Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA

Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA
Mark it on your calendar, Bimmerfest 2007 will be held on May 5, 2007 at the Earl Warren Showgrounds!
Sponsored by Supersprint North America

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumratt View Post
As much as it pains me to agree with Mal...

+1

+1 on the adult comments back to the OP by the way, props to Jon for explaining "the real world" to the younger set...

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:26 PM
TMS

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky579 View Post
This might be the last year I support this event.
Bye
Old 05-08-2007, 07:30 PM
\m/ (>.<) \m/

Mein Auto: Duh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buyse13 View Post
Snip...

EDIT: Just back off the kid. He does not get it. Don't sit and flame him. Tell him whats up and let him be.
What the hell do you think they are doing?
Old 05-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 97 White 328iC
Hey Jon, If I read the OP's location correctly, I think he might be local to me. Just say the word and we can have the Sacramento chapter look up our young friend and "[Guido voice on]'splain a few things to im"[Guido voice off].
Old 05-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Overly Intellectual

Mein Auto: 2002 M5, 1999 M Roadster
Hey OP: If you were going to the beach for the day, and had lunch at a local restaurant, you'd probably drop $20. You might not see a single Bimmer.

At the 'fest, you get to see thousands of Bimmers, check out all the aftermarket manufacturers, and make some friends.

You're missing the whole point.

PS: 5000 people times $20 is $100,000 last I checked. That's grade school math...
Old 05-08-2007, 07:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 325i
If $20 is too much for you, please don't show up. I don't think I want to see people like you at events like these.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Bring the 'fest to Dallas

Send a message via AIM to Buyse13
Mein Auto: 01 325i ZSP
Quote:
I came late last year and squeezed through the back gate, but this year there were people at both gates.

$20??? for 1600 cars is $32,000 where is that money going? I heard if you bought raffle tickets that money was going to the low income people in Santa Barbara which is ironic since SB is one of the most expensive places to live in the nation so I didn't even stick around for the raffle. With all the raffle tickets too, I bet there was a gross income of over $50,000.

Last time I checked at fairs and stuff the food places had to rent out a spot to have their food booth, I'm thinking that the vendors pay to have a spot too, and the only cost would be the Bimmerfest personnel $10/hr probably 10 of them for a total of 10 hrs, that's only $1000. And the cost to rent out the fairgrounds can't be over $10000.

I don't work hard so that poor people can work less and receive free money.

Quote:
so what are the expenses?
Quote:
If 1600 people gave me $20 and one was curious as to how the money was being spent I would provide it. Think about businesses, if you say this is Jon's job then I suppose this is his business and if we are contributing, or "compensating" for his hard work then that in a way makes us like shareholders in which we are entitled to the financial information.

So if Jon needs to be compensated for this event, why are we donating money to charity? You don't get rich throwing your money away. Maybe I'm an asshole but I would never give money to the poor/charity. I believe in natural selection and the fittest with survive.
Why not lower the price to $10 and not donate to charity.
Quote:
why not have a donation box since all you guys love giving your money away.

edit: what does the $20/car pay for then? How much does it cost to rent out the fairgrounds all said and done? Do sponsors have to pay for a booth? Do the places that provided food, do they have to rent out a place?

Dude im sorry but you're an idiot. Im done trying to stick up for you. You embarrass me.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Chocolate Salty Balls

Mein Auto: Slammin Taco
I'm going to go ahead and violate tou, scold me if you will

lucky579, you are an idiot, stop worrying avout what Jon had to pay to put on this event. If you don't want to spend the $20, don't go.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Ones and Zeros

Mein Auto: It has two dipsticks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buyse13 View Post
Dude im sorry but you're an idiot. Im done trying to stick up for you. You embarrass me.
Took you long enough
Old 05-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Chocolate Salty Balls

Mein Auto: Slammin Taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_m5 View Post

