Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 08-26-2007, 12:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 328xdrive
help please with electrical problem

I have a 2007 x3. I noticed today that the front and rear lighter recepticles do not work. I have tried them both with multiple devices with no success. I have not tried to use the rear AUX input, but everything else seems to be working just fine.

I hate to bring the car in for service if it is something simple, but in looking at the fuse box, i can't seem to figure out which fuse controls teh lighters.

Can someone help or office any suggestions?

Best regards, Allan Wohl
Ads by Google
Old 08-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Allan - My US-spec 07 3.0Si has (I believe) this fuse in position 47. Open the glove box. Loosen the two retaining levers, drop the fuse box. Pull the card out and check the fuse in position 47 (20 A) against the icon/pictograph of a "12V outlet" -- note this is similar/same as the symbol on the 12V outlet in the rear of the vehicle. Use the puller located in the centre of the fuse box and remove fuse 47, check against a light for a blown element, or check with a multimeter (you should have continuity if the fuse is ok.)

Note: If the above makes no sense, I would take your car to a dealer. If it is indeed a fuse, it will be an easy warranty item. If it is something else, you'll be in the right place.

Good luck.

- J.C. Watts Jr.

Last edited by MMME30W; 08-26-2007 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

PS Whereabouts in S'ton are you? I used to get my chinese food at the Panda Takeaway on the Square in Wickham.

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:31 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 328xdrive
First off, thank you so much for your instructions. The problem was indeed a blown fuse, which was quite evident after comparing it to the others. Replacing it with one of the extras that BMW provides in the fuse box corrected the issue and now everything works perfectly again. I am curious as to why the thing blew in the first place of course. I hadn't used the car for a week, while i was on vacation, and i noticed the issue the first time i turned the car on. Oh well.......

With regards to my location, i suspect you think that I am in the UK, which i am not, I live in Pennsylvania. People commonly confuse the two locations........

Thanks again!!
Old 08-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by docal97 View Post
First off, thank you so much for your instructions. The problem was indeed a blown fuse, which was quite evident after comparing it to the others. Replacing it with one of the extras that BMW provides in the fuse box corrected the issue and now everything works perfectly again. I am curious as to why the thing blew in the first place of course. I hadn't used the car for a week, while i was on vacation, and i noticed the issue the first time i turned the car on. Oh well.......

With regards to my location, i suspect you think that I am in the UK, which i am not, I live in Pennsylvania. People commonly confuse the two locations........

Thanks again!!

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:35 PM
Tar Heel Faithful

Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2006 325i sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by docal97 View Post

Thanks again!!
ooOO what model X3 do you have? The petrol or diesel?