Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA

Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA
Mark it on your calendar, Bimmerfest 2007 will be held on May 5, 2007 at the Earl Warren Showgrounds!
Sponsored by Supersprint North America

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 11:15 PM
...is never off duty.

Mein Auto: E46 323i & E36 328is
I will paypal anyone who makes this thread go away.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:25 PM
That cool guy

Mein Auto: 87 335is, 90 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad323i View Post
I will paypal anyone who makes this thread go away.
Ooh, Lucky579, this is your chance.
If you press "delete thread" brad will paypal you!!!!

Of course you might want to print out his offer in case you have to take him to court.

... And Brad will need your financials, since he will be a shareholder of your life.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:50 PM
The only cars to drive...

Mein Auto: 2002, 3.0 CS, Z4 3.0i
This thread is hilarious.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:13 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: m3
Wow, I wasn't expecting you guys to take it so personally, I was looking forward to this event since January when I requested it off from work, I didn't get the weekend off, but I told them I had an event to go to, I lost a ton of my hours at work and now have the worst shifts, but I think it was worth it. Yes the event was awesome and the gf loved it as well. I love Santa Barbara and the great weather and beaches.

However I thought the price was a bit steep, and I just wanted to know how my money was being allocated. Forgive me for asking as I see this is top secret material. Its not even about the money, its your guys whole attitude, I simply would like to know where that money is being spent.

If you go to a club, the cover charge is for the DJ and the rest is income for the club. I just didn't think it was $32000 to rent out the fairgrounds, plus the sponsors paying for some of it as well.

Edit: nonprofit event, but jon gets compensated...I never understand how these things work

Last edited by lucky579; 05-09-2007 at 01:26 AM.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:25 AM

Mein Auto: E46 M3
Jon just because of this thread, charge $50 next year.

Factory - Everything except Nav.
Aftermarket- Gruppe M Ti exhaust, 19’’ Ssr Gt-10, 285x30x19R - 255x35x19F, Jl 10''W7/Jl 500/1, Blacked Grill, Blacked Gills, L.e.d. tail lights, Angel eyes, Depot crystal smoked corners, Painted reflectors, Uuc pedals, H&R sport springs, K&N drop in filter, Drilled rotors, Axis pads.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:58 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to Ben Carufel
Mein Auto: BMW Motorcycles
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterlance View Post
Motion to apply a minimum age to Bimmerfest and to include a beer garden.
SECONDED.

YES.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buyse13 View Post
Alcohol being served is different than a beer garden. The beer gardens that I have observed usually can be summed up by a chaotic crowd of drunk people fenced in together. Alcohol being served is not a problem, im all for it (21+ of course ). But beer gardens? He seems to be wanting a New Years celebration rather than this.
No, it's not. Forgive me for stereotyping, but if you would get your ignorant hilbilly ass out of Texas and have a trip around Europe you'd see that Beer Gardens (or biergartens) are NOT necessarily a "chaotic crowd of drunk people fenced in together".

Retard.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:04 AM

Mein Auto: E46 M3
^^ lol

Factory - Everything except Nav.
Aftermarket- Gruppe M Ti exhaust, 19’’ Ssr Gt-10, 285x30x19R - 255x35x19F, Jl 10''W7/Jl 500/1, Blacked Grill, Blacked Gills, L.e.d. tail lights, Angel eyes, Depot crystal smoked corners, Painted reflectors, Uuc pedals, H&R sport springs, K&N drop in filter, Drilled rotors, Axis pads.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw M3 Guy View Post
Jon just because of this thread, charge $50 next year.
Seconded.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:14 AM
Banned

Mein Auto:
I will only fly myself half way around the world at my own expense to come to Bimmerfest 2008, if the entrance fee is at least 100 EUR.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
I will only fly myself half way around the world at my own expense to come to Bimmerfest 2008, if the entrance fee is at least 100 EUR.

Hyvaa lauseke!
Old 05-09-2007, 03:15 AM
im poor b/c i drive a BMW

Send a message via AIM to 2000Z3M Send a message via MSN to 2000Z3M
Mein Auto: 2000 M roadster
So is bimmerfest a NPO?
Mods in time: LTW wallet

Bimmerforums North East, Huge BMW meet
Old 05-09-2007, 03:22 AM

Mein Auto: 540/6 Sport
I believe you have to give at least 10% to be a non-profit organization or something. Quite frankly if you created bimmerfest you deserve to get paid
Old 05-09-2007, 04:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to SDSilverM3
Mein Auto: No Longer A BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky579 View Post
Edit: nonprofit event, but jon gets compensated...I never understand how these things work
Come on, employees of non-profit organizations do get compensated. Where have you been? Hiding under a rock?
Old 05-09-2007, 04:42 AM
The King of Common Sense

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave 330i
Mein Auto:
Is anyone offended because Bill Gates made BILLIONS selling Windows to you? Some of you are nickel and dime here.

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:47 AM
Chocolate Salty Balls

Mein Auto: Slammin Taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 330i View Post
Is anyone offended because Bill Gates made BILLIONS selling Windows to you? Some of you are nickel and dime here.
You just made me think of something, do my tax dollars help fund NASA ? I think the silly flying machines they are making are way too expensive and I'm sure my personal tax liability would drop like a lead weight if we didn't all have to fund those crazy sci-fi programs
Old 05-09-2007, 04:55 AM
The King of Common Sense

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Bryce View Post
You just made me think of something, do my tax dollars help fund NASA ? I think the silly flying machines they are making are way too expensive and I'm sure my personal tax liability would drop like a lead weight if we didn't all have to fund those crazy sci-fi programs
I know too well that there are many funded experiments, each costing millions of dollars, managed by enthusiastic institutional scientists and engineers, that will never fly to space station. I guess the term "science project" is alive and well. That's too bad.

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:53 AM
ICH LIEBE BMW!!!!

Send a message via Skype™ to mwagner1
Mein Auto: it has four wheels
Quote:
Maybe I'm an asshole but I would never give money to the poor/charity. I believe in natural selection and the fittest with survive.
Why not lower the price to $10 and not donate to charity.

Oyy, the OP digs himself an even deeper hole!!! Remember, you reap what you sow!!! Driving a butt expensive car and not being willing to help those less fortunate..bad karma, bad juju...when you loose your job and are on the street I will laugh at you when you are begging on the corner...MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cheers,
Old 05-09-2007, 07:12 AM
Overly Intellectual

Mein Auto: 2002 M5, 1999 M Roadster
Quote:
Wow, I wasn't expecting you guys to take it so personally, I was looking forward to this event since January when I requested it off from work, I didn't get the weekend off, but I told them I had an event to go to, I lost a ton of my hours at work and now have the worst shifts, but I think it was worth it. Yes the event was awesome and the gf loved it as well. I love Santa Barbara and the great weather and beaches.

However I thought the price was a bit steep, and I just wanted to know how my money was being allocated. Forgive me for asking as I see this is top secret material. Its not even about the money, its your guys whole attitude, I simply would like to know where that money is being spent.

If you go to a club, the cover charge is for the DJ and the rest is income for the club. I just didn't think it was $32000 to rent out the fairgrounds, plus the sponsors paying for some of it as well.

I think I'm beginning to sympathize with you.

I'd like to have the financials also, for purely educational purposes. It's useful to show examples of how NPO's work.

For the $50 entrance fee folks: Bite me.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:21 AM
The only cars to drive...

Mein Auto: 2002, 3.0 CS, Z4 3.0i
Come on now. Oprah lives in SB.

And the minimum age thing wouldn't work. You have a lot of cars in one location, a lot of what people consider nicer than average cars, BMW drivers (not everyone's an owner) have a superiority complex, most people at this thing were guys, now add some alochol...

Testosterone + Gasoline + Booze = ??? (HINT: the answer is not "TEA PARTY")

Here's a simple one. Have a CHP at the front gate ask to see driver's licenses as people enter. No license, no entry. Bet they catch someone on a suspended license like that rich chick. What's her name?

But hey, it's not my event. Jon started this and is becoming the victim of his own success. I know two vintage car events that took years off recently becaues the success was getting too much for them to handle.

Thanks for the Fest, Jon!
Old 05-09-2007, 07:52 AM
The King of Common Sense

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkmasta View Post
Ooh, Lucky579, this is your chance.
If you press "delete thread" brad will paypal you!!!!

Of course you might want to print out his offer in case you have to take him to court.

... And Brad will need your financials, since he will be a shareholder of your life.
That function is at the mercy of the moderator.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:03 AM
Admin • Owner • Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Why do you keep insisting that Bimmerfest is a non-profit event? The truth is we went 6 years without making a cent (actually lost thousands), but hey, you are making another fundamental error in your thought process. Do you think too, that Bimmerfest.com is a non-profit venture? C'mon man, where do you come up with this stuff? What about the other BMW forums out there? You probably have a MySPace page. Is that a non-profit venture too?

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 • The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Old 05-09-2007, 08:10 AM

Mein Auto: 87.325is
O.P!!!this is a once a year thing so start saving for next years event ok.....this is a good show,time,people and food.......
Old 05-09-2007, 11:05 AM
Officially Weird

Mein Auto: Clownshoe,Miata,WeeStrom
Quote:
Maybe I'm an asshole but I would never give money to the poor/charity. I believe in natural selection and the fittest with survive.
Why not lower the price to $10 and not donate to charity.
I don't necessarily have a problem with someone if they choose not to donate to charity.

However, it's downright hilarious to hear someone so utterly lacking in critical thinking, reading, math, and grammar skills, talk about survival of the fittest.

Congrats on your natural skills and abilities that caused you to be born in a rich nation with free primary education, at a time of record low infant mortality and crime and record high life expectancy, and apparently to a family of at least moderate means.

Your ability to completely skirt hardship is inspiring.

They should air documentaries about your life to all of those lazy jerks in Somalia.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:24 AM

Mein Auto: ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by reidconti View Post
Congrats on your natural skills and abilities that caused you to be born in a rich nation with free primary education, at a time of record low infant mortality and crime and record high life expectancy, and apparently to a family of at least moderate means.
which country are you describing?
Closed Thread