Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA

Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA
Mark it on your calendar, Bimmerfest 2007 will be held on May 5, 2007 at the Earl Warren Showgrounds!
Sponsored by Supersprint North America

Old 05-07-2007, 11:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to Tom Powered
Mein Auto: E39
Shirts are up on the site, sorry about that.

Murphy's Law dictated that we'd have a coding issue that would have to be resolved back in Arizona.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:07 PM
The 12th Bruin!

Mein Auto: 2001 BMW 330i Topaz Blue
Only my opinion (actually my girl's too)....07 bimmerfest shirts......

Yes, they did have more colors, however, it didn't mention anything like the date, place, etc....and nothing in the back!

I asked them at the booth why they were so plain? They said that they thought it was better than putting a bunch of verndor names on it.

I agree with that, but they should've at least put "Santa Barbara, CA May 5th, 2007" somewhere...at least in black on one of the sleeves.

Wasn't going to get one...I thought they were too expensive for what you were getting, but my girl convinced me to buy one anyways...

I was really looking forward to the design that was on the Bimmerfest flyer.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:17 PM
An Estorilblau Excellence

Send a message via AIM to AthleticTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to AthleticTrainer
Mein Auto: 2001 ///M Coupe
^^ +1 on all responses:

I bought one as well Cause it was my first Bimmerfest.. But I wish it was something like the 06... Had something on the back ya know?
Old 05-07-2007, 02:52 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 323i
the shirts are up now at polizeiclothing.com , and visible, if you want to buy one. im getting one just for the "i went there" effect
Old 05-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Ones and Zeros

Mein Auto: Dirty-Thirty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Powered View Post
Shirts are up on the site, sorry about that.

Murphy's Law dictated that we'd have a coding issue that would have to be resolved back in Arizona.
I was told by somebody at the booth that you would have different color options on your site??? Where are they???
Old 05-07-2007, 05:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tom Powered
Mein Auto: E39
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvThatSam View Post
I was told by somebody at the booth that you would have different color options on your site??? Where are they???
We have different color options for our other designs but the 2007 shirts are only available in heather grey, sorry for the confusion.

I knew that this year's design was going to be controversial and I genuinely appreciate any and all input. Our goal was to do something completely different from the previous years. If you're unhappy with this year's rest assured that 2008's will be in no way similar.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:56 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 323i
polizeiclothing.com for the new 07 shirts
Old 05-07-2007, 08:19 PM
azrace318is

Send a message via AIM to stevohill
Mein Auto: 318Is
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I was one of the people that helped run the Polizei/Bimmerfest shirt booth. While you may have not liked the design, there were hundreds of other people that did. And I can say that clearly based on our sales. You have to understand that when something is mass produced such as this, there will always be someone who's tastes differ. But I would like to see anyone that has been ragging on the design to come up with a shirt that will be unanimously accepted by close to a thousand people.

I know the time and effort that Tom puts into producing these shirts each year, and it is no easy task. But I for one, like the new design. It's simple, classy, and to the point. It also avoids the clutter of having a front, back, and sleeve designs everywhere. Sure there are things that could have been changed, but all in all it was a good design.

My favorite comment of the day from someone heard complaining about the design was, "oh it just has a stupid m6 on the front"

~Steve
Old 05-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Anyone who wants to order a shirt: based on last year's response, I got mine in record time and very nice quality they were too.

Tom - Reference the design, I'm sure it looks fine in person and reflects your intent.

For me, having a bimmerfest shirt is more about remembering the event "from afar". I encourage you to consider at least mentioning the date/event on the shirt for 2008.

While I'm at it, and this might be a good place to mention this, I'm not sure why it hasn't occured to anyone whether a line of generic "bimmerfest.com" apparel might be in order -- is it the inventory load, setting up the e-business front, licensing issues, what?

On the other hand, I personally would instantly order a 'bimmerfest.com' baseball cap in heather or tan with a chambray bill -- you know, the high quality ones you see at major sporting events, as well as a nice embroidered polo with 'bimmerfest.com' logo on the chest.

Sadly I've never seen these items available.

Jon? Tim?

Just wondering...

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:37 AM
Fest Veteran

Mein Auto: 79 E21
^^^ I wish they had some apparel too. I would like to have a nice embroidered polo shirt, t-shirt, or even beanie.

For more information visit Tricord's E21 Community & CarDomain

"Mortals! rejoice at so great an ornament to the human race!"
Old 05-09-2007, 08:59 AM
Admin • Owner • Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingspan View Post
While I'm at it, and this might be a good place to mention this, I'm not sure why it hasn't occured to anyone whether a line of generic "bimmerfest.com" apparel might be in order -- is it the inventory load, setting up the e-business front, licensing issues, what?

On the other hand, I personally would instantly order a 'bimmerfest.com' baseball cap in heather or tan with a chambray bill -- you know, the high quality ones you see at major sporting events, as well as a nice embroidered polo with 'bimmerfest.com' logo on the chest.

Sadly I've never seen these items available.

Jon? Tim?

Just wondering...

We tried that 5 or 6 years ago and it didn't work. Somebody got stock with a bunch of unsold inventory. But that was also 5 or 6 years ago (maybe time to try again)...

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 • The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Old 05-09-2007, 12:14 PM
Alpinweiss ftw

Mein Auto: 1991 318iS
I bought a Bimmerfest shirt this year and I really liked it. Enough to also make me order a couple more shirts from the polizei clothing website... very cool Bimmerhead stuff!
Old 05-09-2007, 12:19 PM
azrace318is

Just as a heads up, Tom is currently working on getting the polo's you saw the staff in the Polizei booth wearing, into production. Along with a few other really good looking designs. Stay tuned...
Old 05-09-2007, 05:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to AriZonaD54
Mein Auto: 2003 M3 SMG
i really like the bimmerfest logo on the shirt. the only thing i didnt like was the color of the shirt. i look chubby in grey.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:51 PM
Retired Slacker

Mein Auto: A car.
I didnt buy a shirt at Bfest this year, but I might order one anyways. A Polo shirt would be great too.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:56 PM
Chocolate Salty Balls

Mein Auto: Slammin Taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
We tried that 5 or 6 years ago and it didn't work. Somebody got stock with a bunch of unsold inventory. But that was also 5 or 6 years ago (maybe time to try again)...
How about a site store where we could just order shirts, hats, key chains, etc ?
Old 05-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
Hm, I seem to recall echoes of that thought when I joined the fest in 2003.

I respect that, and secretly I was thinking that might be the real reason for the fact that 'fest gear was not readily available.

I wonder, would it be possible to research whether (nowadays) there is a way to reduce the cycle time in the business model by using the 'net?

I mean, I would not be surprised if a large brick and block custom embroidery enterprise would not mind occasional (small) orders via some type of e-commerce transaction. This way you could benefit from the revenue stream, get the 'fest logo "out there" and drive your net physical inventory and associated admin costs down at the same time.

Anyway, at least it sounds good. I'd happy to volunteer to poke at this to see if I could identify some likely candidates to consider. I wonder tho whether there is some experience with this in the folks at Polizei. Tom? Steveo? This is more in you guys expertise than mine, what do you think?

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:37 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 325i
I personally like the shirt and will be ordering one shortly. It's clean and has a bit of a retro look.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:59 PM
azrace318is

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingspan View Post
Hm, I seem to recall echoes of that thought when I joined the fest in 2003.

I respect that, and secretly I was thinking that might be the real reason for the fact that 'fest gear was not readily available.

I wonder, would it be possible to research whether (nowadays) there is a way to reduce the cycle time in the business model by using the 'net?

I mean, I would not be surprised if a large brick and block custom embroidery enterprise would not mind occasional (small) orders via some type of e-commerce transaction. This way you could benefit from the revenue stream, get the 'fest logo "out there" and drive your net physical inventory and associated admin costs down at the same time.

Anyway, at least it sounds good. I'd happy to volunteer to poke at this to see if I could identify some likely candidates to consider. I wonder tho whether there is some experience with this in the folks at Polizei. Tom? Steveo? This is more in you guys expertise than mine, what do you think?
I think bimmerfest schwag would be a great idea, but unlike the attempt that was made a few years ago where large quantities were ordered, I think keeping a smaller stock would be a wise decision. More of a restock as necessary situation. Because unlike the official bimmerfest shirts which are basically a one run deal and produced in large quantities in anticipation of selling quite a few, I think one would have to test the waters first to see what the reaction is to "official" shirts, hats, etc.

Oh and for anyone who forgot the design of the polos, or hasn't seem them yet, here they are in all of their glory.

Me looking cheery as always

Old 05-10-2007, 04:53 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 M3 ZCP
Graphics on the shirt was not too bad, but I didn't buy one because I don't like grey t-shirts. A white t-shirt would be more preferable. Maybe next year . . .
Old 05-11-2007, 03:42 AM
azrace318is

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike in o.c. View Post
Graphics on the shirt was not too bad, but I didn't buy one because I don't like grey t-shirts. A white t-shirt would be more preferable. Maybe next year . . .
While gray isn't my most favorite color for t-shirts either, I think white would have sold even less. It seems to be a fairly unpopular shirt, from what I've seen.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:20 AM
Bored

Mein Auto: BMW E93 335i Convertible
I proudly wore my Bimmerfest T-Shirt today. The design is awesome! I would gladly purchase a baseball cap like Wingspan suggested!

Old 05-11-2007, 06:11 AM
Account close at users request

Mein Auto: .
I am certainly in the market for a good quality, possibly one size fits all fitted cap.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:30 PM
azrace318is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Check View Post
I am certainly in the market for a good quality, possibly one size fits all fitted cap.
Polizei or bimmerfest?