Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA

Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA
Mark it on your calendar, Bimmerfest 2007 will be held on May 5, 2007 at the Earl Warren Showgrounds!
Sponsored by Supersprint North America

Old 05-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Fest Veteran

Mein Auto: 79 E21
This is the first I have heard of this type of thing happening in the 5 years I have attended. IMO, its bound to happen at what point as the event grows. I think its best to just forget about it, theres really nothing you can do about it.

On a good note, I have seen the up most respect in the past years with people and cars. On several occasions I have had people ask me if it was ok to feel the paint, or if they could open the door to get a picture of the interior.

This year, I was approached by a young man in his early 20's who told me he accidentally brushed up against my mirror and moved it out of place (I have the old style mirrors on the door). I found that to be very respectful of him.

For more information visit Tricord's E21 Community & CarDomain

"Mortals! rejoice at so great an ornament to the human race!"
Old 05-08-2007, 10:46 AM
Alpinweiss ftw

Mein Auto: 1991 318iS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLitZeD310 View Post
This is the first I have heard of this type of thing happening in the 5 years I have attended. IMO, its bound to happen at what point as the event grows. I think its best to just forget about it, theres really nothing you can do about it.

On a good note, I have seen the up most respect in the past years with people and cars. On several occasions I have had people ask me if it was ok to feel the paint, or if they could open the door to get a picture of the interior.

This year, I was approached by a young man in his early 20's who told me he accidentally brushed up against my mirror and moved it out of place (I have the old style mirrors on the door). I found that to be very respectful of him.
I was reading in another thread that they want to change the venue. This is the reason why it should not be changed.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:52 AM
The King of Common Sense

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave 330i
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad323i View Post
Did the "security" earn their check for the day? I was long gone before that, I got bored!
I did see a couple guys who looked like they were picked off the street wearing uniforms that had security written on them.

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:06 PM
Ik hou van Holland...

Mein Auto: 530xiT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKine View Post
Did you make it up MG?

I think that all of the Dutch people who attend bimmerfest are the main problem.
Disrespect for the Dutch...

But I did not make it up, I drove up to Malibu Canyon and drank a coffee in the Colony...
Old 05-08-2007, 12:44 PM
The 12th Bruin!

Mein Auto: 2001 BMW 330i Topaz Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLitZeD310 View Post

Too bad more people are not like that. I saw some girl hit one of the cars with her big Gucci/Louie Vuitton/Couch (one of them bags with the logos plastered all over them) and she didn't even flinch. She just kept walking. It made a nice "ding" sound, I didn't check, but I hope it didn't ding the car.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
[Whoops - posted in wrong place]
Old 05-09-2007, 01:48 PM
World Traveller Forever

Mein Auto: 1992 BMW 325ic M Technic
Well...

They should have been "Tasered" until their hearts went into attack mode and then be left for dead. Seriously. F'in taser them!

"Swimming with the sharks" All over this World...I'll see you in the next one.,,yeahhhh.... AND DON"T BE LATE,,,, DON"T BE LAAATTEE!
Old 05-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 06 EZGO TXT, chipped!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaKine View Post
Nope, it's not a color thing at all. Like I said, ban wifebeaters and gold chains, and the event would be cleaned up, haha.

But again, Jon, one fight between two people is nothing to get stressed over. For how many people show up, it's impressive that there aren't more problems. You can't exclude people from the event, and hiring a bunch of security guards would probably ruin the vibe. The most you can really do is handle fights with the iron fist and make an example out of people who cause trouble. That will likely discourage it from happening in the future.
In order to keep bimmerfest from growing out of control increase the fee to get in and you will also get rid of the typical expected thugs...plus you can keep it in SB.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:23 AM
Overly Intellectual

Mein Auto: 2002 M5, 1999 M Roadster
Quote:
Originally Posted by greginaz1 View Post
In order to keep bimmerfest from growing out of control increase the fee to get in and you will also get rid of the typical expected thugs...plus you can keep it in SB.
That's easy for you to say!!!!

Grammar: The difference between "knowing your sh*t" and "knowing you're sh*t."