Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 11-02-2007, 05:47 PM
"Clunker" *****

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 528A--165K
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36 Phantom View Post
While I can see what Pirate is talking about, I don't know that it is terrible in here at the present.

I know who the spelling nazi is, and I've lightened up some. If you go back and look, it was only the people who were careless enough to not even try to make things look like the real word, with ridiculous slang or constant, absurd spellings of things. It was those who didn't put any effort in. How long has it been since I've mentioned spelling/grammar?

As for the duplicate threads, this is the only forum I've ever been on that apparently doesn't mind having 300 copies of the same question. I honestly don't see the problem with telling people to search.

As for nonsense/OT threads, now that I agree with. I think I've contributed somewhere between 2-4 since I've been here, but they were at least somewhat related. I do understand people feelings though, because most of OT is dominated by SSIMON, HGilsomething, Boile, Airbags, and a few other ones in particular, plus the ladies they leg-hump. Most threads in OT quickly spiral off the OP's topic into some clique-y little conversation between a few.

That said, I can see the concerns, just not sure they're a huge deal yet. That's just my opinion. However, I also don't see any problem with having a mod dedicated to this forum, no matter if its 100% necessary or not. Back when that thread was around I was fully behind making Pirate a mod, and still am. He's a great guy, and already spends a lot of time in here anyway, so I don't see why not. I don't think it really hurts anything to make him a mod, and while it's not necessary yet, it could help keep it from getting there.

Pirate for mod! But don't go overboard!
In defense of the spelling Nazis, I appreciate their efforts. There is a finite number of times you can cringe, and shrug it off, but after a certain point you have to jump in and say "LOOSER IS NOT THE SAME AS LOSER." Give us a break, and let us vent once in a while.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:58 PM
I Am The Machine

Mein Auto: Dreier, Fünfer & Siebener
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProRail View Post
In defense of the spelling Nazis, I appreciate their efforts. There is a finite number of times you can cringe, and shrug it off, but after a certain point you have to jump in and say "LOOSER IS NOT THE SAME AS LOSER." Give us a break, and let us vent once in a while.
Yay!

Someone who understands me! Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKlim View Post
You're a derbanana
Old 11-03-2007, 05:42 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 E90 325i
first of Jon, thanks.

I only suggested those threads as not to deter people from posting about their car pics OR about noises from back, no, but because I remember those threads as very useful, they just stood out in memory and especially one Scandi made, because it was one of those things that is good on forums, i.e. someone takes their own time and shares knowledge. The noise from back thread was excellent because it took everything i could think of, and just handled it in short fashion, point by point. And for anyone looking for that kind of info, regular quick search (the one I guess people bother most with) didn't pick it up, until I typed in topic starter name. So, it would have been a lost thread, which was too good to lose iMHO.

now, the spelling nazis really do need to get a grip. but at the same time... they are needed when you get some character starting to post things with 'accent' or just cutting and abbreviating most words cuz he tinks i aight no big ting. In other words, if you criticize every little spelling error, then you need to get a life, but if someone tells the guy to say things properly because NONE of it makes sense then it's totally OK.

But yes, I think that OT threads have begun to over flood the place and that's not useful at all. I'm afraid to say, but people who know what they are talking about tech wise, those who are most helpful when it is time to ask for question (not to brag about new lights), these guys are the ones who are turned off by all the OT nonsense and the last thing you need to do is to alienate them. Because if they go, then yes, forum is quite bad all of a sudden and most USEFUL answer to your question really does become "use search" because that's where the answers are from the days when these members with knowledge really did bother to answer...

don't want to put words in anyone's mouth of course, it's just my personal view on how I see things here.

Heck, i don't even own E36 anymore, probably I should just say nothing.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:27 AM
Admin • Owner • Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320what? View Post
first of Jon, thanks.
Thanks for your input.

We're considering all options...

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 • The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"