Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA

Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA
Mark it on your calendar, Bimmerfest 2007 will be held on May 5, 2007 at the Earl Warren Showgrounds!
Sponsored by Supersprint North America

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 01:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebeemer View Post
Its tough to run with the big dogs when you're a puppy stuck on the porch lickin' your balls.
If you can find them. They've been faded into obscurity by the 'roids.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:47 PM

Mein Auto: 540/6 Sport
I Had to do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavaM3 View Post
I got flammed over at bfest.com I just would have like to see the breakdown of the steep admission price and why it was more than last year.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=204917
LavaM3 or Lucky579???

This is a post over at bimmerfest

Quote:
Originally Posted by philippek View Post
Okay, so this thread will undoubtedly push the limits of the TOU. Mods, please allow some discretion. You have to admit this ********* has provided more fun for the inmates than anyone in recent memory, and he certainly has brought the BMW community together. Remember that as this post progresses.

So anyway, I'm bored tonight and I decide to google 'lucky579'. And what I find is a treasure trove of evidence, tracks and footprints all over the world wide web, and a mother lode of pure comedy. I encourage all of you to perform the search yourself when you have some time, or when you just need a good laugh.

First, I think I found his car. A thoroughly respectable E36 M3 in Dakar Yellow. I really used to like that color. Sadly that little cretin has ruined that for me. Forever.

Note also that site reveals a name, other than his now-infamous nom de plume: Brian B.

Then, I stumble upon one of his many hobbies: R/C vehicles. Note his signature: "You only live once be / / / M Powered" This young lad has been fantasizing for years about becoming a BMW owner. Pity he's now the pariah of our proud brotherhood.

It seems like he's over R/C however, as evidenced by one of his 'sellout' posts, where he proudly declares: "I recently got my license and RC is not as fun as driving for real." Perhaps he should also have added: "I recently paid to get into bimmerfest and paying your way is not as fun as sneaking through the fence and mooching off the BMW community."

And what do I find next, but a heart-wrenching little tale from Brian B. Check out his post on general mayhem. In his first post he proudly declares: "I'm an idiot." You got that right Brian B. At least you can finally admit it, if not on this bb then at least on another one.

It seems like Brian B "Fell in love with a girl that doesn't love me the same way" and got his teensy-weensy heart broken. Sadly he's edited his posts so we can't see all the gruesome details, but you can pretty much fill in the blanks by the way other posters have replied. It really is a sad, sordid state of affairs.

But the piece de resistance, the absolute coupe de grace, the true magnum opus comes from bodybuilding.com, where it seems Brian B has been spending some time trying to pump himself up. And yet it seems like his relationship troubles follow him, even in his attempts to get buff. Check out this post where he admits to "Dating 2 girls, trying to get them in shape."

In this post Brian B reports that one of the best things about working out is that you "can go to parties dressed as chip and dale, and all the ladies want to take pictures with you." Yes Brian B, that's exactly why we work out. That also why we drive BMWs. That's the motivation for everything we do in life. Tool.

And then Brian B confesses to his true fantasy in this thread: "I'm thinking of going down south somewhere in ca and living with other bodybuilders and we all cook for each other threw out the day." Hmm...interesting thought Brian B. Perhaps you'd like to live with me and my boyfriend? Except we're not bodybuilders, just a couple of gay guys who need a houseboy.

And finally, this lovely post, which showcases the diet used to create a Brian B, and provides us with visual evidence which you'll probably want to forget right after you see it. Although you'll have a tough time forgetting the laughter it will cause.

Enjoy this while you can boys, I imagine that as soon as Brian B. finds this thread he'll go on a mad deleting spree across the interwebs. Feel free to copy and paste stuff here as a permanent memorial to his ignominy. As a safety precaution I have copied a few of choice posts and pictures so his disgrace can be preserved for generations to come.

lucky579, Brian B., or whatever the hell your name is, I'd like to officially welcome you to the 'fest.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to DaKine
Mein Auto: 2002 M Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky579 View Post
If 1600 people gave me $20 and one was curious as to how the money was being spent I would provide it. Think about businesses, if you say this is Jon's job then I suppose this is his business and if we are contributing, or "compensating" for his hard work then that in a way makes us like shareholders in which we are entitled to the financial information.

So if Jon needs to be compensated for this event, why are we donating money to charity? You don't get rich throwing your money away. Maybe I'm an asshole but I would never give money to the poor/charity. I believe in natural selection and the fittest with survive.
Why not lower the price to $10 and not donate to charity.

This is some golden sh*t right there.

Jev, Tina, LTS, AsianImage, Rizzo, MarkSeven, Jeff, etc. etc. etc. etc... you have all ben frequent visitors of my restaurant. That makes you, in a way, shareholders.

If you would like to come down here and impliment some changes, feel free. After all, it's your place now, right?
Old 05-13-2007, 06:13 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKine View Post

Jev, Tina, LTS, AsianImage, Rizzo, MarkSeven, Jeff, etc. etc. etc. etc... you have all ben frequent visitors of my restaurant. That makes you, in a way, shareholders.

If you would like to come down here and impliment some changes, feel free. After all, it's your place now, right?
I'd like to be a partner, too -- but only if we're making money!
Old 05-13-2007, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibubimmer View Post
I'd like to be a partner, too -- but only if we're making money!
Well, I don't think you've been a customer of mine yet. In order to be a parter/shareholder, you must be a paying customer.

Jon is pretty far ahead of me, he has thousands of shareholders/partners. I'll get there someday.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:07 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Well, I don't think you've been a customer of mine yet. In order to be a parter/shareholder, you must be a paying customer.

Jon is pretty far ahead of me, he has thousands of shareholders/partners. I'll get there someday.
I don't necessarily want to eat anything! (Do you have a $20 cover charge? :wtf: ) I just want to share in the profits -- but only if we're making any. So, will sneaking in the back door and stealing a couple of drinks be sufficient? Also, can I park the M6 rattlebox out front?
Old 05-13-2007, 07:15 PM
Officially Weird

Mein Auto: Clownshoe,Miata,WeeStrom
Quote:
You don't have thousands of customers? What kind of restaurant is this, anyway? How long has it been in business, 3 days?
Old 05-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Admin • Owner • Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
I have to get down there for one of those Scarantino's GTGs one of these days....

Italian food.

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 • The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Old 05-13-2007, 08:40 PM
Ones and Zeros

Mein Auto: It has two dipsticks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
I have to get down there for one of those Scarantino's GTGs one of these days....

Italian food.

It's a $20 entrance fee

j/k, next one is on Friday, 18th of this month
Old 05-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Omni Extaris

Mein Auto: The Axles of Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky579 View Post
I came late last year and squeezed through the back gate, but this year there were people at both gates.

$20??? for 1600 cars is $32,000 where is that money going? I heard if you bought raffle tickets that money was going to the low income people in Santa Barbara which is ironic since SB is one of the most expensive places to live in the nation so I didn't even stick around for the raffle. With all the raffle tickets too, I bet there was a gross income of over $50,000.

Last time I checked at fairs and stuff the food places had to rent out a spot to have their food booth, I'm thinking that the vendors pay to have a spot too, and the only cost would be the Bimmerfest personnel $10/hr probably 10 of them for a total of 10 hrs, that's only $1000. And the cost to rent out the fairgrounds can't be over $10000.

I don't work hard so that poor people can work less and receive free money.

This might be the last year I support this event.
Pfffft.

I could have rented you my own personal Klingon Cloaking Device for $15 for the WHOLE DAY!!!!

Would have saved you 5 smackers!

Old 05-14-2007, 05:28 AM
Chocolate Salty Balls

Mein Auto: Slammin Taco
Quote:

That's it I'm coming out there for dinner and Jev and I are going to have the name changed from Scarantino's to Chicken and Bitches I'm really liking this new business format, I'm going to head over to the store I did some grocery shopping at yesterday and get a few bucks out of the register for walking around money, I mean being an owner and all that should be OK.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:05 AM
Overly Intellectual

Mein Auto: 2002 M5, 1999 M Roadster
I find the aristocratic attitude towards this guy disturbing. I'm with the group on the whole "$20 is nothing" and "Jon's financials are none of our beeswax" stuff, but why blast the kid for being parsimonious? Is it totally contrary to the concept of owning a BMW, that elsewhere in life your money squeaks as it leaves your hand?

As for girl problems, who hasn't had those? Maybe ffej hit the lottery , but other mere mortals here made mistakes in the past. I feel fortunate now, but I haven't always been so fortunate.

This kid is a real guy that obviously has some self esteem issues going on. The venom and lack of compassion from you guys really bothers me. That's not appropriate, and the punishment being dealt out here far exceeds and "crime" against the B'fest community.

Sorry.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:25 AM
Officially Weird

Mein Auto: Clownshoe,Miata,WeeStrom
Maybe it's a result of his lack of compassion (more like abundance of contempt) towards everyone else on the planet.

