Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 04-16-2008, 11:48 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '08 Volvo S60, '97 Jetta
Pricing Feedback

I priced out an X3 with certain options using the NADA website - the range goes from $42,025 to $45,685 - invoice to msrp - other websites probably produce similar range results - in your experiences are these published ranges indicative of how low dealerships will go or is there still room to play ?
Ads by Google
Old 04-16-2008, 11:55 AM
Ukemi - that's how I roll

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi S4 2010 MT MCS
Right now vehicles in this class are going through hard times. I am betting that pricing will be very competitive.

The X3's sales are down 40% from last year.

There are many subjective reasons as to why.

That is not important in your circumstances. Use it to your advanatage.

I forget the term, but their is one for how long a vehicle has been sitting on a lot. Azn or Andrew*Debbie probably know.

If there is one on a lot you like, find out how long its been there? It costs the dealer money to have one sitting.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:35 PM
resU deretsigeR

Mein Auto: Leaf Tekna
Use the invoice price list in this forum. We paid invoice +$1095 + $399 dealer documentation fee but that was when the market was better.

Be sure you include the $180 training fee and the MACO fee in the invoice total. Dealers pay those fees to BMW NA, so you should include them in the price.

Maco varies by region. It is $300 here in Atlanta. The range is from about $250 to $500.

If you are leasing, be sure to shop the lease rate markups too.
The models and equipment (standard and optional) illustrated in this post reflect my misunderstanding of vehicles supplied by BMW AG to the German market. In other EU member states, the truthyness of my posts may vary. Please ignore this post. Subject to change.

Last edited by Andrew*Debbie; 04-16-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:45 PM

Mein Auto: New England
Wink NE dealer(s) seem eager to deal in April.

Hi UBERMAX,

I don't know how great a deal I can get, but I went into a dealership yesterday. I let the salesman walk me around the lot and start with his MSRP lease figures. In less than an hour I had the dealership down to invoice + $1000 + $399 doc fees and they would pull a vehicle out of the BMW incoming lot in NJ to make me happy. I wasn't ready to buy so I stopped there, I think I could even get the doc fee lowered if I had been ready to sign. I told the CA when I booked the appointment that I would be shopping for 3 to 4 weeks.

I had an even lower Ad that I took with me, and they had two with the same options as the Ad that they would sell/lease to me for the Ad price on the lot, and found me at least 6 others for the Ad price and options in different colors around New England,... just not the options I want.

I suggested invoice + $1000. My fault, I want to see the dealership make some money so I can have a loaner, wifi, and pastries when I do come in once a year for a firmware upgrade or an oil change. Today, you probably could start at invoice +$500 and get their attention. The final deal would be somewhere between invoice +$500 and $1000 + doc fees imho. The last week of April will be a buyer's market in New England.

It is all a numbers game, you may go into 4 or more dealerships before you find the one that is willing to deal on that day, and then all the dealerships will want to beat your best deal. That is what happened to me last time. I went with the first dealer (#4) willing to deal last time, but went back to two of the other 3 just to validate that the deal was possible. This time I started with one more dealer (#5) and will go back and check with dealer (#4).

When I go shopping I print any Ads I can find and take them with me, even if they are not from the dealer you are going to. My standard line when they tell me that I can not get the Ad price from "that dealer", is well if that is the case, I will be back ... If they don't stop you before you are out of the showroom, you probably can do better somewhere else. I also make an appointment and show up on time, as little bs as possible on my part. To get my best deals I don't go in when the dealerships are busy, I think it is harder for them to give you an incredible deal when dozens of other car shoppers might be listening.

Good Luck.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:10 PM

Mein Auto: 328i (2007), X3 (2006)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermax View Post
I priced out an X3 with certain options using the NADA website - the range goes from $42,025 to $45,685 - invoice to msrp - other websites probably produce similar range results - in your experiences are these published ranges indicative of how low dealerships will go or is there still room to play ?
Ubermax

I learned a lesson during the purchase of my second Bimmer, the CPO 06 X3.

I bought the 07 328i new with less than $1000 off MSRP. That was in winter 2006... a sellers market.

Tables have turned now. Lesson from X3 buy was...shop for deals through the month, buy on the last day of the month (be prepared to walk if you don't get a good deal)...dealers are more prone to "adjusting" prices then...that was my experience
Old 04-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Tar Heel Faithful

Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: 2014 Mazda3 GT
$800-1200 over invoice is a good deal. I know my dealer doesn't charge MACO or doc fees on top of that, but many dealers do, so make sure that's all straightened out.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:50 AM

I had a message asking where the forum invoice list could be found - I then found the list but can't delete this thread ??

Last edited by ubermax; 04-17-2008 at 06:02 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:55 AM
resU deretsigeR

Mein Auto: Leaf Tekna
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubermax View Post
Where would I find the invoice price list in the forum ? and does it include all the options that would appear on the BMW website when you "build your BMW" ? - thanks

Uhh try looking up about 3 threads from this one

Or click here.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=224512

The list includes what is on the BMW website.

There are three unadvertised options. They are on the Priority One List

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=224516

P1 is a customer ordered car. P1 options are options that are only available on a customer ordered car.
The models and equipment (standard and optional) illustrated in this post reflect my misunderstanding of vehicles supplied by BMW AG to the German market. In other EU member states, the truthyness of my posts may vary. Please ignore this post. Subject to change.

Last edited by Andrew*Debbie; 04-17-2008 at 05:59 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:05 AM

thanks Andrew*Debbie !!