Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series DIY

7 Series DIY
Do It Yourself forum dedicated for 7 Series BMW Owners

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 10-19-2007, 11:51 AM
sunstorm's Avatar
sunstorm sunstorm is offline
Be My Wife.
Location: London. UK
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 356
Send a message via MSN to sunstorm
Mein Auto: BMW, only BMW.
after
__________________
E38 X2 had. E39 X5 had. E46 X1 had. E65 X2 had. E71 X1 now. E84 X1 now. E90 LCI now. VW JETTA X2 had.
LOTUS ELISE SPORT X1 had. NISSAN BLUEBIRD U12 X1 had.
LEXUS SOARER 2.5T/T X1 had. CADI SRX X1 had.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 10-19-2007, 11:52 AM
sunstorm's Avatar
sunstorm sunstorm is offline
Be My Wife.
Location: London. UK
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 356
Send a message via MSN to sunstorm
Mein Auto: BMW, only BMW.
COINS may not include...
__________________
E38 X2 had. E39 X5 had. E46 X1 had. E65 X2 had. E71 X1 now. E84 X1 now. E90 LCI now. VW JETTA X2 had.
LOTUS ELISE SPORT X1 had. NISSAN BLUEBIRD U12 X1 had.
LEXUS SOARER 2.5T/T X1 had. CADI SRX X1 had.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 10-19-2007, 02:09 PM
bimmer1904's Avatar
bimmer1904 bimmer1904 is offline
Certified Enthusiast
Location: San Diego, CA
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 576
Mein Auto: E65 E30
nice pics sunstorm
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 10-19-2007, 02:47 PM
tkasser's Avatar
tkasser tkasser is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: King of Prussia, Pa
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 180
Mein Auto: M3, 750i, 325iC, 323i
I'm glad to have an aux input over a change holder.
__________________
Tony K

2007 750i
2000 323i
1995 M3
1991 325iC
2006 MINI Cooper
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 10-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Stefan7 Stefan7 is offline
Registered User
Location: London
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 38
Mein Auto: 730D
I have more money in my change holder !!!

Leave the car in DRIVE and get out, the car goes into PARK on it own ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 10-20-2007, 05:44 AM
sunstorm's Avatar
sunstorm sunstorm is offline
Be My Wife.
Location: London. UK
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 356
Send a message via MSN to sunstorm
Mein Auto: BMW, only BMW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan7 View Post
I have more money in my change holder !!!

Leave the car in DRIVE and get out, the car goes into PARK on it own ;-)
In fact, i wish i can try this one, but my fiancee told me unless i'm going to crash it....
__________________
E38 X2 had. E39 X5 had. E46 X1 had. E65 X2 had. E71 X1 now. E84 X1 now. E90 LCI now. VW JETTA X2 had.
LOTUS ELISE SPORT X1 had. NISSAN BLUEBIRD U12 X1 had.
LEXUS SOARER 2.5T/T X1 had. CADI SRX X1 had.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 10-20-2007, 09:44 AM
AUD1's Avatar
AUD1 AUD1 is offline
Welcome to the Darkside
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 126
Mein Auto: e65 MY03, H2 MY05
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer1904 View Post
oh... do you know about this little trick: when you park your car, with your foot on the brake, hold the start/stop button for a couple of seconds. that will put the car in park, shut it off and eject the key all at the same time.

member JKB posted this....he has the 750 so it might be new......i havent tried it yet, but i will when i get home from work, i have an 04' 745 so well see...
Actually, if you use the "Auto Park" feature, by holding down the start/stop button, it will switch from auto park to the parking break, put the car in park, switch off the car and eject the key fob. But the Auto Park Feature needs to be on and in use.
__________________

__________________________________________________ ________
"Without rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other." - Red Foreman
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 10-20-2007, 04:58 PM
SignHere's Avatar
SignHere SignHere is offline
Registered Abuser
Location: Austin, TX
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 547
Mein Auto: 2011 550i Gran Turismo
You know it always surprises me how many BMW owners don't know that they can roll down the windows and open the sunroof by holding down the arrow key on the remote. And roll them up by inserting the valet key in the driver's door and holding it in the lock position.

Did you know that by programming the key memory you can have the car remember your Recirculated Air choice?
__________________
Supreme Omnipotent Bobohead-Currently seeking time off for good behavior!
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 10-20-2007, 05:40 PM
sunstorm's Avatar
sunstorm sunstorm is offline
Be My Wife.
Location: London. UK
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 356
Send a message via MSN to sunstorm
Mein Auto: BMW, only BMW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SignHere View Post
You know it always surprises me how many BMW owners don't know that they can roll down the windows and open the sunroof by holding down the arrow key on the remote. And roll them up by inserting the valet key in the driver's door and holding it in the lock position.

Did you know that by programming the key memory you can have the car remember your ?
Yeah, trying to turn the Recirculated Air choice off when i put-in the key, but no way to do it...
__________________
E38 X2 had. E39 X5 had. E46 X1 had. E65 X2 had. E71 X1 now. E84 X1 now. E90 LCI now. VW JETTA X2 had.
LOTUS ELISE SPORT X1 had. NISSAN BLUEBIRD U12 X1 had.
LEXUS SOARER 2.5T/T X1 had. CADI SRX X1 had.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 10-20-2007, 09:25 PM
asci01's Avatar
asci01 asci01 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: FL
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 630
Mein Auto: 10 750i
Activating iDrive Service mode

1. From the main screen, press and hold the iDrive knob for 10 seconds, until the knob graphic on your screen changes
2. Turn the iDrive knob three clicks clockwise
3. Turn the iDrive knob three clicks counterclockwise
4. Turn the iDrive knob one click clockwise
5. Turn the iDrive knob one click counterclockwise
6. Turn the iDrive knob one click clockwise
7. Press the iDrive knob down and release

You can check your Nav OS version to make sure you have the lastest by selecting "MOST Devices", then Navigation and then scrolling down until you see "Software version"

You can also turn "RDS on" on your radio.

Enjoy
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 10-20-2007, 09:29 PM
BmW745On19's's Avatar
BmW745On19's BmW745On19's is offline
Go Gators
Location: Tampa, Florida
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,337
Send a message via AIM to BmW745On19's
Mein Auto: 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SignHere View Post
You know it always surprises me how many BMW owners don't know that they can roll down the windows and open the sunroof by holding down the arrow key on the remote. And roll them up by inserting the valet key in the driver's door and holding it in the lock position.

Did you know that by programming the key memory you can have the car remember your Recirculated Air choice?
You could do that on 7 series since the 80's. I remember because we had a 750.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 10-21-2007, 08:14 AM
momo_oo[][]oo's Avatar
momo_oo[][]oo momo_oo[][]oo is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: ca
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,995
Mein Auto: M35
Quote:
Originally Posted by asci01 View Post
1. From the main screen, press and hold the iDrive knob for 10 seconds, until the knob graphic on your screen changes
2. Turn the iDrive knob three clicks clockwise
3. Turn the iDrive knob three clicks counterclockwise
4. Turn the iDrive knob one click clockwise
5. Turn the iDrive knob one click counterclockwise
6. Turn the iDrive knob one click clockwise
7. Press the iDrive knob down and release

You can check your Nav OS version to make sure you have the lastest by selecting "MOST Devices", then Navigation and then scrolling down until you see "Software version"

You can also turn "RDS on" on your radio.

