Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 08-13-2007, 11:00 PM
Smoke tires, not drugs

Send a message via AIM to xxx008xxx
Mein Auto: 1998 ///M3, 1999 Jeep GC
my 328is and an eclipse GTS meet again...

around november of last year i pulled up to a kid in like a 2004 eclipse gts. at the time it had an intake, exhaust, short shifter, suspension, a bunch of stickers, and the good old red underglow that looked pink. i was in my 328is and at the time it had just a cat-back, a cone filter, and my girlfriend in the car.

he revved his motor at me and i just shook my head at him. he took off hard at the light, i took off normal, and i just stayed on his bumper.

the light after that came.he turned on his "underglow", and revved his motor again. once again he took off hard and i took off normal, and still was right on his bumper..i guess the underglow didn't add his 20hp like the box said it would....

the last light finally came and i said ok...it's time to play...

i saw the light going the oposite way turn yellow and revved my car to around 3000rpm and he did the same. our light finally turned green and i said peace out. by the end of 3rd i was about 3 car legnths ahead of him...not bad....

TONIGHT

my car now has cone filter, cat-back, and my good old OBD1 intake manifold ....his car, idk...probably the same as it was last time we met....

tonight i was on my way to my girlfriends house after putting some new rubber on my wheels. as i was on my way there i see the same eclipse about pull out of a street to go on the road i was on. we made eye contact and i just kept driving. i look in my miror and he was way back there...and i'm thinking this kid won't even like do anything...a light comes up again which if you go straight it goes from two lanes to one lane. i'm already at the light and he pulls up next to me. waiting for him to revv his engine like last time, i sit there patiently. he does nothing. so when the light turns green i just take off normal and shift into second gear after i let 1st wind out to about 4000rpm. he is about 3 car legnths behind me and i hear his car start roaring and i look in my mirror and see his front lifting up. so i just keep it in 2nd at like 2000rpm at just punch it. i'm looking in my mirror and he can't even pull on me....i'm just like wow...thats pretty sad...i'm in a low rpm and he's in the power and he can't pull on me...

he gets behind me since he couldn't pass and by this time its a one lane. i'm in 3rd and once again i hear his car roar, i look in my mirror and see his front end lift up again, so i floor it again to see what happens....i floor it to the middle of 3rd and look in my mirror and i'm farther away from him then i was before!!!...i let off and shift from 3rd to 5th and i can still hear his car trying to get right behind me....once again i'm like...*****...

......and then i said.....I LOVE THIS INTAKE MANIFOLD!!!

....remind you that a 2004 eclipse gts (v6) is 220hp stock....and a 1996 328is is 192hp stock....both weigh the same...
Ads by Google
Old 08-13-2007, 11:05 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1996 bmw 328is
nice kill. impressive. I was kinda under the impression that it would have been much closer. arent those 6 spds too?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Clarion Head Unit : Sirius Satelite Radio : K&N Cold Air Intake : Carr Industries Short Shifter
Dinan Stage II Software : 10w 30 Royal Purple : Zimmerman Rotors : Hawk Performance Pads : Staggard M3 Wheels
Old 08-14-2007, 12:01 AM
Smoke tires, not drugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounzing_soulz View Post
nice kill. impressive. I was kinda under the impression that it would have been much closer. arent those 6 spds too?
98% sure they are 5spd
Old 08-14-2007, 01:22 AM
Still here

Send a message via MSN to Pirate_copy
Mein Auto: M3
nice

Edirty6 for life
Old 08-14-2007, 02:40 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to xxvr6corradoxx
Mein Auto: E36 325 , E46 323,VW MK4
nice runs man... wat kind of intake manifold do u have ??? i got a 92 325i automatic and ive taken alot of cars and i know this might sound crazy but ive even taked wrx and srt4 =) i have witness and just be4 summer hit i kept up with a evo 8 idk y or how i know he was gunning it cause i was next 2 him in high rev 2nd gear and i heard him downshift and he took of i shifted to 3rd gear and yea it took me a little bit but i caught up 2 him ... we got of at the same exit hes like wtf u got in that thing im like nothing but an intake and its automatic dud turns his head around and closes the window ehehehehehehehhe i loved it
Old 08-14-2007, 03:04 AM
Still here

He has got the M50 intake buddy

http://www.emotors.ca/articles/40.aspx

More power above 5k rpm but you lose low end torque

Edirty6 for life
Old 08-14-2007, 09:21 AM
Smoke tires, not drugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate_copy View Post
He has got the M50 intake buddy

http://www.emotors.ca/articles/40.aspx

More power above 5k rpm but you lose low end torque
honestly you don't really lose it in the low end really...maybe like...5hp at the max
Old 08-14-2007, 09:24 AM
Smoke tires, not drugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxvr6corradoxx View Post
nice runs man... wat kind of intake manifold do u have ??? i got a 92 325i automatic and ive taken alot of cars and i know this might sound crazy but ive even taked wrx and srt4 =) i have witness and just be4 summer hit i kept up with a evo 8 idk y or how i know he was gunning it cause i was next 2 him in high rev 2nd gear and i heard him downshift and he took of i shifted to 3rd gear and yea it took me a little bit but i caught up 2 him ... we got of at the same exit hes like wtf u got in that thing im like nothing but an intake and its automatic dud turns his head around and closes the window ehehehehehehehhe i loved it
i raced both a wrx and beet that thing pretty bad, and then i ran a wrx sti on the highway and we were right next to eachother (still don't know how but we were both definetly going at it), without the intake manifold i raced a s4 and we were both right next to eachother and then in 4th gear i pulled away from him about a car legnth, and NONE of the srt-4's are stock by me so i don't even mess with them...
Old 08-14-2007, 09:24 AM
Protect your (lug) nuts

Mein Auto: '97 BMW 328i
WTF. This isnt kill stories. Go to bimmerforums kill section for this immature crap.

-- Henry David Thoreau
Old 08-14-2007, 09:40 AM
Smoke tires, not drugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornado View Post
WTF. This isnt kill stories. Go to bimmerforums kill section for this immature crap.
calm down dude...it's just a story...
Old 08-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Still here

i was talking about torque buddy, not bhp....

Edirty6 for life
Old 08-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Smoke tires, not drugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate_copy View Post
i was talking about torque buddy, not bhp....
oohh..my bad pirate...must have read it wrong...
Old 08-14-2007, 11:58 AM
Still here

Edirty6 for life