Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 08-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Vornado's Avatar
Vornado Vornado is offline
Protect your (lug) nuts
Location: N. Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,576
Mein Auto: Hot air balloon
You're right about that, on lookers. I'm not serious. But its fun when some assume that I am.

(In reply to toothbrush)
__________________
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

-- Henry David Thoreau
  #52  
Old 08-14-2007, 01:15 PM
99dsm 99dsm is offline
DSM Lover
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: 99 DSM
Hi i am here from the same site that Lunar and SCR came from(Team 2G). I as well of all of you share the pasion for BMWs. I have driven a 2003 Bimmer 335i and i must say it was a NICE ride. But comparing a bimmer to a dsm just on performance i would sitck with my dsm. As my other fellow dsmrs have said, it is prove that a 4g63 long block can make and hold up to 400hp on stock internals. My self i am at 340 horses on a holset turbo and bad fuel system. If i had a better tuning device and a better FPR i could have easily made close to 400 to the wheels. So call it a POS then, but i have spent about a third of the cost of a BMW and i am making twice as much power on a POS dsm.
  #53  
Old 08-14-2007, 01:20 PM
ianiac's Avatar
ianiac ianiac is offline
<-NIKi
Location: Chicago
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,875
Send a message via AIM to ianiac Send a message via Yahoo to ianiac
Mein Auto: E36 M3
Wow its an invasion.

Yes we know they can be faster.

But modify an M3.. then have the two have a go at it.
  #54  
Old 08-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Vornado's Avatar
Vornado Vornado is offline
Protect your (lug) nuts
Location: N. Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,576
Mein Auto: Hot air balloon
Well more power to you if thats what you like thats fine. BTW, the 335i started production in 2006 (2007 model), it was probably a 330i (E46) that you drove.

There are some of us who do like to mod quite a bit. Being a realist, I have no use for such power in stop-and-go traffic, so it doesn't really appeal to me for what I use my car for. Plus a modded eclipse (despite being good for what it is) is sadly portrayed as a ricer icon. You can thank all the boy racers with loud fart cans for that stereotype, even though it may not apply to you directly. Almost anything can be made to go fast. Really, thats not whats important. To each their own, however.
__________________
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

-- Henry David Thoreau
  #55  
Old 08-14-2007, 01:24 PM
tsg59_steve tsg59_steve is offline
Registered User
Location: IL
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14
Mein Auto: 95 Eclipse GST
How about our fastest versus your fastest, no rules, except no motor swaps :P



Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornado
There are some of us who do like to mod quite a bit. Being a realist, I have no use for such power in stop-and-go traffic, so it doesn't really appeal to me for what I use my car for. Almost anything can be made to go fast. Really, thats not whats important. To each their own, however.
Makes sense. That's what I loved about the beamer I drove. It'd be an AWESOME and comfortable commuter. (I couldn't afford to mod one any way, lol)

Last edited by tsg59_steve; 08-14-2007 at 01:26 PM.
  #56  
Old 08-14-2007, 01:29 PM
Lanc3r Lanc3r is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsg59_steve View Post
How about our fastest versus your fastest, no rules, except no motor swaps :P

No motor swaps huh? That thing was RWD, hence no similarity to a DSM.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=turbo+BMW
  #57  
Old 08-14-2007, 01:29 PM
ianiac's Avatar
ianiac ianiac is offline
<-NIKi
Location: Chicago
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,875
Send a message via AIM to ianiac Send a message via Yahoo to ianiac
Mein Auto: E36 M3
[QUOTE=tsg59_steve;2574501]How about our fastest versus your fastest, no rules, except no motor swaps :P

I dont even think ppl mod bmw's enough to beat that..
  #58  
Old 08-14-2007, 01:31 PM
99dsm 99dsm is offline
DSM Lover
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: 99 DSM
No is not an invasion. Like i said i have a pasion for cars as most of us. I am here to lear about the BMWs and gain knowledge. Because i do want to own some day one of this cars. That is all so dont think i am here just to pash on this car cuz i am not.
  #59  
Old 08-14-2007, 01:32 PM
BioHazard BioHazard is offline
Registered User
Location: Birmingham
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 8
Mein Auto: 1995 Eclipse
Hello, Ladies and Gentlemen.
I'm also from Team-2g. I'm not here looking for a fight, or to cause any kind of trouble. I just wanted to post something here defending all of us. We are all automotive enthusiasts, whether it be BMW or DSM. Each of us has his or her own tastes as to what we want to do with our cars. We all have our hang ups when it comes to the way we treat our cars. But at the end of the day, we all still love the same thing. The car we drive. That is all that matters.
  #60  
Old 08-14-2007, 01:33 PM
Vornado's Avatar
Vornado Vornado is offline
Protect your (lug) nuts
Location: N. Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,576
Mein Auto: Hot air balloon
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsg59_steve View Post
Makes sense. That's what I loved about the beamer I drove. It'd be an AWESOME and comfortable commuter. (I couldn't afford to mod one any way, lol)
They're really not that expensive for a decent used one. People think "oh you've got a bimmer you spoiled bitch," when you can get one (used) for less than a used Tahoe. Expensive to mod, yes, unfortunately. BUT, they're usually fun enough to drive even stock.
__________________
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

-- Henry David Thoreau
  #61  
Old 08-14-2007, 01:34 PM
tsg59_steve tsg59_steve is offline
Registered User
Location: IL
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14
Mein Auto: 95 Eclipse GST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanc3r View Post
No motor swaps huh? That thing was RWD, hence no similarity to a DSM.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=turbo+BMW
It didn't have a motor swap... fine, here:



Hahaha, and I'm totally kidding btw. But John Shepard (second vid) had his car streetable up a little after he broke into the 8's. There's another guy coming right up on his heels now. Ran a 9.27 just a little while ago.
  #62  
Old 08-14-2007, 01:35 PM
99dsm 99dsm is offline
DSM Lover
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: 99 DSM
Just look at it this way is there any true 5 speed car that can beat Jhon Shep 7 sec talon. I am at work so i can't really post any vids, but i am sure there is plenty of them on the youtube.
  #63  
Old 08-14-2007, 01:35 PM
Pirate_copy's Avatar
Pirate_copy Pirate_copy is offline
Still here
Location: Devon, UK
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 12,180
Send a message via MSN to Pirate_copy
Mein Auto: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioHazard View Post
Hello, Ladies and Gentlemen.
I'm also from Team-2g. I'm not here looking for a fight, or to cause any kind of trouble. I just wanted to post something here defending all of us. We are all automotive enthusiasts, whether it be BMW or DSM. Each of us has his or her own tastes as to what we want to do with our cars. We all have our hang ups when it comes to the way we treat our cars. But at the end of the day, we all still love the same thing. The car we drive. That is all that matters.
Amen

Welcome buddy
__________________
330i M-Sport in Topaz Blue

Edirty6 for life
  #64  
Old 08-14-2007, 01:37 PM
Lanc3r Lanc3r is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsg59_steve View Post
It didn't have a motor swap... fine, here:



Hahaha, and I'm totally kidding btw. But John Shepard (second vid) had his car streetable up a little after he broke into the 8's. There's another guy coming right up on his heels now. Ran a 9.27 just a little while ago.
  #65  
Old 08-14-2007, 01:44 PM
99dsm 99dsm is offline
DSM Lover
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: 99 DSM
Thanks Steve you beat me to it about Shep's car.
  #66  
Old 08-14-2007, 01:50 PM
Vornado's Avatar
Vornado Vornado is offline
Protect your (lug) nuts
Location: N. Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,576
Mein Auto: Hot air balloon
Damn, thats fast shiznit.
__________________
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

-- Henry David Thoreau
  #67  
Old 08-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Pirate_copy's Avatar
Pirate_copy Pirate_copy is offline
Still here
Location: Devon, UK
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 12,180
Send a message via MSN to Pirate_copy
Mein Auto: M3
Sh1t thats fast!!
__________________
330i M-Sport in Topaz Blue

Edirty6 for life
  #68  
Old 08-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Vornado's Avatar
Vornado Vornado is offline
Protect your (lug) nuts
Location: N. Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,576
Mein Auto: Hot air balloon
Heres another fun racing video:

Chevy trailblazer vs Corvette Z06

Who do you think would win??

__________________
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

-- Henry David Thoreau
  #69  
Old 08-14-2007, 02:02 PM
LUNARFX LUNARFX is offline
Registered User
Location: Everywhere VISA is accepted.
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: '99 Eclipse GST
Can't we all just get along? Seriously though. Seems like the ones who are continuing to post here, are people who really do have a passion for both DSM and BMW camps.

Like aforementioned, BMW's have the stereotype of rich yuppies and stick their noses at the newspaper boy, where the DSM's have the stereotype of the Fast and the Fabulous and all the rice(EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE BUILT AND ASSEMBLED HERE IN NORMAL, IL USA). Given you all have little knowledge of our scene, at least a handful of us from Team 2G have come on board to try and learn about your BMW's without passing horrible judgement.

I can't speak for the animosity for the members of Team 2G nor the people in this BMW thread, but when it all comes down to it, we all have the same hobby with just different platforms. So stay true to your passion, but don't be ignorant to others as well.
__________________



I'm a trend setter, not a trend follower. I don't follow other footsteps. I create my own and lead the path for others to follow me.
  #70  
Old 08-14-2007, 02:05 PM
99dsm 99dsm is offline
DSM Lover
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: 99 DSM
^^Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornado View Post
Damn, thats fast shiznit.
And thank you. Shep FTW
  #71  
Old 08-14-2007, 02:11 PM
Vornado's Avatar
Vornado Vornado is offline
Protect your (lug) nuts
Location: N. Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,576
Mein Auto: Hot air balloon
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUNARFX View Post
Can't we all just get along? Seriously though. Seems like the ones who are continuing to post here, are people who really do have a passion for both DSM and BMW camps.

Like aforementioned, BMW's have the stereotype of rich yuppies and stick their noses at the newspaper boy, where the DSM's have the stereotype of the Fast and the Fabulous and all the rice(EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE BUILT AND ASSEMBLED HERE IN NORMAL, IL USA). Given you all have little knowledge of our scene, at least a handful of us from Team 2G have come on board to try and learn about your BMW's without passing horrible judgement.

I can't speak for the animosity for the members of Team 2G nor the people in this BMW thread, but when it all comes down to it, we all have the same hobby with just different platforms. So stay true to your passion, but don't be ignorant to others as well.
Well said. Thanks for your input.
__________________
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

-- Henry David Thoreau
  #72  
Old 08-14-2007, 02:14 PM
tsg59_steve tsg59_steve is offline
Registered User
Location: IL
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14
Mein Auto: 95 Eclipse GST
I'm sure you'll love this one, lol, I'm sure most of you have probably seen it.



Hahahaha, all I've got to say is that kid got what was coming to him.

Edit: oh that makes me shiver everytime...
  #73  
Old 08-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Pirate_copy's Avatar
Pirate_copy Pirate_copy is offline
Still here
Location: Devon, UK
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 12,180
Send a message via MSN to Pirate_copy
Mein Auto: M3
I second that

I respect anyone who has a passion for cars, be it a BMW, DSM or Lada. As long as you have petrol running through your veins then you are welcome here
__________________
330i M-Sport in Topaz Blue

Edirty6 for life
  #74  
Old 08-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Vornado's Avatar
Vornado Vornado is offline
Protect your (lug) nuts
Location: N. Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,576
Mein Auto: Hot air balloon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate_copy View Post
I second that

I respect anyone who has a passion for cars, be it a BMW, DSM or Lada. As long as you have petrol running through your veins then you are welcome here
What if I have mustard running through my veins?
__________________
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

-- Henry David Thoreau
  #75  
Old 08-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Pirate_copy's Avatar
Pirate_copy Pirate_copy is offline
Still here
Location: Devon, UK
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 12,180
Send a message via MSN to Pirate_copy
Mein Auto: M3
You are 73.2% welcome buddy
__________________
330i M-Sport in Topaz Blue

Edirty6 for life
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms