Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 06-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '14 335i 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by coontie View Post
Easy. Last week I posted a question asking whether runflats can be repaired. People chimed in, said basically, "no." I replied saying I'm just gonna take it to a dealer to have them look at it.

At that point, all they had to do was sit & wait until some dude shows up with a nail in his tire and that's it. That's the rat!

The most amazing thing is that my original "broomstick" post was made over six months ago and apparently they had nothing better to do than lay there in wait for my arrival.
/rant

I hope they learned a lesson from this. And I REALLY hope they're reading this thread. The internet generation is growing up, and airing dirty laundry from a bad purchase experience like this is going to become increasingly common. Slander? No, it's exposing the *********gery that goes on every single day in dealerships across the country. The GM may not have known about his lousy salesperson, but he damn well better do something about it now. They lost a sale, a service customer, and now it's going to cost them a fraction of their image too.

Dealerships had better wake up to the power of the information age. Fewer and fewer people are going to be walking into their showrooms with a "Please screw me" sign taped to their forehead now that invoice prices, lease and finance rates, other transaction fees, AND shopping experiences are easily accessible to anyone.

Anyone remember the guy in SoCal who tried to buy the M3 off eBay from the dealership in Nebraska? (might have the state wrong)

/endrant

09.16.13 European Delivery

Past:
2011 335i Coupe 6MT (ED)
2010 135i Vert 6MT (ED)
2007 335i Coupe 6MT (ED)

2006 325i Sedan 6MT
Old 06-27-2008, 02:00 PM
BMW Fahrer

Mein Auto: E90 M3
Call BMWNA immediately and ask to talk to a customer service manager. Not a regular telephone monkey, but the big cahuna - basically just ask to go up the payscale until you reach the top.

Then tell him/her about this experience, and how displeased you are, and how much you were shocked that a high end brand like BMW can use Hoffa-style tactics and hound and investigate their customers.

Tell them that in order to win a customer back, a business usually has to go an extra mile, not scare them into submission. That never works, as evidenced by your current telephone call.

He will probably try to wriggle from under the responsibility saying that they don't control the dealers, in which case you can tell them that the local paper might be more receptive to hearing this story.

Finally ask to take the customer satisfaction survey and give them all 1's.

Afterwards, open up a complaint with the BBB.
At the very least, also send a letter/email to Roundel - it will get published.

adc
09 M3 Sedan ED
12 MINI Countryman S All4
93 Miata LE
Old 06-27-2008, 02:01 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeene View Post
I'd have a tough time not telling them to go f*#@ themselves. I read your post. Trust me I've said way worse about my local dealer but they took the high road with me and it worked. You catually complimented them about a bunch of things.
I know! That's what's so unbelievable. I obviously didn't remember that at the time but when I look at my post now, it doesn't even sound so bad! I can't believe something so innocuous as a "broomstick sodomy" got their panties all twisted.

Dealership guys -- I know you're reading this -- IT WAS JUST A JOKE! Not to be taken literally.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:03 PM

Mein Auto: '14 335i 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeene View Post
So they don't have any control over their distribution nertwork? For a company so focused on brand image I find that hard to believe.
They do and they don't. The dealerships are independent businesses, and U.S. franchise laws limit the direct control that BMW can have over them. But BMW sets pay based on service scores, they can determine allocations, and pick and choose how they reward - that is a form of control.

It's a love-hate relationship that manufacturers have with their dealers. They hate how the dealers take advantage of people but love how the dealerships are also good at selling their products. Change the balance of that, and service might get better but sales might go down. It's a fine line.

09.16.13 European Delivery

Past:
2011 335i Coupe 6MT (ED)
2010 135i Vert 6MT (ED)
2007 335i Coupe 6MT (ED)

2006 325i Sedan 6MT
Old 06-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Road Goober

Send a message via AIM to Nic3quik
Mein Auto: 2008 335i cp
BOYCOTT!!! They need not push you around with scare tactics. If they wanted to rebuke they should go down the same avenue. Its called feedback, and some will be negative. Run your business right and most will be positive!
Its one thing to "negotiate" and another to make you feel like a moron for even suggesting it. A sales person has to be the bigger person because they are wearing the suit and tie to impress you (and gain YOUR business) while you wear the flip flops and feel comfortable. NOT the other way around.

