Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 09-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Turn Burglar

Mein Auto: Red Assless Chaps
Parking ligt "delete"

*Edit* Parking Light Delete

I managed to mod my corner lights so that they only function as turn signals and do not illuminate when the headlights/foglights are on. The finished product looks very european and clean. I'm happy with it. I have a few pics if anyone's interested.

Last edited by PhilipWOT; 09-01-2007 at 10:10 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 09-01-2007, 09:54 PM
I Am The Machine

Mein Auto: Dreier, Fünfer & Siebener
Cool, glad you like it. Personally, I think the car just looks like the bulb is out if the parking lights aren't on with the headlights, but, um, whatever floats your boat.

To upload, just create a photobucket, slap em there, and link here. Makes like much easier for us and we don't have to click something to see it, then close the new window that opens. Also, make sure the setting are for 1028px width max, any bigger is annoying

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKlim View Post
You're a derbanana
Old 09-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Turn Burglar

thanks phantom
Old 09-02-2007, 03:07 AM
Monacoblau mit beige

Mein Auto: '07 E92 330i Manual
Woah, so you're saying that even on Bimmers in the US the corner indicators are constantly on with the headlights?? What is the deal with that?? Don't some cars have red indicator lights at the rear in the US as well? That's a bit weird.....

18" alloys - Sport seats - "Professional" Navigation - Bluetooth - DAB tuner - Extended interior light package - PDC
Heated front seats - Beige Dakota leather - Dark grey poplar trim - Anthracite headliner - Advanced loudspeaker system

Old 09-02-2007, 04:34 AM
BMW FETISH!!!

Send a message via MSN to DominguesE30
Mein Auto: `97 BMW 318is
That Sucks!

Beeeeeeeee Eeeeem Double-YOU!!!!
Old 09-02-2007, 09:55 AM
Turn Burglar

Quote:
Originally Posted by B/\/\W View Post
Woah, so you're saying that even on Bimmers in the US the corner indicators are constantly on with the headlights?? What is the deal with that?? Don't some cars have red indicator lights at the rear in the US as well? That's a bit weird.....

In the US, cars' corner lights stay constantly on with the headlights at a low, dim glow. They glow brighter when you activate the turn indicator. Aout 90% of cars in America have yellow or amber turn indicators in the rear, but there a few with red. It is wierd. So before I mod'ed my lights the amber corner lights would have been glowing in both of the above pictures. It was a very easy mod- it required only 2 minutes of my time and 2 small pieces of electrical tape.

B/V\W- I will take a few pics of the lights on the normal way tonight, so you can see what I'm talking about.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Monacoblau mit beige

Mein Auto: '07 E92 330i Manual
Cheers Philip, I thought it was something like that from what I've seen in the movies! It will be interesting to see some pics.

18" alloys - Sport seats - "Professional" Navigation - Bluetooth - DAB tuner - Extended interior light package - PDC
Heated front seats - Beige Dakota leather - Dark grey poplar trim - Anthracite headliner - Advanced loudspeaker system