Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2008: Santa Barbara, CA

Bimmerfest 2008: Santa Barbara, CA
May 3rd has come and gone. Read stories, check out the pics and more from the largest BMW gathering in the land...

Old 05-04-2008, 08:51 PM
tom x e36

Send a message via AIM to tomxe36
Mein Auto: 1995 325i
the LA caravan would have been alot better if we all left at the same time :[
Old 05-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Petrolhead

Mein Auto: 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomxe36 View Post
the LA caravan would have been alot better if we all left at the same time :[
For the most part, we did. The time from first to last was at most, 10 minutes. Probably more like 7 or 8.
............................that's what gets you."

..................................................-Jeremy Clarkson
Old 05-05-2008, 12:00 AM
L4P

Send a message via AIM to MalibuMafiaV
Mein Auto: E60 M5 & Stage 3 Audi S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HARLEYM3 View Post
Unfortunatley, the caravan was not held togther because of reckless drivers. We start the caravan for one and one single point. to drive as [one], hence "caravan". for the guys that actually did stay in one single formation, i tip my hat to you for staying in a group, or a "caravan". the second that i got OC/SD onto the 405 fwy...i kid you not, right as i got into the freeway from the onramp, about 3 or 4 cars went past me at about 90+ MPH..., all the guys werent even out of IKEA parking lot when we got on, so i was going 60 MPH trying to wait for the rest of the guys to get even onto the freeway onramp....i'm not sure why people showed up to the caravan if they were not intending to conduct themselves accordingly. I apologize for any inconvenience to those that actually stayed in formation. I feel really bad to for the guys that actually drove from far distances to see the speedracers FVCK everything up.....the cops are most likely to stop little groups of guys going fast instead of ONE BIG GROUP going 65-70 MPH, please dont take this experience as a good one to not join in with the caravan next year.

***to those that DIDNT stay in the caravan : JUST DONT BOTHER SHOWING UP TO THE CARAVAN NEXT YEAR............SIMPLE.
I noticed when I merged onto the 101 from Malibu Canyon you were literly RIGHT behind me. I then slowed down and allowed you to go ahead along with 3 other people and went right behind you guys in one single lane the entire way
BMW 2000 3-series - Supercharged Because race car SOLD
Maserati 2004 M128 GT - HREs/tint/straight piped SOLD
BMW 2006 M3 - stock - SOLD
Old 05-05-2008, 07:52 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: e46 325i
ed we need a microphone next year lol

***OFFICIAL Corona meet!!!***
Old 05-05-2008, 08:38 AM
Account closed at users request

Send a message via Yahoo to RaDs330
Mein Auto: 330i
I have to agree with everything that was said above, for the most part Harley and myself were keeping together, two lanes or one we were holding it down.. I want to thank everyone whom stayed within the speed and also with the caravan...

There were quit a few individuals who never really wanted to be part of a caravan, yet they showed up to act like little kids...

true the caravan didnt stay in a tight formation however it was alot better than last year. I look forward to it again next year...

Well I was the poc leader along with HarleyM3 for the OC caravan, I was running the 330 with blue tape on the front end ( it had the OC leader sticker posted in front and back as well)... Im gonna put my point in along with the other leaders.

First and formost I want to thank those who kept up with the caravan formation and also for those who kept safe speeds...

I arrived at the Ikea at around 5:05 -5:10, and my boy Albert arrived after me as well.... I made my way around to talk to everyone and let them know who I was and whats going on...

I do apologize to those individuals who didnt keep up with the threads that were posted in order to notify you what was going on, as to caravans leaving late, well we cannot anticipate traffic and we tried to keep in contact with all the leaders to see when to merge...

Now once we were on the freeway, there were alot of careless idiot's that wanted to put on a show to see how much gas they could waste, "WOW" your rides are quick, but that's not the point to the whole caravan, if it was then we wouldnt have driven 100+ miles...

Of course we cant keep the caravan together because one: there were other people who thought they would just start leading the caravan, which in a way wasnt as bad because they kept the speed constant and safe, but the point to have a leader is so that they can LEAD, Second: we cant make other motorists get off there lanes that they are taveling in order for us to make lane changes in a group, so there for you must get in behind them or try and get ahead of them..
and lastly all those who had little speed contests on the freeway, well they are the reason why we cant even have an "Official Bimmerfest Rally", lets all take a minute to thank them.....

so to end my long post, I just wanted to thank the Leaders as well as those others that kept everything calm and together.

Last edited by RaDs330; 05-05-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:31 AM
L4P

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaDs330 View Post
I have to agree with everything that was said above, for the most part Harley and myself were keeping together, two lanes or one we were holding it down.. I want to thank everyone whom stayed within the speed and also with the caravan...

There were quit a few individuals who never really wanted to be part of a caravan, yet they showed up to act like little kids...

true the caravan didnt stay in a tight formation however it was alot better than last year. I look forward to it again next year...

Well I was the poc leader along with HarleyM3 for the OC caravan, I was running the 330 with blue tape on the front end ( it had the OC leader sticker posted in front and back as well)... Im gonna put my point in along with the other leaders.

First and formost I want to thank those who kept up with the caravan formation and also for those who kept safe speeds...

I arrived at the Ikea at around 5:05 -5:10, and my boy Albert arrived after me as well.... I made my way around to talk to everyone and let them know who I was and whats going on...

I do apologize to those individuals who didnt keep up with the threads that were posted in order to notify you what was going on, as to caravans leaving late, well we cannot anticipate traffic and we tried to keep in contact with all the leaders to see when to merge...

Now once we were on the freeway, there were alot of careless idiot's that wanted to put on a show to see how much gas they could waste, "WOW" your rides are quick, but that's not the point to the whole caravan, if it was then we wouldnt have driven 100+ miles...

Of course we cant keep the caravan together because one: there were other people who thought they would just start leading the caravan, which in a way wasnt as bad because they kept the speed constant and safe, but the point to have a leader is so that they can LEAD, Second: we cant make other motorists get off there lanes that they are taveling in order for us to make lane changes in a group, so there for you must get in behind them or try and get ahead of them..
and lastly all those who had little speed contests on the freeway, well they are the reason why we cant even have an "Official Bimmerfest Rally", lets all take a minute to thank them.....

so to end my long post, I just wanted to thank the Leaders as well as those others that kept everything calm and together.
Well put dude, was good to see ya out there.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuMafiaV View Post
Well put dude, was good to see ya out there.
like wise bro, and will have to get together some time... im thinking of throwing a meet, so i'lll let you know
Old 05-05-2008, 01:20 PM
L4P

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaDs330 View Post
like wise bro, and will have to get together some time... im thinking of throwing a meet, so i'lll let you know
Sounds good. Good idea for a nice little BMW meet sometime, for sure I'm in.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuMafiaV View Post
Sounds good. Good idea for a nice little BMW meet sometime, for sure I'm in.
for sure bro, i got your number... do you go on E46fanatics