PS: 5000 people times $20 is $100,000 last I checked. That's grade school math...
That's not the same math I used at the car dealership.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to geduardo
Mein Auto: 01 Steel Gray E46 325Ci
Wow!! Honestly, I didn't even remember paying the $20 bucks, it was that awesome. Bitching about charity and $20 bucks, wow!!! Dude, did you notice how much the gas that you're putting in your BMW is

Last edited by geduardo; 05-08-2007 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Overly Intellectual

Mein Auto: 2002 M5, 1999 M Roadster
Quote:
Originally Posted by geduardo View Post
Wow!! Honestly, I didn't even remember paying the $20 bucks, it was that awesome. Bitching about charity and $20 bucks, wow!!! Dude, did you notice how much the gas is that you're putting in your BMW
Werd!!!

I spent $50 before I got to the gate, $20 at the gate, and then $220 on stuff while I was there. I was more into meeting all the people and seeing the cars than anything. The "tech talk" by Steve Dinan, being able to talk to VF and Active Autowerks engineers directly, meeting people and just feeling like I was among people with a similar passion was worth it.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:34 PM
That cool guy

Mein Auto: 87 335is, 90 M3
I am going to go out on a limb here.
Next year, instead of going to bimmerfest, why don't you go for a walk on the beach with the kid that started the fight?

You can even hold hands.

It is really too bad that you took up one of the spaces this year.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
O.k., now I see where your confusion lies.

Bimmerfest is a car show, not a nonprofit venture. As a way for us to give something back (all of us) since we are fortunate enough to be driving expensive Ultimate Driving Machines, a couple of years ago (Bimmerfest IV in 2003) I asked our sponsors to donate products so that we could hold an "Opportunity Drawing" so that we could donate some money to a local charity. That little piece of Bimmerfest gave us all a warm and fuzzy feeling, so I decided to continue that tradition, picking a new charity every year. Three (count them, 3) people devoted the better part of a year to put this event on (forget all of the years developing the event without remuneration), and the profit from the event at least helps us pay our bills, but not much more. So you see, your assumptions were all wrong. Have no fear. Unless you actually purchased a ticket for the Opportunity Drawing, you did not make a donation to charity.

Lastly, this is my job and business. Since when did I make you a shareholder? You believe I have an obligation to provide my financials? Why don't you drive to your local BMW dealer and demand to see his while you are at it?

Jon - Why are you trying to reason with this :idiot:? He's pissed off that he couldn't sneak in again like last year.

He says he believes in selection of the fittest. Well, all I can say to this little cretin is - get ready to meet your maker. If your genes get perpetuated humanity is in deep sh!t. Lucky579 - why don't you go out and see if you can sneak in the back door of the local theater, or get some gas at the gas station and then run off without paying, or steal some cheap booze off the shelves at the local 7-11. And, if you get caught and are forced to pay, call everyone a sucker and demand to see the books.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Bring the 'fest to Dallas

Send a message via AIM to Buyse13
Mein Auto: 01 325i ZSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkmasta View Post
I am going to go out on a limb here.
Next year, instead of going to bimmerfest, why don't you go for a walk on the beach with the kid that started the fight?

You can even hold hands.

It is really too bad that you took up one of the spaces this year.
He is such an idiot he probably was in the fight.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:08 PM
...is never off duty.

Mein Auto: E46 323i & E36 328is

Old 05-08-2007, 09:18 PM
only one screen name

Send a message via AIM to obmd1
Mein Auto: '14 X5 35D
The OP is a tool, this is obvious. I do have a logistics question, though... The Fairgrounds are publicly owned? So fees are paid to the state? Are you required to bring your own liability insurance, or otherwise purchase it through state sanctioned provider?

I guess I never thought about where the entry fee would go.... I assumed that after costs it was zero-sum. (keep in mind I went to med school because business was NOT a forte'). It is actually nice to know Jon sees a little sumthin for his (and others') efforts. It's not like we're gettin together in the parking lot at the mall....
Old 05-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Stimulus Package

Mein Auto: 2002 530i
Having only just read through this whole thread, I'm wondering it the OP was just trolling. Do people really think like that?
2002 530i | Black/sand | Rondell Style 81s: 18x8.5 Front 18x10 Rear | Koni FSD | Eibach Pro-Kit | Zimmerman X-Drilled Rotors | Axxis Deluxe+ Brake Pads | StopTech SS Brake Lines | 50w 6000k Xenon Lows/LED Fogs/Phillips Luxeon LED DRLs | Angel i Brights v3.0 | Solaris Invisibulbs | Shadowline Trim | ///M5 Trunk Lip Spoiler | 35% Madico Tint | Dynavin D99+ ///M3Evolution | Backup camera | Intake Muffler, Front Plate, Badge & Cup/Coinholder Delete | Klasse AIO+SG
Old 05-08-2007, 09:34 PM

Mein Auto: 1997 Z3 2.8 Roadster
Bimmerfest $20? wtf?

Quote:
I came late last year and squeezed through the back gate, but this year there were people at both gates.

$20??? for 1600 cars is $32,000 where is that money going? I heard if you bought raffle tickets that money was going to the low income people in Santa Barbara which is ironic since SB is one of the most expensive places to live in the nation so I didn't even stick around for the raffle. With all the raffle tickets too, I bet there was a gross income of over $50,000.

Last time I checked at fairs and stuff the food places had to rent out a spot to have their food booth, I'm thinking that the vendors pay to have a spot too, and the only cost would be the Bimmerfest personnel $10/hr probably 10 of them for a total of 10 hrs, that's only $1000. And the cost to rent out the fairgrounds can't be over $10000.

I don't work hard so that poor people can work less and receive free money.

What can I say ............. You are a loser....... Give me your address and I'll mail you the $20.00, then ....................... GO AWAY!!! We don't need you at the events anyway. LOSERS LIKE THIS AREN'T WELCOME!!

2008 135i Convertible
1997 Z3 2.8 Roadster Sold
Old 05-08-2007, 09:40 PM
fightin' round the world

Mein Auto: 91' 318i / 90' 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Bryce View Post
I'm going to go ahead and violate tou, scold me if you will

lucky579, you are an idiot, stop worrying avout what Jon had to pay to put on this event. If you don't want to spend the $20, don't go.
+1, out of all of these posts, this was the simplest and best put, don't like the price? then don't go. damn, i'm gonna be rich after all the money i'm about to save!
Old 05-08-2007, 09:43 PM

Mein Auto: 87.325is
w.t.f..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc 540i View Post
People never fail to suprise me .
X2....so the guy that made this thread is free loader.....not good at all this events are not cheap to put on...
Old 05-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Past Sponsor

Mein Auto:
Well Jon, if the goal is to bring the BMW community together, I think this thread has done that like no other.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:57 PM

Mein Auto: 740il
Smile

i dont post much on this board but i had a good time there it was my first but when i paid 20 buck to get in and i got there at 9:45 and had to park by the stables i was a little pissed off when the folks by that back gate only paid 8 bucks to get in and even worse my 740 il was covered with a inch of dirt but it will not stop me from going next year it was a great event
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	my picture 2102.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	235.9 KB
ID:	107565  
Old 05-08-2007, 10:07 PM
only one screen name

Send a message via AIM to obmd1
Mein Auto: '14 X5 35D
Quote:
Originally Posted by baums7 View Post
i dont post much on this board but i had a good time there it was my first but when i paid 20 buck to get in and i got there at 9:45 and had to park by the stables i was a little pissed off when the folks by that back gate only paid 8 bucks to get in and even worse my 740 il was covered with a inch of dirt but it will not stop me from going next year it was a great event [/IMG]
I will paypal you a fiver if you use punctuation.....
Old 05-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Bored

Mein Auto: BMW E93 335i Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by obmd1 View Post
I will paypal you a fiver if you use punctuation.....
Now that was hilarious!

Closed Thread