clownshoe,Miata,WeeStrom
People who complain about profits are never anywhere to be found whenever something LOSES money.
__________________
  #37  
Old 05-08-2007, 05:19 PM
Malibubimmer Malibubimmer is offline
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,975
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky579 View Post
so what are the expenses?
Crawl back into your slimy little hole, twerp. You aren't going to be doing the accounting for the event.
  #38  
Old 05-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Malibubimmer Malibubimmer is offline
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,975
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buyse13 View Post
you're an asshole. The kid is uneducated as to what the unity shoppe is. So he is a punk for trying to sneak in and doing so successfully last year. Damn all you people seem to forget your teenage years. how many drive in movies did you sneak in to? How many stupid things have you done when you were in college? Get off your damn soap boxes. Im so tired of reading this stuff about "Kids are tearing apart the seams of society".


I am 18. iv been a member here since I was 16. You are being very ignorant as to what the problem here is. He is uneducated as to the cause and the purpose of the event. Yea the kid has a bit of an attitude, he is probably around 16 or 17, same age as I am practically. He is a peer to me. He has the same sort of "stick up his butt" (as you would say) that you probably had when you were this age.


You guys are ridiculous. Bark at him for trying to sneak in, and bark at him for his dishonestly and "shady-ness" But then you turn around and say "Hey lets have beer gardens at a CAR event" Great idea. You might as well call it DUI-fest. If you want to drink and then drive away in your BMW do so that doesn't endanger the better thinking half of the population. Alcohol and auto's(even auto events) do not mix.


EDIT: Just back off the kid. He does not get it. Don't sit and flame him. Tell him whats up and let him be.

Apparently irony is lost on this young whippersnapper. Oh, well. Maybe when he gets to college he will read Jonathan Swift.
  #39  
Old 05-08-2007, 06:14 PM
Kurt Martin's Avatar
Kurt Martin Kurt Martin is offline
It's not all that bad...
Location: San Jose, CA
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 301
Mein Auto: 01 M coupe, 05 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buyse13 View Post
you're an asshole. The kid is uneducated as to what the unity shoppe is. So he is a punk for trying to sneak in and doing so successfully last year. Damn all you people seem to forget your teenage years. how many drive in movies did you sneak in to? How many stupid things have you done when you were in college? Get off your damn soap boxes. Im so tired of reading this stuff about "Kids are tearing apart the seams of society".


I am 18. iv been a member here since I was 16. You are being very ignorant as to what the problem here is. He is uneducated as to the cause and the purpose of the event. Yea the kid has a bit of an attitude, he is probably around 16 or 17, same age as I am practically. He is a peer to me. He has the same sort of "stick up his butt" (as you would say) that you probably had when you were this age.


You guys are ridiculous. Bark at him for trying to sneak in, and bark at him for his dishonestly and "shady-ness" But then you turn around and say "Hey lets have beer gardens at a CAR event" Great idea. You might as well call it DUI-fest. If you want to drink and then drive away in your BMW do so that doesn't endanger the better thinking half of the population. Alcohol and auto's(even auto events) do not mix.


EDIT: Just back off the kid. He does not get it. Don't sit and flame him. Tell him whats up and let him be.
The original poster is an idiot, and so are you. You really have no clue as to how immature you sound. And I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain it to you.

Go away.
  #40  
Old 05-08-2007, 06:20 PM
rumratt's Avatar
rumratt rumratt is offline
blah
Location: East Coast
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,258
Mein Auto: 03 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibubimmer View Post
Crawl back into your slimy little hole, twerp. You aren't going to be doing the accounting for the event.
As much as it pains me to agree with Mal...

+1

  #41  
Old 05-08-2007, 06:23 PM
AndrewZ's Avatar
AndrewZ AndrewZ is offline
Ones and Zeros
Location: In Between Dreams
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,992
Mein Auto: It has two dipsticks
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky579 View Post
I came late last year and squeezed through the back gate, but this year there were people at both gates.

$20??? for 1600 cars is $32,000 where is that money going? I heard if you bought raffle tickets that money was going to the low income people in Santa Barbara which is ironic since SB is one of the most expensive places to live in the nation so I didn't even stick around for the raffle. With all the raffle tickets too, I bet there was a gross income of over $50,000.

Last time I checked at fairs and stuff the food places had to rent out a spot to have their food booth, I'm thinking that the vendors pay to have a spot too, and the only cost would be the Bimmerfest personnel $10/hr probably 10 of them for a total of 10 hrs, that's only $1000. And the cost to rent out the fairgrounds can't be over $10000.

I don't work hard so that poor people can work less and receive free money.

This might be the last year I support this event.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ffej View Post
I don't know why you're all piling on the OP. I mean, $20 is outrageous. I'm sure Jon pocketed all of it.

And while we're complaining about stuff, why does it cost $150 a night to stay at the Ramada? I'm sure that the room cost at their end is only about $50 a night.

And why is food so expensive in restaurants? Hell, I can eat out of a garbage can for free.

Seriously, dude. I cannot believe you actually pulled those figures out of your azz and started a complaint thread with your first post. Lemme guess. You're the kind of guy who would bitch about $120 floor mats on a $65,000 car.

Weaksauce. The weakest.


Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky579 View Post
so what are the expenses?
what are your expenses? would you like to give your personal expenses to us???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroG View Post
I understand what you guys are all saying about compensation. There is a difference between profit and flat out ripping people off. I am not saying that I agree with what lucky was saying, I am just saying that there might be some truth to his statement.

I mean... Jon himself said that over 5K people attended the event. We'll say half of them brought cars and paid the $20 fee. So the event made $50K in cash on admission alone minimum. Now we're not even including vendor fees that they made money on etc...

I think we could have donated a little more then $6500 to the worth while charity...


Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydogsdad View Post
Could you please go away too?


Quote:
Originally Posted by beewang View Post
To the OP

I have the following sign in my car, you may not like: Its an oldie but a goodie...

A$$, GAS or GRA$$.... NOBODY RIDES FREE!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibubimmer View Post
Crawl back into your slimy little hole, twerp. You aren't going to be doing the accounting for the event.
  #42  
Old 05-08-2007, 06:37 PM
lucky579 lucky579 is offline
Banned
Location: sac
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 12
Mein Auto: m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvThatSam View Post




what are your expenses? would you like to give your personal expenses to us???






If 1600 people gave me $20 and one was curious as to how the money was being spent I would provide it. Think about businesses, if you say this is Jon's job then I suppose this is his business and if we are contributing, or "compensating" for his hard work then that in a way makes us like shareholders in which we are entitled to the financial information.

So if Jon needs to be compensated for this event, why are we donating money to charity? You don't get rich throwing your money away. Maybe I'm an asshole but I would never give money to the poor/charity. I believe in natural selection and the fittest with survive.
Why not lower the price to $10 and not donate to charity.
  #43  
Old 05-08-2007, 06:46 PM
AndrewZ's Avatar
AndrewZ AndrewZ is offline
Ones and Zeros
Location: In Between Dreams
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,992
Mein Auto: It has two dipsticks
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky579 View Post
If 1600 people gave me $20 and one was curious as to how the money was being spent I would provide it. Think about businesses, if you say this is Jon's job then I suppose this is his business and if we are contributing, or "compensating" for his hard work then that in a way makes us like shareholders in which we are entitled to the financial information.

So if Jon needs to be compensated for this event, why are we donating money to charity? You don't get rich throwing your money away. Maybe I'm an asshole but I would never give money to the poor/charity. I believe in natural selection and the fittest with survive.
Why not lower the price to $10 and not donate to charity.
You reap what you sew my brother. Jon had nothing but good intentions with his money. Other people in this world are not so fortunate. I don't think Jon does this event to get rich out of it. He has made it clear that all proceeds go to charity. He and Tim and Mark (I think) work there asses of for this event. So $20 is a small fee to pay for all the work that goes into putting an event like this together

You need to respect Jon and his crew and this board. The way you acting is just down right disrespectful.

And just because you don't want to donate doesn't mean that all 1600 attendees don't want to either. So please, if you don't want to participate in the bimmerfest event, then don't. We don't need your hard earned $20, and we don't need this drama.
  #44  
Old 05-08-2007, 06:49 PM
rumratt's Avatar
rumratt rumratt is offline
blah
Location: East Coast
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,258
Mein Auto: 03 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky579 View Post
Maybe I'm an asshole but I would never give money to the poor/charity. I believe in natural selection and the fittest with survive.


Quote:
in a way makes us like shareholders in which we are entitled to the financial information.
No it doesn't, you moron. Jon owes you nothing.

I guess when I pay a $5.00 cover charge at a bar I can then demand to see a breakdown of their expenses.

You have serious issues.

.

Last edited by rumratt; 05-08-2007 at 06:55 PM.
  #45  
Old 05-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Jon Shafer's Avatar
Jon Shafer Jon Shafer is offline
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder
Location: Santa Barbara
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,217
Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky579 View Post
If 1600 people gave me $20 and one was curious as to how the money was being spent I would provide it. Think about businesses, if you say this is Jon's job then I suppose this is his business and if we are contributing, or "compensating" for his hard work then that in a way makes us like shareholders in which we are entitled to the financial information.

So if Jon needs to be compensated for this event, why are we donating money to charity? You don't get rich throwing your money away. Maybe I'm an asshole but I would never give money to the poor/charity. I believe in natural selection and the fittest with survive.
Why not lower the price to $10 and not donate to charity.
O.k., now I see where your confusion lies.

Bimmerfest is a car show, not a nonprofit venture. As a way for us to give something back (all of us) since we are fortunate enough to be driving expensive Ultimate Driving Machines, a couple of years ago (Bimmerfest IV in 2003) I asked our sponsors to donate products so that we could hold an "Opportunity Drawing" so that we could donate some money to a local charity. That little piece of Bimmerfest gave us all a warm and fuzzy feeling, so I decided to continue that tradition, picking a new charity every year. Three (count them, 3) people devoted the better part of a year to put this event on (forget all of the years developing the event without remuneration), and the profit from the event at least helps us pay our bills, but not much more. So you see, your assumptions were all wrong. Have no fear. Unless you actually purchased a ticket for the Opportunity Drawing, you did not make a donation to charity.

Lastly, this is my job and business. Since when did I make you a shareholder? You believe I have an obligation to provide my financials? Why don't you drive to your local BMW dealer and demand to see his while you are at it?

__________________
Order your new BMW Today! BMW SANTA BARBARA jshafer@sbautogroup.com


Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
  #46  
Old 05-08-2007, 06:58 PM
lucky579 lucky579 is offline
Banned
Location: sac
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 12
Mein Auto: m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvThatSam View Post
You reap what you sew my brother. Jon had nothing but good intentions with his money. Other people in this world are not so fortunate. I don't think Jon does this event to get rich out of it. He has made it clear that all proceeds go to charity. He and Tim and Mark (I think) work there asses of for this event. So $20 is a small fee to pay for all the work that goes into putting an event like this together

You need to respect Jon and his crew and this board. The way you acting is just down right disrespectful.

And just because you don't want to donate doesn't mean that all 1600 attendees don't want to either. So please, if you don't want to participate in the bimmerfest event, then don't. We don't need your hard earned $20, and we don't need this drama.
why not have a donation box since all you guys love giving your money away.

edit: what does the $20/car pay for then? How much does it cost to rent out the fairgrounds all said and done? Do sponsors have to pay for a booth? Do the places that provided food, do they have to rent out a place?

Last edited by lucky579; 05-08-2007 at 07:09 PM.
  #47  
Old 05-08-2007, 06:59 PM
Mr. The Edge's Avatar
Mr. The Edge Mr. The Edge is offline
.
Location: .
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 20,241
Mein Auto: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvThatSam View Post
You reap what you sew my brother.


  #48  
Old 05-08-2007, 07:13 PM
AndrewZ's Avatar
AndrewZ AndrewZ is offline
Ones and Zeros
Location: In Between Dreams
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,992
Mein Auto: It has two dipsticks
Quote:
Originally Posted by atyclb View Post


I meant sow
  #49  
Old 05-08-2007, 07:17 PM
wag-zhp's Avatar
wag-zhp wag-zhp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sacramento, CA
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,532
Mein Auto: 97 White 328iC
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky579 View Post
If 1600 people gave me $20 and one was curious as to how the money was being spent I would provide it.
Good for you. But there is nothing that says that has to be done.

Quote:
Think about businesses, if you say this is Jon's job then I suppose this is his business and if we are contributing, or "compensating" for his hard work then that in a way makes us like shareholders in which we are entitled to the financial information.
This event is not Jon's primary business. He organizes it because he loves BMWs and enjoys the company of most of the people that visit this site and the event. None of us are entitled to any financial information about this event. Period!

Quote:
So if Jon needs to be compensated for this event, why are we donating money to charity? You don't get rich throwing your money away. Maybe I'm an asshole but I would never give money to the poor/charity. I believe in natural selection and the fittest with survive. Why not lower the price to $10 and not donate to charity.
The whole idea of Bimmerfest is to bring BMW enthusiasts together to share our enthusiasm of cars, meet new and old friends, enjoy a day in the sun, and as an added bonus, give back to the local community for allowing us to gather in their backyard. If you don't like the price of admission or are concerned about where the funds go, don't come! I'm guessing that you and your $20 would not be missed.
__________________
When it absolutely, positively, has to be destroyed overnight! OohRaah!!!
U. S. M. C.
Semper Fidelis
  #50  
Old 05-08-2007, 07:17 PM
rumratt's Avatar
rumratt rumratt is offline
blah
Location: East Coast
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,258
Mein Auto: 03 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky579 View Post
why not have a donation box since all you guys love giving your money away.
Have you never paid a cover charge for anything before in your life?

Do you also flip out when a store makes a profit when you buy a product?

Do you demand to see their expenses?


Quote:
edit: what does the $20/car pay for then? How much does it cost to rent out the fairgrounds all said and done? Do sponsors have to pay for a booth? Do the places that provided food, do they have to rent out a place?
You haven't yet figured out that you are in no position to demand any of this information, and that nobody is going to give it to you?


.

Last edited by rumratt; 05-08-2007 at 07:23 PM.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms