BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Thank You Everyone for Being a Part of Bimmerfest 2008!

21K views 30 replies 21 participants last post by  Palantirion 
#1 ·
We're just waking up and recovering from a night of post-event partying over here, but I just wanted to take a quick second to say THANK YOU to everyone who joined us for the event yesterday. We have created a special gallery where you can upload your photos, and I hope that y'all use it and then post your pics in threads in this forum so that those who were unable to attend can enjoy them.

Here's the gallery link: http://www.bimmerfest.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=3260

Also, My friend Agent 001 over at AutoSpies took some amazing pictures of all of the people coming in, and of the cars on display, so be sure to check all of them out.

As I recover in the coming week I will post all of the winners of the various divisions of the Battle of the Bimmers, so be on the lookout for that as well.

From AutoSpies

http://www.autospies.com/news/2008-BIMMERFEST-PHOTO-GALLERY-Official-Photos-Now-Live-29380/

video

http://www.autospies.com/news/VIDEO-Agent-001-Gives-You-A-Tour-Of-The-2008-Bimmerfest-Show-29383/

THANKS AGAIN, and now, let's see your pics!!!

:supdude: :supdude: :supdude: :supdude: :supdude:

See less See more
#2 ·
Jon,

My hat goes off to you for staging yet another fantastic event. I know you guys work hard all year to get everything squeezed into one day-but you did it! This was truly the best Bimmerfest ever. Congrats to you and to all the folks in the background who make this event what it is. I look forward to the next event.

Thanks again,
Ron

#6 ·
This was my fourth attempt at bimmerfest. I am always impressed with the turnout, but unfortunately I think there were some bimmer drivers that gave a negative representation to the local community. I speak specifically of those individuals who were blocking the middle lane on the freeway while trying to cut in line for the exit.
The result was the CHP blocking that exit and forcing those of us who had arrived on time and waited over 30 minutes to continue on to the next exit.

How about next year we sell tickets in advance so there isn't this great chaos before/after 9:00 am. I would gladly pay $40.00 in advance to avoid the crazyness I have encountered the last two years just trying to get to the front gate. I think the locals would appreciate anything to clear congestion as well.

Thanks for the great weather!

Also, did I see some people get tickets while parked in the bimmerfest?

#10 ·
I had a great time and hats off to you Jon for organizing such a huge event!

I have read through several threads on several different forums and have formulated an interesting thought to speed up entry into either these grounds or any other place if it is relocated.

Pre-registration! Sell tickets for the event in the days (or even months) prior to the event, have two different lines for those who have pre-purchased tickets and those who must still do so. I have seen ticket scanners at concerts that can scan computer printouts with a barcode and it speeds up things immensely. I think if you can do little things like this one at a time it can improve the situation greatly since you the amount of time saved per entrant is multiplied by the amount of people who particpate.

Thanks again for a great show and I hope that all the people who complain about it will eventually realize how much work you put into this because it really shows with the better food situation and great organization.

#11 ·
AWESOME job my Brother"s".

Jon, Tim and Mark ALL did an awesome job putting this incredible feat together.
I love the ideas in the post above, might just be something to consider. :dunno:

NOW I can't wait for next year, thanks again my friends! :thumbup:

#20 ·
Want to thank Keith and Larry for helping make my first Bfest a memorable one. I had a great time! My drive down, with the WA caravan was just as much fun as Bfest itself. Appreciate the group discounts, fellowship with enthusiasts and wonderful laughs at dinner(s).

Couldn't have asked for more :thumbup:

#14 ·
this was my first bimmerfest and i had a blast!

the whole experience was surreal to me...it was great just being able to run in to guys at my hotel in downtown sb (the night before) and talk about cars...and then u get to the show and its just a huge gathering of car nuts! :)

i had a great time and i'm hoping attend again next yr! :D

i didn't go with the caravan as i had to leave later in the day but it was still fun driving down....

the drive up was incredible as we took off of 101 to highway 1 north in slo and headed north 175 miles up to carmel/monterrey on highway 1

that was such an awesome drive

jon thanks for organizing this event...despite all the bullsh1t with the tickets and dangerous driving maneuvers it was a great time...

when you have this many people gather together from all over cali you're going to get a group of idiots....:)

can't do much about it...

the pregistration is a great idea...i'm glad we got there at 8 when we did as we didn't have to wait in a line or anything..it was well worth paying the extra $20 (i probably would have burned that much gas waiting in traffic for about 30 mins)

i'm already looking forward to next yr!

#24 ·
hey Jon, I loved my 1st bimmerfest drove all the way from missouri and will be back next year I've met alot of kool new friends and awesome cars my wife is a benz owner and now she is starting to like bimmers go figure i'm working on her to buy one, well see. Hey have you thought about a midwest, east coast, bimmerfest? this could really take off I feel people would love to do this every year and meet new people and what people do to there cars it would be great advertising for all the vendors $$$$$$. Had a great time and cant wait till next year.:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.