Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E30 (1982 - 1993)

E30 (1982 - 1993)
God's Chariot. The E30 was produced primarily from 1982 through 1991. The cabriolet was the one exception which was produced through 1993.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:48 AM

Mein Auto: BMW e30 M325i
Question No.28 in Fuse Box popping!!! Please Help?

Hi...

I drive a E30 325i...

When I engage the cigarette lighter the electric windows dont operate when my doors are open. Normally the cigarette lighter and electric windows operate when doors are open while the ignition is off.

Then, it pops the no.28 fuse everytime as well.

My radio ariel never worked. and is disconnected.

Even with the lighter completely out of the socket, if i connect the socket via the back wires then it still pops the no.28 fuse.

Any ideas?

BMW Rulez!!!
Ads by Google
Old 07-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Pretty much had 'em all
RE the lighter, there is probably something in the socket shorting it, replace the socket and quit smoking, it's bad for you.
RE the windows, check the wiring harness where it enters the door, I'll bet you a pack of smokes there is a cracked or broken wire there.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:56 PM
BMW ADDICT

Send a message via Yahoo to delphini
Mein Auto: 87 cabbie AND 90 sedan
mine does that too , its a 30 amp fuse , i dunno either , my ariel works (did work) once i replaced this fuse.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross1 View Post
RE the lighter, there is probably something in the socket shorting it, replace the socket and quit smoking, it's bad for you.
RE the windows, check the wiring harness where it enters the door, I'll bet you a pack of smokes there is a cracked or broken wire there.
Thanks ross1

I was thinking that as well but thought maybe it could be something more extensive.

Uhm, i am having a "break down yard day" next week and picking up a few things on my "Replace List". A new ashtray will be one of them...

I no smoking is bad and im trying to quit, but this darn ashtray/cigarette lighter short is jis stressing me out

Delphini... Sup dawg

Howz the cabrio doing? Any new mods?
Old 08-07-2007, 02:00 AM

Thanks ross1....

I fixed the problem. Bought a new ashtray with sighter socket and everything is going well.

No more popping fuses

Thans again...

BMW Rulez!!!
Old 08-09-2007, 07:00 PM
BMW ADDICT

Send a message via Yahoo to delphini
Mein Auto: 87 cabbie AND 90 sedan
sup goos, ummm a timing belt change and water pump new ecu w/chip just got an is spoiler i'll install before winter and some sideskirts not installed so i got a few projects brewing also i want to get my hood resprayed before winter hows your ride coming along?
Old 08-09-2007, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphini View Post
sup goos, ummm a timing belt change and water pump new ecu w/chip just got an is spoiler i'll install before winter and some sideskirts not installed so i got a few projects brewing also i want to get my hood resprayed before winter hows your ride coming along?
Sounds like you gonna be busy... Cant wiat to see the results...

My car still pretty much the same as before, running on 14" wheels tho...

Racing @ our local track on the 1/4 drag strip. Will post pics and results asap.

Send those pics bro...

BMW Rulez!!!