Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:03 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 08 X5 4.8i / 04 330ci
Need help with options on a 2008 4.8 need opinions asap

I finally pulled the trigger yesterday on a 2008 X5 4.8 just put down a deposit but had a few questions about options that are a must. Color is either going to be titanium silver with black or space gray with black with walnut trim. So far I have ordered and have until next week to change my mind on options 1) Premium sound its a must for me since I love hearing good quality sound and I cant go without a 6 disc changer in the glovebox, 2) Navigation which is a must for me when trying to get anywhere I considered the technology package but wasnt to impressed with the rear view camera especially in the dark and the pdc just was annoying with the beeps, 3) Comfort seats I loved how they felt and all the different arrangements you can adjust they just felt heavenly on my back, 4) Ipod/USB port a must also for stored music on my ipod/ pioneer inno, 5) Heated front seats in Ohio thats a must I considered the cold weather package but I dont ski and it doesnt include rear heated seats the heated steering wheel was nice but didnt get that warm to the point of noticing it, 6) Climate pkg rear def worth it so people in the back can have their own controls especially good in the summer for when I take my 2 dogs anywhere, and the two major packages I am debating on 7) Premium package I am still 50/50 on this since I could just get BMW assist separate for $750 with bluetooth for 4 years and save $1000 since Nevada leather is standard on the 4.8, lumbar is standard with the comfort seats I am getting, I will have navigation so dont need the mirror compass, so the real question is the Garage Door Opener, Ambient Light Pkg, Inside Automatic Day/Night Mirrors, and O/S Automatic Day/Night Mirrors worth $1000? also the biggest question is 7) Should I get the sport package with 19's I love how it looks just dont know how practical the performance tires will be in the snow in Ohio unless I buy separate rims/ winter tires to use which is a hassle to switch. I am especially concerned since I already have a 04 330ci with the sports package with 18 inch ps2 tires that cant move in the snow.
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2007, 01:52 PM

Mein Auto: X5 4.8
X5 4.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NP2004 View Post
I finally pulled the trigger yesterday on a 2008 X5 4.8 just put down a deposit but had a few questions about options that are a must. Color is either going to be titanium silver with black or space gray with black with walnut trim. So far I have ordered and have until next week to change my mind on options 1) Premium sound its a must for me since I love hearing good quality sound and I cant go without a 6 disc changer in the glovebox, 2) Navigation which is a must for me when trying to get anywhere I considered the technology package but wasnt to impressed with the rear view camera especially in the dark and the pdc just was annoying with the beeps, 3) Comfort seats I loved how they felt and all the different arrangements you can adjust they just felt heavenly on my back, 4) Ipod/USB port a must also for stored music on my ipod/ pioneer inno, 5) Heated front seats in Ohio thats a must I considered the cold weather package but I dont ski and it doesnt include rear heated seats the heated steering wheel was nice but didnt get that warm to the point of noticing it, 6) Climate pkg rear def worth it so people in the back can have their own controls especially good in the summer for when I take my 2 dogs anywhere, and the two major packages I am debating on 7) Premium package I am still 50/50 on this since I could just get BMW assist separate for $750 with bluetooth for 4 years and save $1000 since Nevada leather is standard on the 4.8, lumbar is standard with the comfort seats I am getting, I will have navigation so dont need the mirror compass, so the real question is the Garage Door Opener, Ambient Light Pkg, Inside Automatic Day/Night Mirrors, and O/S Automatic Day/Night Mirrors worth $1000? also the biggest question is 7) Should I get the sport package with 19's I love how it looks just dont know how practical the performance tires will be in the snow in Ohio unless I buy separate rims/ winter tires to use which is a hassle to switch. I am especially concerned since I already have a 04 330ci with the sports package with 18 inch ps2 tires that cant move in the snow.

YOu have a PM.. Please check before you do anything!
Old 01-03-2008, 02:01 PM
spective

Mein Auto: BMW 2008 550i
I have some of the same questions as the original poster. Would you mind providing me with the same info you sent to him? I'm curious as well.

Thanks,

Jason
Old 01-03-2008, 07:36 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X6M
I think the 19" tires that come with the Sport Package are All Seasons. I don't believe you get performance tires unless you upgrade to the 20" tires. Definitely something to check out.

I'm an option guy. I (probably foolishly) load my cars with almost every option, leaving out only those things that I know I DON'T want for some reason (such as Active Steering). That said, I absolutely love Heads Up Display and would never order a car without it. Great feature.

2014 BMW X6 ///M | SpaceGray/BlackPerforatedFullMerino/CarbonLeather
2014 BMW 328xi Touring M-Sport | GlacierSilver/BlackDakota/DarkBurlWalnut
2014 BMW X6 35i M-Perf | TitaniumSilver/BlackNappa/DarkBamboo [wife's ride]

BMW HISTORY | '13 650xiGC, '12 650xi, '11 535xi, '11 X6 50i, '09 750i, '09 328xiT, '08 650i, '07 750i, '07 X5 4.8i, '06 650i, '05 745i, '05 325xiT, '03 745i, '02 745i, '01 325Cic, '01 X5 4.4i, and on...