Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2007, 06:33 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328i sport
Uk Driver with a big car ?

More Congestion Charges For High Polluting Vehicles.

Transport for London has published a consultation paper on 10 August, outlining changes to the London Congestion Charge scheme. The aim is to charge cars making the biggest contribution to global warming pay significantly more and thus discourage their use. The charges are set to cost the highest polluting vehicles (over 225 g/km) up to £25 to drive in the present Central London Congestion Charging Zone. This would affect some 8% of cars registered in London. The normal resident's discount of 90% would not apply to these vehicles.
The new charges would be as follows:
Low-CO2 emitting cars - 100% discount (£0). Includes cars in VED bands A and B (less than 120g CO2 per km) which also meet the Euro 4 air quality standard
The majority of cars - VED Bands C, D, E and those in F with emissions up to 225g CO2 per km will continue to pay the same daily charge as at present - £8
The highest CO2 emitting cars - VED Band G and equivalent vehicles (above 225g CO2 per km), as well as those registered pre-March 2001 with engines larger than 3 litres, will pay £25 a day
Cars are calculated by Transport for London to account for nearly half the estimated 22% of London's CO2 emissions accounted for by transport as a whole. According to a poll conducted by MORI for the Mayor, 64% of Londoners think the most polluting cars should pay a higher congestion charge. The consultation will run from the 10 August and end on 19 October.

Andy

If it has boobs or wheels sooner or later your gonna have problems with it…

86 E28 528i
89 E30 320i Coupe (Sold)
93 E34 525i Sport (Sold)
97 E36 328i Sport
Ads by Google