Here is how it SHOULD have gone:
1. You give sales person an offer.
2. Sales person (whether agrees with offer personally or not) runs to manager and asks for approval.
3. Manager said no, but will offer you X.
4. I don't agree with X, but thank you for your business.

5. You walk away to other dealer to find better price, but sales person calls you back with final (or better offer).

THATS the way negotiation SHOULD be. Not this, "No way we would EVER offer you that price" and make you feel stupid. You are the reason they are even there. PERIOD.

God I'm PISSED!

Last edited by Nic3quik; 06-27-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwac View Post

Dealerships had better wake up to the power of the information age. Fewer and fewer people are going to be walking into their showrooms with a "Please screw me" sign taped to their forehead now that invoice prices, lease and finance rates, other transaction fees, AND shopping experiences are easily accessible to anyone.
I'm starting to remember this episode more clearly. When I called the lady back, I said, "Look. I want an ED E90 335i, with ZSP, ZPP & lemon leather. I know the invoice is X, I want to offer you X + $1k."

There was a long silence on the phone.

The she says, "Where did you get these codes & invoice prices from?" I said, "The internet, obviously." She goes, "I'll call you back." Calls me back and says, "We can knock off $700 off MSRP." I said, "Did you even listen to a word I said? Who cares about MSRP, I want invoice + $1k." Then she launched into her speech about "$700/month is the least she can do, etc... " Basically, not even listening, trying to steer me into the whole "How much per month can you afford" type of a deal. I said "Thanks" and we parted ways.

OH!. Also, the GM was sitting there and then he goes, "You live here but you got your car in NY?!" .... Then he looks at some of my other posts and says, "OH. You did PCD." With this fallen face, undoubtedly cursing the damn Performance Delivery and its tendency to let people buy half way across the country.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 325Ci
This is absolutely amazing.

I'd have to practically go out of state if my local dealership disowned me like this, so I've always felt I'd have to think long & hard before I wrote something bad here. Luckily, they have been terrific to deal with in all respects. I mean, they are above & beyond fantastic. I honestly look forward to every visit, no matter how much it's gonna cost me. I'd give them a 6 if I could.

I don't mention it often enough, come to think of it. How lucky am I???

I think I'll call them up, right now, just to say hello!
Old 06-27-2008, 02:14 PM

Mein Auto: '08 650i 'vert
Quote:
Basically, not even listening, trying to steer me into the whole "How much per month can you afford" type of a deal.
that is the WORST thing to do to a savvy customer who is fully informed. not to mention, it's just such an old-fashioned method and is so tacky, especially at a BMW dealership.

2008 650i 'vert | jet black / saddle brown | 6spd manual | sport pkg / premium sound / comfort access / heated seats / sat radio
Old 06-27-2008, 02:14 PM

Mein Auto: 01 525it and 02 M3
How does it work with NC taxes and tags if you do a PCD but order from an out of state dealer? I'm going to eventually replace my wife's 525it and am thinking about a 335i. PCD from Raleigh would be pretty easy.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:17 PM
*Da Butter Pecan Papi*

Mein Auto: e92 335i
Quote:
Easy. Last week I posted a question asking whether runflats can be repaired. People chimed in, said basically, "no." I replied saying I'm just gonna take it to a dealer to have them look at it.

At that point, all they had to do was sit & wait until some dude shows up with a nail in his tire and that's it. That's the rat!

The most amazing thing is that my original "broomstick" post was made over six months ago and apparently they had nothing better to do than lay there in wait for my arrival.
Those two salesmen you talked to are probably festers too...

*Butter Pecan Papi*
e92 335i
e90 330i (Sold)
e46 323i
e34 530i (Sold)

BMW Car Club of America - National Capital Chapter
Old 06-27-2008, 02:18 PM
BendTheRules/RuleTheBends

Mein Auto: R53 MCS and LR3
I guess they aren't going to get all 5's for this visit when you get the survey....

Can't wait for the "Do you have any other comments about your service visit" question.

R53 '06 MINI Cooper S 6MT, LSD, HyperBlue/Black, SP/PP/CWP, iPod adapter, anthrecite headliner,etc, etc
E90 '06 330i *retired
LR3 '05 HSE V8
E46 '00 328Ci *retired
E36 '95 325is *retired
E21 '83 320i *retired

Last edited by JackMac; 06-27-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 E90 325i
It's kinda funny because it is simpley hard to believe that people would do this. in BMW dealership. in USA. WHAT THE FACK? No really who they think they are??? Honestly get on the phone to BMWNA and complain. That's what I would do. I mean it's one thing speaking up and following up on your rant, another is trying to intimidate you although by sound of it it didnt really work, more like surprised you that it's actually possible to do this.

Really, if you were mad about the previous thing, do something about this one now. At least call up and register your complaint. Who knows, may be you are like 101st person to do it and it will be last strike for these guys. What they did is just not on.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Squeal like a BMW

Mein Auto: 2013 Audi A4
That's insane. Rather than saying "We understand you were unhappy with our sales process so we're going to go out of our way to overwhelm you with our service", they give you the Abu Ghraib treatment? Truly unbelievable, like you should be privileged to be intimidated by these morons.

Hey guys from Flow, you just lost more business than his post from however many months ago ever could have. Nicely done . . .
Old 06-27-2008, 02:23 PM
MT4LIFE

Mein Auto: E92-M3, E90-335
I have heard about FLOW organization, that's what you get from a small redneck operation. - I HOPE YOU READ THAT FLOW!!!

On another hand, this is sort of funny, "come with me"? WTF?
I'd be like, "sure, let me get my gun"
Old 06-27-2008, 02:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 E90 325i
i liked the 'have a seat' part as well. Last time i heard that was... middle school? lolz.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:41 PM

Mein Auto: 89,93,01,07 3s
Well, there's always two sides to a story, huh? Actually three if you believe the old adage of their's his side, our side, and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Here's Flow's side:

Its routine for companies to monitor internet message boards for content about themselves, In today's world, its a good business practice.

The funny thing about "Coontie's" post was that he has never been here and actually worked with a salesman or sales manager with regards to his car purchase, yet he can use broad brush generalizations about Flow's sales process being equal to something with a broomstick. (shrug)

"Coontie" has admitted to taking advantage of the Saturday free car wash, which is reserved for sales customers. He also likes the free coffee, it is pretty good. These items also cost money, which comes from the sales, service, and parts departments.

Today, he asks us to post date the RO on his tire so he can buy tire insurance (elsewhere) to cover a nail in his tire, so he can get it replaced for free. Huh?

Lets be serious here folks. We're very concerned about our reputation and we're going to look into these kinds of posts seriously. We're 7 time Center of Excellence award winners and we have a lot of happy customers and his statements about our sales process are not deserved.

A wise man once said to make your words soft and sweet in case one day you should have to eat them.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:48 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 335i Sedan

This is about to get good.
Sport Pkg
Premium Pkg
Cold Wx Pkg
Navi
Ipod
Auto tranny /w paddles
PDC
Old 06-27-2008, 02:52 PM

Mein Auto: 3er
WOW. And I thought it was bad my (ex) CA said something rude about me that wound up on this site!
I'm moving down there, and will now drive even farther to avoid sh*tty service.
I would have been on the phone with BMW of North America. Preferably over bluetooth, turned all the way up, in one of their demo vehicles in the showroom.
WTF.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:52 PM

Mein Auto: 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc_22 View Post
That's insane. Rather than saying "We understand you were unhappy with our sales process so we're going to go out of our way to overwhelm you with our service", they give you the Abu Ghraib treatment? Truly unbelievable, like you should be privileged to be intimidated by these morons.

Hey guys from Flow, you just lost more business than his post from however many months ago ever could have. Nicely done . . .
+1.

/caveat/ I do not know these guys and rely only on the information you provided /end of caveat/

This is really not a way to treat an unhappy customer. Even if your comments on their sales process were a little graphic (this is the internet), they were fact based and you did praise them on other aspects. Very unprofessional for them to get upset about it. On the contrary, they should go out of their way to figure out why you were unhappy and diagnose their operations.

You can learn a little from happy customers, but you rarely get an occasion to learn from unhappy customers (they just don't come back and you never know about the issue).

In addition, if you can flip someone active in a forum by going out of your way (which may be very small things for them), you can get great viral advocacy.

IMHO, their behavior (as you described it) is similar to that of my 4 year old son.
When I tell him that "no, I will not go out to buy you a professional fishing rod right now (at 8pm)". Just gets angry, shouts and goes to his room.

Good luck!

FM
Old 06-27-2008, 02:54 PM
BendTheRules/RuleTheBends

Mein Auto: R53 MCS and LR3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4BMWFamily View Post
Lets be serious here folks. We're very concerned about our reputation and we're going to look into these kinds of posts seriously.
Isn't this what the survey and feedback process is for?

Searching online forums to get anonymous feedback is one thing. Trying to figure out the identities of specific individuals then confronting them is another entirely.

R53 '06 MINI Cooper S 6MT, LSD, HyperBlue/Black, SP/PP/CWP, iPod adapter, anthrecite headliner,etc, etc
E90 '06 330i *retired
LR3 '05 HSE V8
E46 '00 328Ci *retired
E36 '95 325is *retired
E21 '83 320i *retired
Old 06-27-2008, 02:56 PM
BMW Fahrer

Mein Auto: E90 M3
Quote:
We're 7 time Center of Excellence award winners and we have a lot of happy customers and his statements about our sales process are not deserved.
But perhaps not 8 times, eh?

You sure treated him right. So well in fact, he went and told all his friends, family and Internet acquaintances. Way to go, flo.

adc
09 M3 Sedan ED
12 MINI Countryman S All4
93 Miata LE
Old 06-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Proud S ponsor

Mein Auto: Z4 M Cpe, Miata, X6 50i
subscribed.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:57 PM
Abuser of everything

Mein Auto: BMW E90 2007
Quote:
"Well, it wasn't slander, really, I just told people the truth.
Sorry buddy, but you lost credibility right here. This is not The truth and you basically acted like a jerk. They don't owe you anything but a normal business relation. You wanted to impose your invoice+1K$ theory. They have the choice and the right of turning you down. This doesn't give you the right to SLANDER them with a stupid and childish statement like you did.

GROW UP.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Well, there's always two sides to a story, huh? Actually three if you believe the old adage of their's his side, our side, and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Here's Flow's side:

Its routine for companies to monitor internet message boards for content about themselves, In today's world, its a good business practice.

The funny thing about "Coontie's" post was that he has never been here
Never been there huh? My wife & I test drove a 335i with your lady sales person, the one that's currently wearing a long black dress. She even told me a story about how she had a car stolen right from the dealership. Or do you think I was there in spirit only, not in body?

Quote:
and actually worked with a salesman or sales manager with regards to his car purchase, yet he can use broad brush generalizations about Flow's sales process being equal to something with a broomstick.
I'm not sure what that means. What salesman or salesmanager? Look diagonally from your office, dear. That's the lady, right there.

Quote:
"Coontie" has admitted to taking advantage of the Saturday free car wash, which is reserved for sales customers.
Really? Funny you say that because I CALLED before hand, and specifically asked whether I can come & have my car washed even though I didn't buy the car at your dealership. The answer was unequivocal "YES."

Quote:
He also likes the free coffee, it is pretty good.
Not today, it wasn't. Lukewarm swill, really. And one jar (the one on the left) was empty. The other was cold. What happened there? I thought you run a tight ship?

And I can't believe we're debating this on the internet.

The right way to begin your little office interrogation would have been WITH AN APOLOGY. Apparently you think it's perfectly acceptable to drag customers into your little glass cubicle there and proceed to berate them about something they posted on the internet 6 months ago?

Do you seriously have nothing better to do than sit there & try to unveil the identity of bimmerfest posters?

Unreal. Simply unreal.

Last edited by zoltrix; 06-27-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 335i Sedan
pwned.
Sport Pkg
Premium Pkg
Cold Wx Pkg
Navi
Ipod
Auto tranny /w paddles
PDC