I find it hard to feel sorry for people like that. Reap what you sow and all.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:50 AM

Mein Auto: 330i, Mazda6, R90/6 R60/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_m5 View Post

This kid is a real guy that obviously has some self esteem issues going on. The venom and lack of compassion from you guys really bothers me. That's not appropriate, and the punishment being dealt out here far exceeds and "crime" against the B'fest community.

Sorry.
I actually think the thread is a good thing, it has taught all of us that what you post can haunt you now and in the future. Lucky didn't think that someone would google him and report back to the fest what they had found.
This thread is a lesson that anyone can find out far more about you than you would like. Be careful what you post and who you piss off.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:01 AM
Overly Intellectual

Mein Auto: 2002 M5, 1999 M Roadster
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTBowden View Post
This thread is a lesson that anyone can find out far more about you than you would like. Be careful what you post and who you piss off.
uh, oh...
Old 05-14-2007, 08:02 AM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_m5 View Post
uh, oh...
+1
Old 05-14-2007, 09:17 AM
Ik hou van Holland...

Mein Auto: 530xiT
Quote:
Jon, I'm with the OP on this one.

After all, $20 is big money for us BMW drivers.

Next year, for my money, I want:

1. A massage (w/ happy ending) by the hottest Asian girl around.
2. A BJ from the Victoria's Secret Angels
3. A painted portrait of me nude with my car in front of the Earl Warren sign, framed and signed by the artist.
4. Two year subscription to Playboy
5. A bottle of expensive Champagne (for me to pour on hot girls boobs)
6. Expensive Cigars

And Jon, while you're at it, I would like an itemized invoice of this years expenses: I need to see where all of this money is going. I would also like:

Your full name
Telephone Number
Adress
Social Security Number
Bank Account Numbers
Pin Number
Routing Numbers
Credit Card Numbers

Thanks in advance Jon.
Man do I agree with you...
Old 05-14-2007, 09:21 AM
Ik hou van Holland...

Mein Auto: 530xiT
Quote:

Italian food.

It's about time...
Old 05-14-2007, 01:09 PM
The King of Common Sense

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave 330i
Mein Auto:
Isn't about time IRS audit Jon? I mean there is big cash here.

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:35 PM

Mein Auto: 87.325is
^^^heheheheh.....
Old 05-14-2007, 04:48 PM

Mein Auto:
Lucky. I got this e-mail today from one of my "partners." It didn't ask for $20. You can use my name (Malibubimmer) and take my place on this. After all the money you make you will be able to afford the $20 cover charge and won't even ask Jon for a detailed accounting for Bimmerfest 2008:

Quote:
Dear Partner,

I am a member of the contract award committee and 14 project allocation manager, of the Department of Minerals and Natural Resources in West Africa;
I am in search of an agent to assist me in the transfer of $20Million US Dollars and subsequent investment in properties in your country. You will be required to.

(1) Assist in the transfer of the said funds
(2) Advise on lucrative areas for investment
(3) Assist me in purchase of properties or Profitable Business.

If you decide to render your service to me in this regard, 20% of the total sum of $20Million US dollars will be for you. Thank you and God bless you, as I wait in anticipation of your fullest co-operation. Send your E-mail to my Private mailing address:major.ahmadhamza@yahoo.com.hk

Yours Faithfully,
Major Hamza Ahmad.(Rtd)
Tel: +234 808 368 1550.
Knock yourself out. Somehow I think the two of you will really get along.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibubimmer View Post
I don't necessarily want to eat anything! (Do you have a $20 cover charge? :wtf: ) I just want to share in the profits -- but only if we're making any. So, will sneaking in the back door and stealing a couple of drinks be sufficient? Also, can I park the M6 rattlebox out front?
Good point. Yes, stealing will be sufficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidconti View Post
You don't have thousands of customers? What kind of restaurant is this, anyway? How long has it been in business, 3 days?
Good point.. I didn't think about that. Thanks for raining on my parade.

Quote:

Italian food.

Yeah, it's getting to the point where you've missed so many that it's starting to piss off some people in high places (like God, he's a bit mad at you right now)

Are you gonna be there for the next one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Bryce View Post
That's it I'm coming out there for dinner and Jev and I are going to have the name changed from Scarantino's to Chicken and Bitches I'm really liking this new business format, I'm going to head over to the store I did some grocery shopping at yesterday and get a few bucks out of the register for walking around money, I mean being an owner and all that should be OK.
Chicken and Bitches sounds good to me.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
I think the OP has made his point and everyone else has made theirs. This thread has gone on long enough.

Tim
Closed Thread