Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 06-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW
Angry Oh, you're NOT going to believe what just happened to me..

So, I take my car to Flow BMW (the one that's on Peters Creek Pkwy, in Winston-Salem) to have my tire looked at. Sitting in the lounge, reading my book. A pleasant looking fellow comes out.

- Hi, I'm the general manager, please come with me.

I'm a little apprehensive but follow anyway. Racking my brain, trying to figure out what I did wrong. I don't have a chip in my car or anything, everything is stock... Walk into his office. Dimly lit, there's another dour-looking dude sitting in the corner. He's not smiling, kind of gives me a menacing stare.

- Have a seat.

Ookay then. I sit down.

- Is your alias c-o-o-n-t-i-e on bimmerfest?

I go, "HUH?"

- ARE YOU COONTIE?

I stammer, "Uh.. no." (OK, I wasn't gonna crack on the first question! Once the cattleprods were to come out, maybe then but surely not immediately. Plus, I think I'd be less flabbergasted if he had said, "We have a new M3 we don't need, it's your to keep.")

- Well, we have a reason to believe you are.

Then, he takes out a manila folder and (looking at it upside-down), it's full of my bimmerfest print-outs, certain passages highlighted. He takes a page out.

- It says here you once referred to buying a car at our dealership as "like being sodomized with a broomstick."

I squirm a little and go, "So, you have your own little Gestapo research unit, is that it?"

The sullen-looking dude in the corner (at this point they got the whole good cop/bad cop production thing going on here) says, "We don't like it when people maliciously slander our dealership."

I kinda stammer.. "Well, it wasn't slander, really, I just told people the truth. I didn't like being treated like an idiot by your saleswoman, it just wasn't a pleasant experience. Especially that when I offered $1k over ED invoice to your sales lady over there, she laughed in my face and said she's worked for 15 years and never did ED and no way would I get a 3yr lease for less than $700/month. I then went to Ricki in NY @ DiFeo and leased my car in 10 mins! For the price I wanted! AND! She didn't laugh in my face! So, how about that?!"

The good cop says, "So, you like Dunkin Donuts?"

I go, "what?!"

He says (taking another post from the folder) - right here, you said, "There's a Dunkin Donuts across the street, you can wait there during service."

I'm like, "Ok. SO?" (trying to see if these two really, REALLY hate Dunkin Donuts for some reason. They didn't look like it though.)

(cue in the bad cop)

- Well, when you go buy a donut that costs $3.50, do you offer them three dollars?!

I go, "A car is not a donut, first of all. Second of all, if you're so concerned about good image, why not just offer people fair prices, instead of putting on a whole dog & pony show?"

He says, "Because buying a car is like buying a horse. People have been doing it for centuries. It's called, 'NEGOTIATION.'"

I'm like, "Well, why would you waste my time in the name of this 'negotiation' instead of just selling it for a fair price and be done with it?"

Anyway, this "Waiting for Godot"-like back & forth theater continues for a little bit. Then the bad cop says, "OK, if you hate us so much, you can't come here any longer" or some such thing. I took my book and left, basically.
___

Thinking about it for a bit, I'm sure they were gunning for me for a while. I'm stunned that a dealership would have this Stasi-like group of people, trying to flush out whoever's posting bad reviews about them.

What do you guys think? Incredible, eh?

[Note from Moderator: The owner of the dealership, Mr. Don Flow, first replies to the OP in post #835.]

Last edited by Emission; 07-12-2008 at 10:31 AM.
Advertisement
Old 06-27-2008, 01:53 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5 35d
Wow, that is incredible. Don't they think you are going to post what happened?

Retired 2011 335d AW, M Sport, Premium and Convenience pkg, Heated Seats, Nav, HK, iPod/USB, smart phone. ED 8/31/10

Retired 2008 335i Coupe 6-speed Manual, Montego Blue, Sport, Premium, CW, Nav, PDC, AS, Shade, HD, Sat, Ipod/USB, Logic 7, CA
PCD 11/07

Retired 2004 545i Sapphire Black/Black 6-speed Manual, Sport.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:54 PM
BigTime Defender

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35d
Thats wild! If I dimed out my local dealership, I'd be toast given my screen name on this site as well as the description of my car. It would take them about 30 secs to figure out who I was.

BTW its not defamation (libel or slander) if its the truth. Sounds like the dealership sucks and you did well to get your BMW elsewhere.