Enjoy
I have done that and i couldnt see the version things , It swed me or the components , Amp , Navi, Telefone. the wiered part is that one of the devices in the list it says Waiting? is that means that there is somthing malfunctioning ? a device not recognzed?
__________________
03 GSX-R 1000
06 Infiniti M35
00 E46 323I SOLD
08 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo SOLD
08 E60 535I LEASE OVER
02 E66 745LI LEMON
98 E39 528I SOLD
91 E30 316I SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 10-21-2007, 12:36 PM
andynolife's Avatar
andynolife andynolife is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Vancouver BC Canada
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 291
Mein Auto: 745i Sport
i guess it's normal i have the waiting one too
but what i dun understand is the Navi versoin
i upgraded to V29.1 several mons ago
but i dun reconize any of the version numbers in the hidden menu
definitely nthing abt 29.1
__________________
2012 535i xDrive ///M Sport
|M Sport PKG|Executive|Technology PKG|BMW APPS|Comfort Access|

2004 745i Sport
|Executive|Sport|ComfortSeats|21" OEM Style 128|MTec V3 AngelEye /w matching foglights|WALD Front Lip|Customized Exhuast|ACS Side Skirts| ACS Rear Ground Effect | ACS RoofSpoiler|Tinted|OEM 760 Grill|BTUM-CPT9000|OEM MY2005 Dynamic Headlights
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 10-21-2007, 02:51 PM
tbal69 tbal69 is offline
Banned
Location: Vancouver, BC
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,928
Send a message via MSN to tbal69
Mein Auto: Qrtr27
try this, turn key to postion 2, tap idrive back back front right left left, then gas, brake, left signal, hazards, lock and unlock doors, recline seat all the way back, vol max.... that will realease hidden 25hp.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 10-21-2007, 02:51 PM
seehack seehack is offline
Registered User
Location: CA
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 62
Mein Auto: 2006 750i
I just did and read my SW versions. Seems like OS is not listed or stored as it just FF FF FF ..

My car was built Jul 2006 and the components date between Jun and Jul 2006. Here are the SW versions,

MMI (assume it is the iDrive) 6.9D.B Hex
NAV 9.3.C Hex
TEL 9.6.5 Hex

Looks like checksum rather than version #.

Anyone understand these? I am interested what SW version is in my car and whats the latest version #.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 10-21-2007, 03:57 PM
asci01's Avatar
asci01 asci01 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: FL
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 630
Mein Auto: 10 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by andynolife View Post
i guess it's normal i have the waiting one too
but what i dun understand is the Navi versoin
i upgraded to V29.1 several mons ago
but i dun reconize any of the version numbers in the hidden menu
definitely nthing abt 29.1
This is what I have been able to gathered from the confusing software versions and GPS types.

V29.1 is the Navigation disk version which contains the Navigation OS software version 9.4.0A for all NAVI03 DVD-based GPS for E65/66 from 03/05 forward. The latest version is 9.6.04 contained in disk V30 released last month.

For those with NAVI02 DVD-based GPS (newer '03 E65/66 and newer models until 02/05) the latest version is 8.4.4

For those with NAVI01 CD-based GPS ('02 and early '03 E65/66), the lastest version is 7.3.2

Basically, if your software version starts with 7, you have a NAVI01 GPS. If it starts with 8, you have a NAVI02. If it starts with 9, then you have the latest DVD-based GPS computer.

E65/66 did not come with the MK type GPS, only the NAVI type.

Last edited by asci01; 10-21-2007 at 04:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 10-21-2007, 04:08 PM
asci01's Avatar
asci01 asci01 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: FL
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 630
Mein Auto: 10 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by seehack View Post
I just did and read my SW versions. Seems like OS is not listed or stored as it just FF FF FF ..

My car was built Jul 2006 and the components date between Jun and Jul 2006. Here are the SW versions,

MMI (assume it is the iDrive) 6.9D.B Hex
NAV 9.3.C Hex
TEL 9.6.5 Hex

Looks like checksum rather than version #.

Anyone understand these? I am interested what SW version is in my car and whats the latest version #.

Thanks.
Based on your Nav version, looks like you need an update to 9.6.04
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 10-21-2007, 04:27 PM
asci01's Avatar
asci01 asci01 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: FL
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 630
Mein Auto: 10 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by momo1978mohi View Post
I have done that and i couldnt see the version things , It swed me or the components , Amp , Navi, Telefone. the wiered part is that one of the devices in the list it says Waiting? is that means that there is somthing malfunctioning ? a device not recognzed?
Click on Navigation and then start scrolling down until you see the navi version.

Don't worry about the "waiting..." thing.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 10-21-2007, 06:37 PM
seehack seehack is offline
Registered User
Location: CA
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 62
Mein Auto: 2006 750i
Thanks ASCI01. Any idea what new features come with 9.6.04? Do I need to pay for it if still under warranty? Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 10-21-2007, 07:07 PM
asci01's Avatar
asci01 asci01 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: FL
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 630
Mein Auto: 10 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by seehack View Post
Thanks ASCI01. Any idea what new features come with 9.6.04? Do I need to pay for it if still under warranty? Thanks.
Don't know what new features, if any, in 9.6.04 since it just came out, but as long as your car is under warranty, updates are free.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 10-21-2007, 07:07 PM
sunny_j's Avatar
sunny_j sunny_j is offline
bmw addiction
Location: Vancouver Britsh Columbia Canada
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,734
Mein Auto: X5d
ok so what verson would i need to get the dvd to play on the front screen when the emergency brake is on? like the euro cars????
__________________

2012 X5d | White on Black | Fully Loaded | Sport Package
Black Trim Painted White

-2009 E320 Diesel | White on Black | H&R Springs | Kleemann KD-Box | 20" Monarch Hamburg Rims
Black Roof | E63 Rear Lip | Hood Emblem Delete | Foglight Chrome Trim Delete Gone


-2003 760LI Titanium Gray Metallic | Every option | H&R Springs upfront , via computer in rear
OEM Style 128 21" wheels | 40% tint | AIB Angel Eye's w/ matching foglights Gone
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 10-21-2007, 07:12 PM
asci01's Avatar
asci01 asci01 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: FL
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 630
Mein Auto: 10 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_j View Post
ok so what verson would i need to get the dvd to play on the front screen when the emergency brake is on? like the euro cars????
Don't know, but it may require more than just a software update.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 10-21-2007, 07:15 PM
sunny_j's Avatar
sunny_j sunny_j is offline
bmw addiction
Location: Vancouver Britsh Columbia Canada
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,734
Mein Auto: X5d
any idea's what more would be required
__________________

2012 X5d | White on Black | Fully Loaded | Sport Package
Black Trim Painted White

-2009 E320 Diesel | White on Black | H&R Springs | Kleemann KD-Box | 20" Monarch Hamburg Rims
Black Roof | E63 Rear Lip | Hood Emblem Delete | Foglight Chrome Trim Delete Gone


-2003 760LI Titanium Gray Metallic | Every option | H&R Springs upfront , via computer in rear
OEM Style 128 21" wheels | 40% tint | AIB Angel Eye's w/ matching foglights Gone
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 10-21-2007, 07:23 PM
jdo jdo is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: mo
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 101
Mein Auto: 745Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbal69 View Post
try this, turn key to postion 2, tap idrive back back front right left left, then gas, brake, left signal, hazards, lock and unlock doors, recline seat all the way back, vol max.... that will realease hidden 25hp.
i thought to get the extra 25 hp it was up, down, up, down, left, right, left, right, a, b, a, b, select, start

guess i need to try ur way instead
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 10-21-2007, 08:14 PM
geeek204 geeek204 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 272
Mein Auto: e46 325i, e92 335i, A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdo View Post
i thought to get the extra 25 hp it was up, down, up, down, left, right, left, right, a, b, a, b, select, start

guess i need to try ur way instead
Normally I just push the peddle through the floor, I get an extra 30 for that!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series DIY
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms