Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 08-28-2007, 09:40 PM

Mein Auto: m coupe & m3
Does anyone know how many m3's or m-coupes were produced in pheonix yellow and how do you get this info.

2002-mcoupe
1988 16v Scirocco
Old 08-29-2007, 02:36 PM
It's not all that bad...

Mein Auto: 01 M coupe, 05 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy321 View Post
Does anyone know how many m3's or m-coupes were produced in pheonix yellow and how do you get this info.
BMW does not release this information. However, I am told by a very reliable source that there were 21 Phoenix Yellow E36/8 M-coupes built for North America. And 4 of those went to Canada. So I like to think that I have one of only 17 Phoenix Yellow M-coupes in the US.

That's less than one per state! Think about it

Old 08-29-2007, 10:20 PM

Mein Auto: m coupe & m3
With that stat.
You my as well call it an exotic car.

2002-mcoupe
1988 16v Scirocco
Old 08-31-2007, 07:50 PM

Mein Auto: '04 M3
Definitely

I have an '04 M3 Imola Red convertible with grey leather interior. I highly recommend the grey interior as it 1)looks awesome and 2)stays cool (top down). The Imola red is a nice deep color that looks almost burgundy in some light.

I have only been pulled over by a policeman once in almost a year owning the car. It was just for expired tags (which were in the glove box). I put them on and then he (generously) offered to run a traffic break to help me merge with traffic. I said, "thank you officer, but I didn't buy a car with 333 HP to need help merging". He smiled and tried to keep up with me as I rapidly accelerated to merge with traffic. I was careful to back off at 68 miles an hour. He proceeded to pass me and just kept going. That was on the 73 freeway in O.C.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:49 AM

Mein Auto: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurichan View Post
Both are factors.

Insurance records and anecdotes from cops show pretty clearly that certain colors get pulled over more often.

One of those colors is red.

Accident rates for silver cars is very high.
one needs to be a bit careful about car colors, police attention and accidents. Silver cars are involved in lots of accidents, but many are on the receiving end, i.e., they got hit. And part of the reason they were hit is that they are difficult to see, particularly in the early AM when they can blend right into the pavement.

Brighter color cars are easier to see (school buses are yellow for a reason) and are potentially more prone to being pulled over. But that same visibility is a HUGE advantage in low light situations when being seen is really important. There are lots of drivers out there who no longer have 18 year old eyes (I am one of them). It is so much easier to see yellow cars that I wonder why people would drive any other color. I have owned one black car in my life (for three years) and was almost hit more times in that car than in all other cars combined over my 45 years or so of driving. I became a much more defensive driver because of that car and vowed never to own another car unless it is yellow, bright red or bright blue.

IR is not as good as PY, but better than black.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:50 PM
I'm A Badfish!

Send a message via AIM to CrazyFool Send a message via Yahoo to CrazyFool
Mein Auto: M3/R1
White is sex, but I love my Imola Red M3

///M3 Carbon Black - SMG - Cinnamon
R1 2007
- Raven
Old 09-26-2007, 06:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 335i
I have a Carbon Black M3. I love the color. When I set out on my M3 expedition I wanted a Red/Red car. Found one but fell in love with the Carbon Blk/Black. PY is a really good looking color as well, never found one.

I've been eyeing a new white M5. White has really been getting me lately.
'03 325Ci Sterling/Black
00 540i/6 Cosmos/Black [Totalled - Flooded ]
'72 Bavaria
Old 09-27-2007, 07:40 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '07 Z4MC '00 Z3C
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyofspeed View Post
What do you think about Cinnamon interior...What do you think about Imora Red on Cinnamon?
I like the Cinnamon interior, but only with Jet Black - that's just me. I've seen Imola/Imola cars, and that is a hot combination (especially the cabrio). I've three Porsches in Guards Red, so I'm sort of burnt out on red cars myself, but I think BMW's Imola Red is a great-looking shade.