Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-27-2008, 01:49 PM
zoltrix zoltrix is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: EMEA
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,527
Mein Auto: BMW
Angry Oh, you're NOT going to believe what just happened to me..

So, I take my car to Flow BMW (the one that's on Peters Creek Pkwy, in Winston-Salem) to have my tire looked at. Sitting in the lounge, reading my book. A pleasant looking fellow comes out.

- Hi, I'm the general manager, please come with me.

I'm a little apprehensive but follow anyway. Racking my brain, trying to figure out what I did wrong. I don't have a chip in my car or anything, everything is stock... Walk into his office. Dimly lit, there's another dour-looking dude sitting in the corner. He's not smiling, kind of gives me a menacing stare.

- Have a seat.

Ookay then. I sit down.

- Is your alias c-o-o-n-t-i-e on bimmerfest?

I go, "HUH?"

- ARE YOU COONTIE?

I stammer, "Uh.. no." (OK, I wasn't gonna crack on the first question! Once the cattleprods were to come out, maybe then but surely not immediately. Plus, I think I'd be less flabbergasted if he had said, "We have a new M3 we don't need, it's your to keep.")

- Well, we have a reason to believe you are.

Then, he takes out a manila folder and (looking at it upside-down), it's full of my bimmerfest print-outs, certain passages highlighted. He takes a page out.

- It says here you once referred to buying a car at our dealership as "like being sodomized with a broomstick."

I squirm a little and go, "So, you have your own little Gestapo research unit, is that it?"

The sullen-looking dude in the corner (at this point they got the whole good cop/bad cop production thing going on here) says, "We don't like it when people maliciously slander our dealership."

I kinda stammer.. "Well, it wasn't slander, really, I just told people the truth. I didn't like being treated like an idiot by your saleswoman, it just wasn't a pleasant experience. Especially that when I offered $1k over ED invoice to your sales lady over there, she laughed in my face and said she's worked for 15 years and never did ED and no way would I get a 3yr lease for less than $700/month. I then went to Ricki in NY @ DiFeo and leased my car in 10 mins! For the price I wanted! AND! She didn't laugh in my face! So, how about that?!"

The good cop says, "So, you like Dunkin Donuts?"

I go, "what?!"

He says (taking another post from the folder) - right here, you said, "There's a Dunkin Donuts across the street, you can wait there during service."

I'm like, "Ok. SO?" (trying to see if these two really, REALLY hate Dunkin Donuts for some reason. They didn't look like it though.)

(cue in the bad cop)

- Well, when you go buy a donut that costs $3.50, do you offer them three dollars?!

I go, "A car is not a donut, first of all. Second of all, if you're so concerned about good image, why not just offer people fair prices, instead of putting on a whole dog & pony show?"

He says, "Because buying a car is like buying a horse. People have been doing it for centuries. It's called, 'NEGOTIATION.'"

I'm like, "Well, why would you waste my time in the name of this 'negotiation' instead of just selling it for a fair price and be done with it?"

Anyway, this "Waiting for Godot"-like back & forth theater continues for a little bit. Then the bad cop says, "OK, if you hate us so much, you can't come here any longer" or some such thing. I took my book and left, basically.
___

Thinking about it for a bit, I'm sure they were gunning for me for a while. I'm stunned that a dealership would have this Stasi-like group of people, trying to flush out whoever's posting bad reviews about them.

What do you guys think? Incredible, eh?

[Note from Moderator: The owner of the dealership, Mr. Don Flow, first replies to the OP in post #835.]

Last edited by Emission; 07-12-2008 at 10:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 06-27-2008, 01:53 PM
BMW Power's Avatar
BMW Power BMW Power is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Boston, MA
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,503
Mein Auto: 2012 X5 35d
Wow, that is incredible. Don't they think you are going to post what happened?
__________________
2012 X5 35d DSB - Prem, SAV, Cold, Sound, Tech packages, Apps Delivered 6/6/12

Retired 2011 335d AW, M Sport, Premium and Convenience pkg, Heated Seats, Nav, HK, iPod/USB, smart phone. ED 8/31/10

Retired 2008 335i Coupe 6-speed Manual, Montego Blue, Sport, Premium, CW, Nav, PDC, AS, Shade, HD, Sat, Ipod/USB, Logic 7, CA
PCD 11/07

Retired 2004 545i Sapphire Black/Black 6-speed Manual, Sport.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-27-2008, 01:54 PM
SonomaDriver's Avatar
SonomaDriver SonomaDriver is offline
BigTime Defender
Location: Sonoma Co Calif (NoCal)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 306
Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35d
Thats wild! If I dimed out my local dealership, I'd be toast given my screen name on this site as well as the description of my car. It would take them about 30 secs to figure out who I was.

BTW its not defamation (libel or slander) if its the truth. Sounds like the dealership sucks and you did well to get your BMW elsewhere.

I'd have a hard time taking such a lame interrogation seriously though
__________________
************
Current Ride
2011 X5 35d
Sapphire w/Beige Leather
Premium, Cold Weather, Technology, Premium Sound, and Sport
Packages. 19" wheels, LUX H8 v3 DRL Upgrade

Former and Missed BMW
2008 335i Coupe
ZPP,ZSP, 6FL, 4AS, 2XA, Sirius, Nav, Heated Seats
-MINE on 3/16/08
-Space Grey Metallic w/Grey Dakota Leather
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:00 PM
KAP8's Avatar
KAP8 KAP8 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Leesburg, VA
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,943
Mein Auto: Alpinweiss F32
You are a finer gentleman than I am. I would have told them where to kiss me and walked out. I assure you that the conversation would have gone like this.......
__________________
2015 435i ///M Sport | Alpine White | Coral Red | 19" | Auto | Cold Weather | Driver Assistance | Dynamic Handling | Lighting | Premium | Technology | M-Sport Brakes | Rear Sunshade | HK | Leather Dashboard | MPPK | MPE | Leather Dashboard BMWCCA #409820
PCD: 10/31/2014
2009 335i E92
2008 335i E92
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:08 PM
jdoug jdoug is offline
Registered User
Location: Raleigh NC
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 30
Mein Auto: 01 525it and 02 M3
Thanks for posting. I'll be sure to steer clear of Flow.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:10 PM
suju suju is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: US
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 178
Mein Auto: 328xi coupe
Unbelievable ! Hope you have better luck with the next one you go to.I have had a very bad experience while i was bimmer shopping.
Venue: Markel BMW, Omaha(50 miles from my home - Lincoln).
Background: I went to the dealership with my wife after enquiring about the CPO 3-series from their inventory.The salesperson(#1) on the phone confirms the ones i was interested were indeed, certified(CPO).
Scene :The salesperson(#1) is no where to be found.So some other chum(#2) tries to help us.We had the stock ids with us, but it appeared they lacked close monitoring of their inventory.He finally locates the car after making us wait for almost an hour for the test drive.During which #2 tells me the car is not cerifiable.We were upset because the very purpose of us making this trip was because #1 told us all the cars are certified and that the price is inclusive of CPO-ing.Slowly we realized the baiting-game #1 played on us.
We come back after the TD to be greeted by the original salesperson.He looked surprised when we told him what we found out about the certification.He made up some excuse and started with the negotiation process.Our initial offer was a little low, but hey, who doesnt like a good deal? He apparently was in ahurry or some, he just got up and left.It was so rude of him after making us unnecessarily wait.We were interested in another car and wanted to bump the offer, but his attitude was a complete turn-off for me and my wife.
#2 didnt even do anything to help.

I STRONGLY recommend not going to this dealership.Say "NO" to Markel BMW, OMAHA.
__________________
07 e92 packages - Prem., Sports, CWP and grin ear to ear.

06 e90 - 103k(retired) packages - Prem., CWP and grin ear to ear.

Last edited by suju; 06-27-2008 at 02:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:15 PM
Billd104's Avatar
Billd104 Billd104 is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: Warm
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,970
Mein Auto: 2007 530xiT
Quote:
Originally Posted by coontie View Post
So, I take my car to Flow BMW (the one that's on Peters Creek Pkwy, in Winston-Salem) to have my tire looked at. Sitting in the lounge, reading my book. A pleasant looking fellow comes out.

- Hi, I'm the general manager, please come with me.

I'm a little apprehensive but follow anyway. Racking my brain, trying to figure out what I did wrong. I don't have a chip in my car or anything, everything is stock... Walk into his office. Dimly lit, there's another dour-looking dude sitting in the corner. He's not smiling, kind of gives me a menacing stare.

- Have a seat.

Ookay then. I sit down.

- Is your alias c-o-o-n-t-i-e on bimmerfest?

I go, "HUH?"

- ARE YOU COONTIE?

I stammer, "Uh.. no." (OK, I wasn't gonna crack on the first question! Once the cattleprods were to come out, maybe then but surely not immediately. Plus, I think I'd be less flabbergasted if he had said, "We have a new M3 we don't need, it's your to keep.")

- Well, we have a reason to believe you are.

Then, he takes out a manila folder and (looking at it upside-down), it's full of my bimmerfest print-outs, certain passages highlighted. He takes a page out.

- It says here you once referred to buying a car at our dealership as "like being sodomized with a broomstick."

I squirm a little and go, "So, you have your own little Gestapo research unit, is that it?"

The sullen-looking dude in the corner (at this point they got the whole good cop/bad cop production thing going on here) says, "We don't like it when people maliciously slander our dealership."

I kinda stammer.. "Well, it wasn't slander, really, I just told people the truth. I didn't like being treated like an idiot by your saleswoman, it just wasn't a pleasant experience. Especially that when I offered $1k over ED invoice to your sales lady over there, she laughed in my face and said she's worked for 15 years and never did ED and no way would I get a 3yr lease for less than $700/month. I then went to Ricki in NY @ DiFeo and leased my car in 10 mins! For the price I wanted! AND! She didn't laugh in my face! So, how about that?!"

The good cop says, "So, you like Dunkin Donuts?"

I go, "what?!"

He says (taking another post from the folder) - right here, you said, "There's a Dunkin Donuts across the street, you can wait there during service."

I'm like, "Ok. SO?" (trying to see if these two really, REALLY hate Dunkin Donuts for some reason. They didn't look like it though.)

(cue in the bad cop)

- Well, when you go buy a donut that costs $3.50, do you offer them three dollars?!

I go, "A car is not a donut, first of all. Second of all, if you're so concerned about good image, why not just offer people fair prices, instead of putting on a whole dog & pony show?"

He says, "Because buying a car is like buying a horse. People have been doing it for centuries. It's called, 'NEGOTIATION.'"

I'm like, "Well, why would you waste my time in the name of this 'negotiation' instead of just selling it for a fair price and be done with it?"

Anyway, this "Waiting for Godot"-like back & forth theater continues for a little bit. Then the bad cop says, "OK, if you hate us so much, you can't come here any longer" or some such thing. I took my book and left, basically.
___

Thinking about it for a bit, I'm sure they were gunning for me for a while. I'm stunned that a dealership would have this Stasi-like group of people, trying to flush out whoever's posting bad reviews about them.

What do you guys think? Incredible, eh?

WOW The BMW dealership Gestapo really does exist.
__________________
2007 530xiT -- Titanium Silver / Black Dakota / Nav / PP / Step / Sirius / HD / CWP / CA /Rear shades / 2 Diono Monterey Booster Seats in Pink :>) / Hüper Optik tint -- Ordered 08/19/06 -- Delivered 10/17/06 -- 59 days order to delivery.

"Money is a strange business. People who haven't got it aim at it strongly. People who have it are full of troubles." -- Ayrton Senna


BMW CCA Member
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:15 PM
zoltrix zoltrix is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: EMEA
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,527
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonomaDriver View Post

I'd have a hard time taking such a lame interrogation seriously though
Heh. Now I know what spies have going through their heads when their covers are blown.

I swear, it was BEYOND surreal. I felt like any minute they were going to put a hood over my head & haul me off to some sub-basement BMW dungeon, where leather-clad S&M dudes would go medieval on my ass, Pulp Fiction style.

Whatever. I don't really wanna say any more bad stuff about them because they know where I live now.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:19 PM
zoltrix zoltrix is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: EMEA
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,527
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Power View Post
Wow, that is incredible. Don't they think you are going to post what happened?
Good question. They were probably so pissed that they didn't care.

It's kind of funny because the last time I felt like this when I got a Saturday detention from my HS vice-principal for being late to English AP 5 times in a row.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:19 PM
cjwheeling's Avatar
cjwheeling cjwheeling is offline
Need a Toyota?
Location: Ramona (San Diego), CA
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,541
Mein Auto: Prius 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by coontie View Post
So, I take my car to Flow BMW (the one that's on Peters Creek Pkwy, in Winston-Salem) to have my tire looked at. Sitting in the lounge, reading my book. A pleasant looking fellow comes out.

- Hi, I'm the general manager, please come with me.

I'm a little apprehensive but follow anyway. Racking my brain, trying to figure out what I did wrong. I don't have a chip in my car or anything, everything is stock... Walk into his office. Dimly lit, there's another dour-looking dude sitting in the corner. He's not smiling, kind of gives me a menacing stare.

- Have a seat.

Ookay then. I sit down.

- Is your alias c-o-o-n-t-i-e on bimmerfest?

I go, "HUH?"

- ARE YOU COONTIE?

I stammer, "Uh.. no." (OK, I wasn't gonna crack on the first question! Once the cattleprods were to come out, maybe then but surely not immediately. Plus, I think I'd be less flabbergasted if he had said, "We have a new M3 we don't need, it's your to keep.")

- Well, we have a reason to believe you are.

Then, he takes out a manila folder and (looking at it upside-down), it's full of my bimmerfest print-outs, certain passages highlighted. He takes a page out.

- It says here you once referred to buying a car at our dealership as "like being sodomized with a broomstick."

I squirm a little and go, "So, you have your own little Gestapo research unit, is that it?"

The sullen-looking dude in the corner (at this point they got the whole good cop/bad cop production thing going on here) says, "We don't like it when people maliciously slander our dealership."

I kinda stammer.. "Well, it wasn't slander, really, I just told people the truth. I didn't like being treated like an idiot by your saleswoman, it just wasn't a pleasant experience. Especially that when I offered $1k over ED invoice to your sales lady over there, she laughed in my face and said she's worked for 15 years and never did ED and no way would I get a 3yr lease for less than $700/month. I then went to Ricki in NY @ DiFeo and leased my car in 10 mins! For the price I wanted! AND! She didn't laugh in my face! So, how about that?!"

The good cop says, "So, you like Dunkin Donuts?"

I go, "what?!"

He says (taking another post from the folder) - right here, you said, "There's a Dunkin Donuts across the street, you can wait there during service."

I'm like, "Ok. SO?" (trying to see if these two really, REALLY hate Dunkin Donuts for some reason. They didn't look like it though.)

(cue in the bad cop)

- Well, when you go buy a donut that costs $3.50, do you offer them three dollars?!

I go, "A car is not a donut, first of all. Second of all, if you're so concerned about good image, why not just offer people fair prices, instead of putting on a whole dog & pony show?"

He says, "Because buying a car is like buying a horse. People have been doing it for centuries. It's called, 'NEGOTIATION.'"

I'm like, "Well, why would you waste my time in the name of this 'negotiation' instead of just selling it for a fair price and be done with it?"

Anyway, this "Waiting for Godot"-like back & forth theater continues for a little bit. Then the bad cop says, "OK, if you hate us so much, you can't come here any longer" or some such thing. I took my book and left, basically.
___

Thinking about it for a bit, I'm sure they were gunning for me for a while. I'm stunned that a dealership would have this Stasi-like group of people, trying to flush out whoever's posting bad reviews about them.

What do you guys think? Incredible, eh?
AWESOME!!!

That is one of the coolest Bimmerfest stories ever. The GM actually asked you if you said, "- It says here you once referred to buying a car at our dealership as "like being sodomized with a broomstick."?

I wish I could have watched this in person.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:21 PM
335e92tx 335e92tx is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Texas
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 164
Mein Auto: monaco 335-e92 step
Sounds like these guys should spend less time on the web and more working on their image.

I think its time we ask the mods to put the .robots index filter on these webpages.
__________________

Last edited by 335e92tx; 06-27-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:24 PM
KAP8's Avatar
KAP8 KAP8 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Leesburg, VA
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,943
Mein Auto: Alpinweiss F32
Quote:
Originally Posted by coontie View Post
So, I take my car to Flow BMW (the one that's on Peters Creek Pkwy, in Winston-Salem) to have my tire looked at. Sitting in the lounge, reading my book. A pleasant looking fellow comes out.

- Hi, I'm the general manager, please come with me.

I'm a little apprehensive but follow anyway. Racking my brain, trying to figure out what I did wrong. I don't have a chip in my car or anything, everything is stock... Walk into his office. Dimly lit, there's another dour-looking dude sitting in the corner. He's not smiling, kind of gives me a menacing stare.

- Have a seat.

Ookay then. I sit down.

- Is your alias c-o-o-n-t-i-e on bimmerfest?

I go, "HUH?"

- ARE YOU COONTIE?

I stammer, "Uh.. no." (OK, I wasn't gonna crack on the first question! Once the cattleprods were to come out, maybe then but surely not immediately. Plus, I think I'd be less flabbergasted if he had said, "We have a new M3 we don't need, it's your to keep.")

- Well, we have a reason to believe you are.

Then, he takes out a manila folder and (looking at it upside-down), it's full of my bimmerfest print-outs, certain passages highlighted. He takes a page out.

- It says here you once referred to buying a car at our dealership as "like being sodomized with a broomstick."

I squirm a little and go, "So, you have your own little Gestapo research unit, is that it?"

The sullen-looking dude in the corner (at this point they got the whole good cop/bad cop production thing going on here) says, "We don't like it when people maliciously slander our dealership."

I kinda stammer.. "Well, it wasn't slander, really, I just told people the truth. I didn't like being treated like an idiot by your saleswoman, it just wasn't a pleasant experience. Especially that when I offered $1k over ED invoice to your sales lady over there, she laughed in my face and said she's worked for 15 years and never did ED and no way would I get a 3yr lease for less than $700/month. I then went to Ricki in NY @ DiFeo and leased my car in 10 mins! For the price I wanted! AND! She didn't laugh in my face! So, how about that?!"

The good cop says, "So, you like Dunkin Donuts?"

I go, "what?!"

He says (taking another post from the folder) - right here, you said, "There's a Dunkin Donuts across the street, you can wait there during service."

I'm like, "Ok. SO?" (trying to see if these two really, REALLY hate Dunkin Donuts for some reason. They didn't look like it though.)

(cue in the bad cop)

- Well, when you go buy a donut that costs $3.50, do you offer them three dollars?!

I go, "A car is not a donut, first of all. Second of all, if you're so concerned about good image, why not just offer people fair prices, instead of putting on a whole dog & pony show?"

He says, "Because buying a car is like buying a horse. People have been doing it for centuries. It's called, 'NEGOTIATION.'"

I'm like, "Well, why would you waste my time in the name of this 'negotiation' instead of just selling it for a fair price and be done with it?"

Anyway, this "Waiting for Godot"-like back & forth theater continues for a little bit. Then the bad cop says, "OK, if you hate us so much, you can't come here any longer" or some such thing. I took my book and left, basically.
___

Thinking about it for a bit, I'm sure they were gunning for me for a while. I'm stunned that a dealership would have this Stasi-like group of people, trying to flush out whoever's posting bad reviews about them.

What do you guys think? Incredible, eh?

I still say I would have told them to F-off. However, having thought for a moment, perhaps you should consider contacting BMWNA about this? I suspect they would strongly frown on dealers behaving like this........despite what you may have said on the internet using your 1st Amendment rights.
__________________
2015 435i ///M Sport | Alpine White | Coral Red | 19" | Auto | Cold Weather | Driver Assistance | Dynamic Handling | Lighting | Premium | Technology | M-Sport Brakes | Rear Sunshade | HK | Leather Dashboard | MPPK | MPE | Leather Dashboard BMWCCA #409820
PCD: 10/31/2014
2009 335i E92
2008 335i E92
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:25 PM
zoltrix zoltrix is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: EMEA
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,527
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwheeling View Post
AWESOME!!!

That is one of the coolest Bimmerfest stories ever. The GM actually asked you if you said, "- It says here you once referred to buying a car at our dealership as "like being sodomized with a broomstick."?

I wish I could have watched this in person.
Yes!

Here's the quote in question:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...61&postcount=2

That was in Feb 07!! So, these guys were trying to suss me out for 6 months now!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:26 PM
BLT's Avatar
BLT BLT is offline
.
Location: Sierra foothills
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,835
Mein Auto: 330i, Mazda6, R90/6 R60/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by coontie View Post
Good question. They were probably so pissed that they didn't care.

It's kind of funny because the last time I felt like this when I got a Saturday detention from my HS vice-principal for being late to English AP 5 times in a row.
Why did you go back to them in the first place?
__________________
Drama queens don't wear panties.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:27 PM
zoltrix zoltrix is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: EMEA
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,527
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAP8 View Post
I still say I would have told them to F-off. However, having thought for a moment, perhaps you should consider contacting BMWNA about this? I suspect they would strongly frown on dealers behaving like this........despite what you may have said on the internet using your 1st Amendment rights.
I did call BMWNA. They said that every dealership is independently owned and there's nothing they can do.

That's ok. I don't really feel like going back there. After getting this Gitmo-like treatment... No, thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:27 PM
Gig103's Avatar
Gig103 Gig103 is offline
Not a Bimmer driver anymo
Location: Gilbert, AZ
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,719
Mein Auto: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
Great news -- at least you can give them all "1" on the service visit, and f*ck up their residuals or bonuses or whatever they get that cause them to plead for that '5'.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:28 PM
mattspalace mattspalace is offline
Registered User
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 65
Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 335i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335e92tx View Post
Sounds like these guys should spend less time on the web and more working on their image.

I think its time we ask the mods to put the .robots index filter on these webpages.
+ 1

I may live in Germany now, but if I ever live in your neck of the woods, I will never buy a car from them.. and oh do I make plenty of dough that they'd just love to have. Eventually some of the more rude BMW dealers in the states are going to realize that they're just selling cars, nothing more. You're a CAR SALESMAN. Sell me a car and STFU.
__________________
2008 E90 335i
Monaco Blue
Terra Leather
Sport Pkg
Premium Pkg
Cold Wx Pkg
Navi
Ipod
Auto tranny /w paddles
PDC
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:33 PM
x986 x986 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NorCal (Marin Co.)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 650
Mein Auto: Late '07 335 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by coontie View Post
. I felt like any minute they were going to put a hood over my head & haul me off to some sub-basement BMW dungeon, where leather-clad S&M dudes would go medieval on my ass, Pulp Fiction style.
I think you actually mean Formula 1 (or FIA) style don't you. Maybe these guys can find out who caught Max with his pants down.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:36 PM
jwac's Avatar
jwac jwac is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,680
Mein Auto: '14 335i 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by coontie View Post
Yes!

Here's the quote in question:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...61&postcount=2

That was in Feb 07!! So, these guys were trying to suss me out for 6 months now!
So how did they connect the dots and figure out your BF identity?
__________________
2014 335i Sedan 6MT
Estoril Blue | Black leather | Dark Burl Walnut
M Sport | Premium | Driver Assistance Plus | Technology | Dynamic Handling | Cold Weather | 19" 403M Wheels | M Sport Brakes | Harman Kardon | Rear Window Shades | Auto High Beams

09.16.13 European Delivery

Past:
2011 335i Coupe 6MT (ED)
2010 135i Vert 6MT (ED)
2007 335i Coupe 6MT (ED)

2006 325i Sedan 6MT
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:38 PM
325ic a beer's Avatar
325ic a beer 325ic a beer is offline
World Traveller Forever
Location: Los Angeles California
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,564
Mein Auto: 1992 BMW 325ic M Technic
...

some real a$$holes you have there. Good riddance...
__________________
325ic a beer

"Swimming with the sharks" All over this World...I'll see you in the next one.,,yeahhhh.... AND DON"T BE LATE,,,, DON"T BE LAAATTEE!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:43 PM
zoltrix zoltrix is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: EMEA
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,527
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwac View Post
So how did they connect the dots and figure out your BF identity?
Easy. Last week I posted a question asking whether runflats can be repaired. People chimed in, said basically, "no." I replied saying I'm just gonna take it to a dealer to have them look at it.

At that point, all they had to do was sit & wait until some dude shows up with a nail in his tire and that's it. That's the rat!

The most amazing thing is that my original "broomstick" post was made over six months ago and apparently they had nothing better to do than lay there in wait for my arrival.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:43 PM
cjwheeling's Avatar
cjwheeling cjwheeling is offline
Need a Toyota?
Location: Ramona (San Diego), CA
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,541
Mein Auto: Prius 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwac View Post
So how did they connect the dots and figure out your BF identity?
Not too hard I imagine. If you check his profile, he lives in NC, has tried to buy a 335 from them and his name is Zach.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:45 PM
zoltrix zoltrix is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: EMEA
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,527
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325ic a beer View Post
some real a$$holes you have there. Good riddance...
In all honesty, it was the creepy dude in the shadowy corner that was kinda freaking me out. The General Manager seemed like a pretty nice fellow. He actually said he cares about his image, wants to improve it, they'd rather have local people buy local, etc.

But the other dude (the one playing the bad cop) was a whole 'nother story. He was the one talking about horses, houses and Dunkin Donuts.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:46 PM
jbeene's Avatar
jbeene jbeene is offline
BMWcoholic
Location: Frozen North
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 388
Mein Auto: E90 M3
I'd have a tough time not telling them to go f*#@ themselves. I read your post. Trust me I've said way worse about my local dealer but they took the high road with me and it worked. You catually complimented them about a bunch of things.

Now I trust my dealer and deal with them regularly. We have a very positive relationship and I recommend them to others because they went out of their way to find out why I was flaming them and they did their best to correct it. Thats a professional approach that BMW would endorse. I got the same crap from BMW about the dealers. So they don't have any control over their distribution nertwork? For a company so focused on brand image I find that hard to believe.

Part of being in retail is taking sh1t from customers, doesn't matter if they don't like it. Who exactly do they think they are? They should be asking you what they did wrong and how they can correct it. Maybe apoligize for coming off so arrogant and seeing it from your side.

Those d1cks shouldn't have a franchise.

What a bunch of a$$hats.
__________________
E91 MSport Touring 6 Mt

Last edited by jbeene; 06-27-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-27-2008, 02:52 PM
KAP8's Avatar
KAP8 KAP8 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Leesburg, VA
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,943
Mein Auto: Alpinweiss F32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeene View Post
I'd have a tough time not telling them to go f*#@ themselves.

BMW Corporate should hear about this. Part of being in retail is taking sh1t from customers, doesn't matter if they don't like it.

I'm not sure BMW would be too happy with this kind of heavy handed treatment. Who exactly do they think they are? They should be asking you what they did wrong and how they can correct it.

I was having all kinds of issues with my local dealer, the approach they took was what are your concerns, how can we rectify them etc. Now I trust them and deal with them regularly. We have a very positive relationship now and I recommend them to others because they went out of their way to find out why I was flaming them and they did their best to correct it. Thats a professional approach that BMW would endorse.

Those d1cks shouldn't have a franchise.

What a bunch of a$$hats.
I couldn't agree more. I would have used more expletives in that room than they have ever heard in their life. That is no way to run a business. :asshole:
__________________
2015 435i ///M Sport | Alpine White | Coral Red | 19" | Auto | Cold Weather | Driver Assistance | Dynamic Handling | Lighting | Premium | Technology | M-Sport Brakes | Rear Sunshade | HK | Leather Dashboard | MPPK | MPE | Leather Dashboard BMWCCA #409820
PCD: 10/31/2014
2009 335i E92
2008 335i E92
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms