Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 06-24-2007, 09:32 AM
Go you Good Thing

Mein Auto: e36 316I M
Absolute Relief

Being Sunday nite I am looking at another week of not working and being bored sh1tless. What do I do, take the BM for a spin. Missus is in bed, kids are in bed, poor old cone is on his lonesome.

Anyway, I took the car for a 'spirited' run through a mountain road just outside of my town. After filling up with fuel, I head home.

Stopped the car, got out, opened the garage (forgot the remote) and put the car in the garage.

I go to close the garage door and what do I find in a pool on the driveway.........A puddle of fluid with a green tinge. Old Cone thinks....Sweet Geeezzuuzz, what have I done. I looked at the fluid with a torch (mind you its 1AM) and it is definatly green, and it feels a bit viscus. Not good I think.

I go back into the garage, set up my workshop spot light and spend 20 mins looking at various aspects of the cooling system to no avail. The coolant is even at the correct hot level for where it should be after a good hard drive. There is defiantly green fluid splashed around the engine bay.

ANYWAY, the relief came when I bumped the light and what do I find......A crack in the windscreen washer bottle, right up on the neck of it, and you would never guess what colour the washer fluid is............Green....PHEW..It had been coming out of the bottle, and going behind, between the bottle and the strut, then under the bottle, onto the belts.

So, all I have to do is replace the bottle and all is good.

Time to have a beer and try an reduce the blood pressure.

Cone
XXXXX
The best predictor for future behaviour, is past behaviour. ALSO, IT SHOULD BE NOTED:......AMATURES BUILT THE ARK..AND PROFESSIONALS BUILT THE TITANIC..................QUOTE FOR THE DAY.. Good drivers know how to get out of trouble, and better drivers know how to avoid it.....The Cone 2006 & 2007
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2007, 09:38 AM
Still here

Send a message via MSN to Pirate_copy
Mein Auto: M3
Thank god for that mate

Thought the ConeMachine was sick!!!

Edirty6 for life
Old 06-24-2007, 09:41 AM
Go you Good Thing

Mein Auto: e36 316I M
Yes Pirate....so did I...heart skipped a beat!!!!
The best predictor for future behaviour, is past behaviour. ALSO, IT SHOULD BE NOTED:......AMATURES BUILT THE ARK..AND PROFESSIONALS BUILT THE TITANIC..................QUOTE FOR THE DAY.. Good drivers know how to get out of trouble, and better drivers know how to avoid it.....The Cone 2006 & 2007
Old 06-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Still here

Send a message via MSN to Pirate_copy
Mein Auto: M3
I bet it did buddy!

Edirty6 for life
Old 06-25-2007, 05:45 AM
BMW FETISH!!!

Send a message via MSN to DominguesE30
Mein Auto: `97 BMW 318is
phewwww coneeeee...

Beeeeeeeee Eeeeem Double-YOU!!!!