Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 01-15-2006, 03:47 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 325 tds
1994 325 TDS Alarm question

Hi folks.

I have a UK spec 325TDS with the BMW alarm system which has caused me no end of problems!

I have managed to get hold of a newer secondhand alarm module(The one with the learning switch and two button remotes)

Now when I plug this in it the alarm goes off straight away, and I cant turn it off as I cant program the remotes when it is in the 'armed' mode! So I am in a vicious circle!

Now I found the following link
http://www.totalbmwmag.com/HandsOn/TechMay04.pdf

which shows that the alarm can be turned off by entering a secret code. I have found two stickers on on the outside, one on the inside with a 5 figure number which I think is the code. I have tried to input this as stated but iit doesn't turn it off!

Has anyone managed to use this method of turning the alarm off and if so could they provide a more detailed step by step guide?

Also any hints, tips in helping me to solve my issues would be great.

Many thanks
Ads by Google
Old 02-13-2006, 04:55 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to juliocvaldez
Mein Auto: 1998 328i
This has worked for me with other vehicles. Don't let this info fall into the wrong hands. You will need someone to assist you. First, disconnect a batt terminal(any one). Next put the key in the ignition switch and turn it to the "engine start" position and hold it there. Finally, have someone reconnect the batt. terminal as you hold the key until the engine starts. This should send a signal to the alarm brain telling it "all is good".
Old 03-08-2008, 03:17 PM

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 316i
I've got what I believe may be the same alarm system (calls itself a 3G EWS). Unfortunately I've lost the laminated card with the "secret code" on it. I programmed my spare remote into it using the coding switch, and noted down all of the codes listed on the outside of the alarm module. Unfortunately the only 2 that are 5 digits long look unlikely to be the secret code - one is on the receiver and is of the form "Ver. xxxxx", and the other is 5 digits but has a zero in it, which would be rather tricky to enter as the code using the procedure listed in the handbook - count the flashes, turn ignition on and off etc. Does this mean I need to open up the alarm module itself to get at the secret code? If so, what's the best way of doing this without making a complete mess of the plastic case?

Thanks

Andrew.