I'd have a hard time taking such a lame interrogation seriously though
Sapphire w/Beige Leather
Premium, Cold Weather, Technology, Premium Sound, and Sport
Packages. 19" wheels, LUX H8 v3 DRL Upgrade

Former and Missed BMW
2008 335i Coupe
ZPP,ZSP, 6FL, 4AS, 2XA, Sirius, Nav, Heated Seats
-MINE on 3/16/08
-Space Grey Metallic w/Grey Dakota Leather
Old 06-27-2008, 02:00 PM

Mein Auto: Alpinweiss F32
You are a finer gentleman than I am. I would have told them where to kiss me and walked out. I assure you that the conversation would have gone like this.......
2015 435i ///M Sport | Alpine White | Coral Red | 19" | Auto | Cold Weather | Driver Assistance | Dynamic Handling | Lighting | Premium | Technology | M-Sport Brakes | Rear Sunshade | HK | Leather Dashboard | MPPK | MPE | Leather Dashboard BMWCCA #409820
PCD: 10/31/2014
2009 335i E92
2008 335i E92
Old 06-27-2008, 02:08 PM

Mein Auto: 01 525it and 02 M3
Thanks for posting. I'll be sure to steer clear of Flow.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:10 PM

Mein Auto: 328xi coupe
Unbelievable ! Hope you have better luck with the next one you go to.I have had a very bad experience while i was bimmer shopping.
Venue: Markel BMW, Omaha(50 miles from my home - Lincoln).
Background: I went to the dealership with my wife after enquiring about the CPO 3-series from their inventory.The salesperson(#1) on the phone confirms the ones i was interested were indeed, certified(CPO).
Scene :The salesperson(#1) is no where to be found.So some other chum(#2) tries to help us.We had the stock ids with us, but it appeared they lacked close monitoring of their inventory.He finally locates the car after making us wait for almost an hour for the test drive.During which #2 tells me the car is not cerifiable.We were upset because the very purpose of us making this trip was because #1 told us all the cars are certified and that the price is inclusive of CPO-ing.Slowly we realized the baiting-game #1 played on us.
We come back after the TD to be greeted by the original salesperson.He looked surprised when we told him what we found out about the certification.He made up some excuse and started with the negotiation process.Our initial offer was a little low, but hey, who doesnt like a good deal? He apparently was in ahurry or some, he just got up and left.It was so rude of him after making us unnecessarily wait.We were interested in another car and wanted to bump the offer, but his attitude was a complete turn-off for me and my wife.
#2 didnt even do anything to help.

I STRONGLY recommend not going to this dealership.Say "NO" to Markel BMW, OMAHA.

06 e90 - 103k(retired) packages - Prem., CWP and grin ear to ear.

Last edited by suju; 06-27-2008 at 02:15 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:15 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2007 530xiT
Quote:
Originally Posted by coontie View Post
So, I take my car to Flow BMW (the one that's on Peters Creek Pkwy, in Winston-Salem) to have my tire looked at. Sitting in the lounge, reading my book. A pleasant looking fellow comes out.

I'm a little apprehensive but follow anyway. Racking my brain, trying to figure out what I did wrong. I don't have a chip in my car or anything, everything is stock... Walk into his office. Dimly lit, there's another dour-looking dude sitting in the corner. He's not smiling, kind of gives me a menacing stare.

- Have a seat.

Ookay then. I sit down.

I go, "HUH?"

- ARE YOU COONTIE?

I stammer, "Uh.. no." (OK, I wasn't gonna crack on the first question! Once the cattleprods were to come out, maybe then but surely not immediately. Plus, I think I'd be less flabbergasted if he had said, "We have a new M3 we don't need, it's your to keep.")

Then, he takes out a manila folder and (looking at it upside-down), it's full of my bimmerfest print-outs, certain passages highlighted. He takes a page out.

- It says here you once referred to buying a car at our dealership as "like being sodomized with a broomstick."

I squirm a little and go, "So, you have your own little Gestapo research unit, is that it?"

The sullen-looking dude in the corner (at this point they got the whole good cop/bad cop production thing going on here) says, "We don't like it when people maliciously slander our dealership."

I kinda stammer.. "Well, it wasn't slander, really, I just told people the truth. I didn't like being treated like an idiot by your saleswoman, it just wasn't a pleasant experience. Especially that when I offered $1k over ED invoice to your sales lady over there, she laughed in my face and said she's worked for 15 years and never did ED and no way would I get a 3yr lease for less than $700/month. I then went to Ricki in NY @ DiFeo and leased my car in 10 mins! For the price I wanted! AND! She didn't laugh in my face! So, how about that?!"

I go, "what?!"

He says (taking another post from the folder) - right here, you said, "There's a Dunkin Donuts across the street, you can wait there during service."

I'm like, "Ok. SO?" (trying to see if these two really, REALLY hate Dunkin Donuts for some reason. They didn't look like it though.)

(cue in the bad cop)

- Well, when you go buy a donut that costs $3.50, do you offer them three dollars?!

I go, "A car is not a donut, first of all. Second of all, if you're so concerned about good image, why not just offer people fair prices, instead of putting on a whole dog & pony show?"

He says, "Because buying a car is like buying a horse. People have been doing it for centuries. It's called, 'NEGOTIATION.'"

I'm like, "Well, why would you waste my time in the name of this 'negotiation' instead of just selling it for a fair price and be done with it?"

Anyway, this "Waiting for Godot"-like back & forth theater continues for a little bit. Then the bad cop says, "OK, if you hate us so much, you can't come here any longer" or some such thing. I took my book and left, basically.
___

Thinking about it for a bit, I'm sure they were gunning for me for a while. I'm stunned that a dealership would have this Stasi-like group of people, trying to flush out whoever's posting bad reviews about them.

WOW The BMW dealership Gestapo really does exist.
2007 530xiT -- Titanium Silver / Black Dakota / Nav / PP / Step / Sirius / HD / CWP / CA /Rear shades / 2 Diono Monterey Booster Seats in Pink :>) / Hüper Optik tint -- Ordered 08/19/06 -- Delivered 10/17/06 -- 59 days order to delivery.

"Money is a strange business. People who haven't got it aim at it strongly. People who have it are full of troubles." -- Ayrton Senna

BMW CCA Member
Old 06-27-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonomaDriver View Post

I'd have a hard time taking such a lame interrogation seriously though
Heh. Now I know what spies have going through their heads when their covers are blown.

I swear, it was BEYOND surreal. I felt like any minute they were going to put a hood over my head & haul me off to some sub-basement BMW dungeon, where leather-clad S&M dudes would go medieval on my ass, Pulp Fiction style.

Whatever. I don't really wanna say any more bad stuff about them because they know where I live now.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Power View Post
Wow, that is incredible. Don't they think you are going to post what happened?
Good question. They were probably so pissed that they didn't care.

It's kind of funny because the last time I felt like this when I got a Saturday detention from my HS vice-principal for being late to English AP 5 times in a row.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Need a Toyota?

Mein Auto: Prius 5
Quote:

- Have a seat.

Ookay then. I sit down.

I go, "HUH?"

- ARE YOU COONTIE?

I go, "what?!"

(cue in the bad cop)

___

AWESOME!!!

That is one of the coolest Bimmerfest stories ever. The GM actually asked you if you said, "- It says here you once referred to buying a car at our dealership as "like being sodomized with a broomstick."?

I wish I could have watched this in person.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:21 PM

Mein Auto: monaco 335-e92 step
Sounds like these guys should spend less time on the web and more working on their image.

I think its time we ask the mods to put the .robots index filter on these webpages.

Last edited by 335e92tx; 06-27-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:

- Have a seat.

Ookay then. I sit down.

I go, "HUH?"

- ARE YOU COONTIE?

I go, "what?!"

(cue in the bad cop)

___

I still say I would have told them to F-off. However, having thought for a moment, perhaps you should consider contacting BMWNA about this? I suspect they would strongly frown on dealers behaving like this........despite what you may have said on the internet using your 1st Amendment rights.
2015 435i ///M Sport | Alpine White | Coral Red | 19" | Auto | Cold Weather | Driver Assistance | Dynamic Handling | Lighting | Premium | Technology | M-Sport Brakes | Rear Sunshade | HK | Leather Dashboard | MPPK | MPE | Leather Dashboard BMWCCA #409820
2009 335i E92
2008 335i E92
Old 06-27-2008, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwheeling View Post
AWESOME!!!

That is one of the coolest Bimmerfest stories ever. The GM actually asked you if you said, "- It says here you once referred to buying a car at our dealership as "like being sodomized with a broomstick."?

I wish I could have watched this in person.
Yes!

Here's the quote in question:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...61&postcount=2

That was in Feb 07!! So, these guys were trying to suss me out for 6 months now!
Old 06-27-2008, 02:26 PM

Mein Auto: 330i, Mazda6, R90/6 R60/5
Quote:
Good question. They were probably so pissed that they didn't care.

It's kind of funny because the last time I felt like this when I got a Saturday detention from my HS vice-principal for being late to English AP 5 times in a row.
Why did you go back to them in the first place?
Old 06-27-2008, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAP8 View Post
I still say I would have told them to F-off. However, having thought for a moment, perhaps you should consider contacting BMWNA about this? I suspect they would strongly frown on dealers behaving like this........despite what you may have said on the internet using your 1st Amendment rights.
I did call BMWNA. They said that every dealership is independently owned and there's nothing they can do.

That's ok. I don't really feel like going back there. After getting this Gitmo-like treatment... No, thanks.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:27 PM
Not a Bimmer driver anymo

Mein Auto: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Great news -- at least you can give them all "1" on the service visit, and f*ck up their residuals or bonuses or whatever they get that cause them to plead for that '5'.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 335i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335e92tx View Post
Sounds like these guys should spend less time on the web and more working on their image.

I think its time we ask the mods to put the .robots index filter on these webpages.
+ 1

I may live in Germany now, but if I ever live in your neck of the woods, I will never buy a car from them.. and oh do I make plenty of dough that they'd just love to have. Eventually some of the more rude BMW dealers in the states are going to realize that they're just selling cars, nothing more. You're a CAR SALESMAN. Sell me a car and STFU.
Sport Pkg
Premium Pkg
Cold Wx Pkg
Navi
Ipod
Auto tranny /w paddles
PDC
Old 06-27-2008, 02:33 PM

Mein Auto: Late '07 335 Coupe
Quote:
. I felt like any minute they were going to put a hood over my head & haul me off to some sub-basement BMW dungeon, where leather-clad S&M dudes would go medieval on my ass, Pulp Fiction style.
I think you actually mean Formula 1 (or FIA) style don't you. Maybe these guys can find out who caught Max with his pants down.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:36 PM

Mein Auto: '14 335i 6MT
Quote:
Yes!

Here's the quote in question:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...61&postcount=2

That was in Feb 07!! So, these guys were trying to suss me out for 6 months now!
So how did they connect the dots and figure out your BF identity?

09.16.13 European Delivery

Past:
2011 335i Coupe 6MT (ED)
2010 135i Vert 6MT (ED)
2007 335i Coupe 6MT (ED)

2006 325i Sedan 6MT
Old 06-27-2008, 02:38 PM
World Traveller Forever

Mein Auto: 1992 BMW 325ic M Technic

some real a$$holes you have there. Good riddance...

"Swimming with the sharks" All over this World...I'll see you in the next one.,,yeahhhh.... AND DON"T BE LATE,,,, DON"T BE LAAATTEE!
Old 06-27-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwac View Post
Easy. Last week I posted a question asking whether runflats can be repaired. People chimed in, said basically, "no." I replied saying I'm just gonna take it to a dealer to have them look at it.

At that point, all they had to do was sit & wait until some dude shows up with a nail in his tire and that's it. That's the rat!

The most amazing thing is that my original "broomstick" post was made over six months ago and apparently they had nothing better to do than lay there in wait for my arrival.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Need a Toyota?

Mein Auto: Prius 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwac View Post
Not too hard I imagine. If you check his profile, he lives in NC, has tried to buy a 335 from them and his name is Zach.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325ic a beer View Post
some real a$$holes you have there. Good riddance...
In all honesty, it was the creepy dude in the shadowy corner that was kinda freaking me out. The General Manager seemed like a pretty nice fellow. He actually said he cares about his image, wants to improve it, they'd rather have local people buy local, etc.

But the other dude (the one playing the bad cop) was a whole 'nother story. He was the one talking about horses, houses and Dunkin Donuts.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:46 PM
BMWcoholic

Mein Auto: E90 M3
I'd have a tough time not telling them to go f*#@ themselves. I read your post. Trust me I've said way worse about my local dealer but they took the high road with me and it worked. You catually complimented them about a bunch of things.

Now I trust my dealer and deal with them regularly. We have a very positive relationship and I recommend them to others because they went out of their way to find out why I was flaming them and they did their best to correct it. Thats a professional approach that BMW would endorse. I got the same crap from BMW about the dealers. So they don't have any control over their distribution nertwork? For a company so focused on brand image I find that hard to believe.

Part of being in retail is taking sh1t from customers, doesn't matter if they don't like it. Who exactly do they think they are? They should be asking you what they did wrong and how they can correct it. Maybe apoligize for coming off so arrogant and seeing it from your side.

Those d1cks shouldn't have a franchise.

What a bunch of a$$hats.

Last edited by jbeene; 06-27-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeene View Post
I'd have a tough time not telling them to go f*#@ themselves.

BMW Corporate should hear about this. Part of being in retail is taking sh1t from customers, doesn't matter if they don't like it.

I'm not sure BMW would be too happy with this kind of heavy handed treatment. Who exactly do they think they are? They should be asking you what they did wrong and how they can correct it.

I was having all kinds of issues with my local dealer, the approach they took was what are your concerns, how can we rectify them etc. Now I trust them and deal with them regularly. We have a very positive relationship now and I recommend them to others because they went out of their way to find out why I was flaming them and they did their best to correct it. Thats a professional approach that BMW would endorse.

Those d1cks shouldn't have a franchise.

What a bunch of a$$hats.
I couldn't agree more. I would have used more expletives in that room than they have ever heard in their life. That is no way to run a business. :asshole:
2009 335i E92
2008 335i E92