Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 04-18-2008, 04:28 AM
Not a Bimmer driver anymo

Mein Auto: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
European Delivery + Wedding + Honeymoon

Well, today's my flight out to Munich! My delivery isn't until April 28th, but I'm going out early because (as some of you may already know) I'm getting married on April 25th at 4pm in Munich!! We actually planned the wedding around the ED, with the two-weeks of driving being our honeymoon. Yes, my future-bride is pretty awesome for working with me on this one! She's also made me promise that she gets to drive in the Alps

Final Itinerary - yes it's very hectic, but we really wanted to take advantage of having the car with us!

4/19-4/28: Munich (with day trips to Ulm, Neuschwanstein, and Rothenburg odT)
4/28-4/29 Innsbruck, Austria
4/30-5/2 Lake Como (with a day trip to see the Last Supper in Milan - my fiancée is an art historian)
5/3: Nice/Monte-Carlo
5/4-5/5 Burgundy region of France
5/6-5/10: Paris, France

I'll be sure to update this thread with details as I get a chance, but no later than 12hrs after pickup!

Thanks a million to everyone on here. Even when you weren't answering my questions, I was learning from all of your posts. This trip wouldn't be nearly the same without all the information available from Bimmerfest!
Ads by Google
Old 04-18-2008, 04:54 AM
-- Robert S. Johnson 56FG

Mein Auto: 2008 535i
Congratulations!! Show the bride your appreciation and take her to the Swarovski store in Innsbruck. It is fantastic! It is well located in town.

535i, Monaco, Cream, Light Poplar, Comfort Seats, PP, Nav, ED.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:40 AM
Driving 'en Plein Air'

Mein Auto: 435i vert ED July 2014
Congratulations Gig... Can't wait for the pictures and the full report. Wishing you and your new bride a great time on your ED and life adventure together!

Preparing for July 2014 ED campaign: 435i Cabrio M/Sport ~ with Mrs. Poc's blessings for some twisty roads
F33 435i M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Oyster/Black/Estoril | 441M 18" Wheels | Driver's Assistance | Premium | MDHP | M-Sport Brakes | MPPK for added weight | MPE to round it off

RETIRED: 2008 E92 335i Coupé
ED 2008: Click here to view ED report
PCD Re-Delivery: Click here for PCD Report
BMWCCA Nº. 383753
Old 04-18-2008, 06:20 AM
Freude am Fahren

Mein Auto: Fünfer und Dreier
Gratuliere! Mazel tov.

One request: be careful attaching all the cans on a string to the back of your new car and watch out where you tape the sign so you don't damage the paint.

F10 2014 535d M Sport Mondstein Metallic
F10 2012 ActiveHybrid 5 Azuritschwarz Metallic
MB 2011 E350 BlueTec
E70 2011 X5 xDrive35d*
E90 2010 335d*
E60 2008 550i*

E90 2006 330xi*
E90 2006 325i
E90 2006 330xi*
E39 2003 530i*
E46 2000 328Ci*
E36 1996 328iS*
E36 1992 325i*
E30 1991 318is*
E21 1982 320iS*
E21 1979 320 (6-Zyl)*
*retired
Old 04-18-2008, 08:21 AM
Happy Bimmer Driver

Mein Auto: 328i e90
Congrats! See ya there!
Old 04-18-2008, 10:44 AM

Mein Auto: '08 335xi; 18"; graphite
Congratulations!

Way to go!

I wish you a great trip/honey moon!

P.S. I see you decided not to stay at Sankt Moritz after all.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via Skype™ to guppyflyer
Mein Auto: ist verkauft!
Congrats on the wedding and delivery. All you need is a conception for the trifecta!

Erik
Our ED Report

Freude am Fliegen
Old 04-18-2008, 02:22 PM
Driving 'en Plein Air'

Quote:
Originally Posted by guppyflyer View Post
Congrats on the wedding and delivery. All you need is a conception for the trifecta!

Erik

Preparing for July 2014 ED campaign: 435i Cabrio M/Sport ~ with Mrs. Poc's blessings for some twisty roads
F33 435i M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Oyster/Black/Estoril | 441M 18" Wheels | Driver's Assistance | Premium | MDHP | M-Sport Brakes | MPPK for added weight | MPE to round it off

BMWCCA Nº. 383753
Old 04-18-2008, 04:55 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 135i
Monaco will be great. You will go absolutely crazy when you see all of the yachts and exotic cars. The last time I was there I saw an F40, an Enzo, 9 Phantoms and 4 Maybachs in addition to all of the other Ferrari's and Bentley's. You should also try to take some pictures of your new BMW on some of the famous parts of the F1 circuit (Grand Hotel Hairpin & coming out of the tunnel).

Current: 2013 X5 3.5, 2013 535 M-Sport, 2012 640Cic, and 2011 135 M-Sport

Past: 2010 535 M-Sport, 2010 X5 4.8, 2009 650Cic, 2007 550, 2006 650Cic, 2004 330Cic, and 2004 745
Old 04-22-2008, 04:25 PM

Today I stopped by the Welt, since I had about a hour to kill and an all day MVV pass. I guess it might have stolen some of the awe to next week, but I could not wait. What an amazing building. No wonder some call it a work of art! I checked out the displays and one thing that stood out a bit was the room about the individual bmw with the options. Was i not BMW obsessed,I think the hydrogen and efficient dynamics would be much cooler. But as it is, i know a lot of both already.

I also went up and met Thomas, because we decided (after Irv's half-joking suggestion) to show up in our wedding outfits to the delivery! So Thomas put in a note to put us on the podiums across from the Int'l Cafe! Pretty neat.

More to come in less than a week!
Old 04-22-2008, 04:39 PM

Mein Auto: A big grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gig103 View Post
Well, today's my flight out to Munich! My delivery isn't until April 28th, but I'm going out early because (as some of you may already know) I'm getting married on April 25th at 4pm in Munich!! We actually planned the wedding around the ED, with the two-weeks of driving being our honeymoon. Yes, my future-bride is pretty awesome for working with me on this one! She's also made me promise that she gets to drive in the Alps

Final Itinerary - yes it's very hectic, but we really wanted to take advantage of having the car with us!

4/30-5/2 Lake Como (with a day trip to see the Last Supper in Milan - my fiancée is an art historian)

I'll be sure to update this thread with details as I get a chance, but no later than 12hrs after pickup!

Thanks a million to everyone on here. Even when you weren't answering my questions, I was learning from all of your posts. This trip wouldn't be nearly the same without all the information available from Bimmerfest!
If you don't have a reservation to see the last supper get on it now.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:10 PM

Mein Auto: 335i E93 Verte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamdog View Post
Congratulations!! Show the bride your appreciation and take her to the Swarovski store in Innsbruck. It is fantastic! It is well located in town.
... and there is that walkway ice cream shop just down and around the corner from the Swarovski shop. Check out the Green Apple Ice Cream. Last time we were there in July of 07 they were still only charging one Euro for a cone.

Enjoy the trip/wedding/honeymoon.

Check link below for an "aerial" view of Innsbruck as seen from the top of ski jump tram (itself worth a visit and they have a nice little retaurant up on top as well.)

Just ask for directions to the Bergisel Skisprung (Skijumping station). It is not too far from the Olympic stadium.

(Scroll down to post #5 on the linked thread for the photos of the Bergiesel Skisprung and "aerial" view of Innsbruck from the top. (The restaurant is in the glass fronted structure at the very top. The design is snake shaped and was created by a famous woman architect from Iraq.)

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=278925

Last edited by Northcar; 04-22-2008 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:27 PM

Mein Auto: 335i E93 Verte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northcar View Post
... and there is that walkway ice cream shop just down and around the corner from the Swarovski shop. Check out the Green Apple Ice Cream. Last time we were there in July of 07 they were still only charging one Euro for a cone.

Enjoy the trip/wedding/honeymoon.

Check link below for an "aerial" view of Innsbruck as seen from the top of ski jump tram (itself worth a visit and they have a nice little retaurant up on top as well.)

Just ask for directions to the Bergisel Skisprung (Skijumping station). It is not too far from the Olympic stadium.

(Scroll down to post #5 on the linked thread for the photos of the Bergiesel Skisprung and "aerial" view of Innsbruck from the top. (The restaurant is in the glass fronted structure at the very top. The design is snake shaped and was created by a famous woman architect from Iraq.)

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=278925

And here is a link to the above referenced "restaurant" at the very top of the snake structure with its glass front.

http://www.binders.at/de-kultur_spor...kispringen.htm
Old 04-22-2008, 05:30 PM
+r.

Mein Auto: '08 CLS w/ AMG pkg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gig103 View Post

Based on what you tell me, you got a great new bimmer. better yet, you have an awesome/understanding wife. congrats on both. safe travels.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to NateXTR
Mein Auto: '13 X1 3.5 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by guppyflyer View Post

Erik
LOL!

Gig, Enjoy the trip and the wedding. It is something that you will never forget!
2/8/07 ED X3 Alpine White, Step, PP, SP, Xenon. Re-delivered 3/17/07(retired)
7/7/06 ED 325XIT, JapanRot, Step, PP, Xenon. Luzern, Gap, Alp d' Huez, Varenna, Munich. Re-delivered 8/28/06.(retired)
Old 04-23-2008, 05:25 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: BMW X3
It will be a "first " if you're at the Welt in your "Wedding Outfits " Go for it ! Don't forget the sign,put it on the back of the car !

BMW of Crystal Lake | email: irv_robinson@yahoo.com
For detailed ED information, visit my BMW European Delivery website and my autos blog
Wall Street Journal article on BMW European Delivery
Old 04-23-2008, 08:53 PM

Mein Auto: E92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZSLA View Post
If you don't have a reservation to see the last supper get on it now.
Ditto. I was reading the thread to see if this suggestion was going to me made and VIZSLA passed it on. You will be unable to see The Last Supper without advance reservations.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:42 AM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider41 View Post
Ditto. I was reading the thread to see if this suggestion was going to me made and VIZSLA passed it on. You will be unable to see The Last Supper without advance reservations.
For those who did see the Last Supper, how was it?

Because I heard it's really bleak now, severely damaged by Napoleon troops & other calamities...
Old 04-24-2008, 11:51 AM
ICH LIEBE BMW!!!!

Send a message via Skype™ to mwagner1
Mein Auto: it has four wheels
CONGRATS in the trip!!! Please post some images of the happy day...both the wedding AND the delivery!!! WOO HOOO

Cheers,
Old 04-24-2008, 11:58 AM

Mein Auto: I keeps what I find
Quote:
Originally Posted by coontie View Post
For those who did see the Last Supper, how was it?

Because I heard it's really bleak now, severely damaged by Napoleon troops & other calamities...
Still worth seeing. It's awesome when you take into context who painted it and what it has endured over the years.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:06 PM

Hello everyone!!! I know I'm past the 12 hour rule, but I need an exemption as it is my honeymoon

The Welt was wonderful. We showed up in the wedding outfits, and everyone was fawning over us. We felt like celebrities! Thomas took us through the paperwork very quickly, and then we went and enjoyed the premium lounge for a bit. We actually met with Richifever and his friends too! It was fun coming halfway around the world and meeting another Bimmerfester!!

Finally at noon, we met with Bernard. He is as wonderful as everyone says he is. We had a great time talking about the wedding and our planned trip, as much as we did the predelivery introduction. I love his 'donkey bridges' for remembering the compass points of iDrive too. Before we knew it, it was 12:40 and we hadn't even left the predelivery presentation area, so we hurried back upstairs, to take the big walk down... Our car was there, rotating on the platform right at the bottom of the stairs, across from the restaurant. Welt employees applauded us as we decended, too, which was very nice.

Stephanie came over to take our picture with the car, and took quite a few, posing us similarly to the wedding photographer last Friday Then, a very nice surprise, a small tart was given to us as a gift (along with the customary keychain, of course!!). Teri went to change out of the wedding dress and into something more comfortable for the factory tour while I went over the bluetooth, ipod, etc etc with Bernard. He certainly knows his stuff, all while being one of the most polite gentelmen I've ever met.

A nice last surprise was being asked if we would sign a release allowing BMW to use our photographs in promotions. Of course we said ''YES'' and signed the form. It was not definite that they plan on using the pictures, just that they wanted permission to consider it.

I had to sign the form as I was starting the car, though, since I still needed to do my lap and only had about one minute to the start of the factory tour!! We parked and made it just as the movie introduction was ending, but we still enjoyed the actual tour. It was very detailed, I have to say, and not rushed as a lot of tours are.

Edit: Here is a picture!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1594.jpg
Views:	1868
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	145317  

Last edited by Gig103; 04-29-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:11 PM

On our way to Innsbruck, where I am writing this from, we had a little visit with the Austrian Politzei. Hard to go from 120kph or higher in Germany, to 100kph!! I saw the officer with the radar gun, but was following a Toyota so I didn't slow much. But, the Zoll plate got his attention and we got stopped. I had my documents, and Passport and IDL ready, and when he said I was going 129 in a 100, I pointed to how the kph are small and that the car was brand new from the morning. ''I only have a hundred kilometers on the car, and I do not know it well. I was reading the wrong set of numbers on the dial.''

He acted all tough and intimidating, and thoroughly checked out the car, and gave me the minimum fine of 25 euros. The hotel receptionist says I got off very lucky compared to the hundreds other guests have paid. Anyway, I hope I got that out of my system!!

Last edited by Gig103; 04-29-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:46 PM
Where did I park again???

Mein Auto: 1989 325i
Great pic! Congrats on the new wife and new car! Also glad to hear you were only stuck with the minium fine...I'm sure it could have been a lot worse!
Old 04-29-2008, 02:50 PM
Happy Bimmer Driver

Mein Auto: 328i e90
It was nice meeting you and your wife. I had just gotten back from lunch and I saw you taking delivery of your car. I ran to get my camera, but you had just finished your victory lap and left already. We too are in Austria and are headed to Praha tomorrow.
See ya around!
Old 04-29-2008, 04:37 PM
Driving 'en Plein Air'

Congratulations Gig... Wife and car look beautiful!

BMWCCA Nº. 383753