Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #51  
Old 06-27-2008, 04:06 PM
WhiteTrash WhiteTrash is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 257
Mein Auto: '08 650i 'vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattspalace View Post
pwned.
+1

nicely done, too.
__________________


2008 650i 'vert | jet black / saddle brown | 6spd manual | sport pkg / premium sound / comfort access / heated seats / sat radio
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 06-27-2008, 04:07 PM
zoltrix zoltrix is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: EMEA
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,527
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintor View Post
Sorry buddy, but you lost credibility right here. This is not The truth and you basically acted like a jerk. They don't owe you anything but a normal business relation. You wanted to impose your invoice+1K$ theory. They have the choice and the right of turning you down. This doesn't give you the right to SLANDER them with a stupid and childish statement like you did.

GROW UP.
IMPOSE?! I made what people usually call "an offer." She refused it. I hung up and never talked to the lady again.

What exactly was I trying to impose here?!?!

They treated me as if I were a 16yr noob. When somebody asked for an opinion on the dealership, I gave it to the person. Simple as that. I may have used a colorful language but I was being honest.

Read my original post from 6 months ago. I said their prices are horrible but they all seemed like nice people. I'm certain of the former but no longer sure of the latter.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 06-27-2008, 04:10 PM
Saintor's Avatar
Saintor Saintor is offline
Abuser of everything
Location: MTL
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,919
Mein Auto: BMW E90 2007
Yes IMPOSE

Quote:
said, "Did you even listen to a word I said? Who cares about MSRP, I want invoice + $1k."
.
You gotta learn the word 'courtesy', because this sentence could have been exactly from a 16yr noob
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-27-2008, 04:10 PM
Moderato's Avatar
Moderato Moderato is offline
Praetorian
Location: New England
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 8,070
Mein Auto: 07 E92 335i 6MT
Lightbulb

Wow that was intresting!

I'd venture to guess that my BMW dealership doesn't know who I am on bimmerfest because if they did I can't figure out why they haven't offered me a high-level position with them by now! I love them and I love BMW's.

Are you listening ********** BMW? Since I just accepted a position, if you want me to work for you I'm going to require 3 figures and a BRAND NEW E92 M3 Jerez Black/Bamboo LOADED with 6MT. Send me a PM when you come to your senses and want to take your dealership to the next level!
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-27-2008, 04:12 PM
BMWFM1 BMWFM1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 466
Mein Auto: 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4BMWFamily View Post
Well, there's always two sides to a story, huh? Actually three if you believe the old adage of their's his side, our side, and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Here's Flow's side:

Its routine for companies to monitor internet message boards for content about themselves, In today's world, its a good business practice.

The funny thing about "Coontie's" post was that he has never been here and actually worked with a salesman or sales manager with regards to his car purchase, yet he can use broad brush generalizations about Flow's sales process being equal to something with a broomstick. (shrug)

"Coontie" has admitted to taking advantage of the Saturday free car wash, which is reserved for sales customers. He also likes the free coffee, it is pretty good. These items also cost money, which comes from the sales, service, and parts departments.

Today, he asks us to post date the RO on his tire so he can buy tire insurance (elsewhere) to cover a nail in his tire, so he can get it replaced for free. Huh?

Lets be serious here folks. We're very concerned about our reputation and we're going to look into these kinds of posts seriously. We're 7 time Center of Excellence award winners and we have a lot of happy customers and his statements about our sales process are not deserved.

A wise man once said to make your words soft and sweet in case one day you should have to eat them.

Glad to hear the other side. Thanks for posting.

However, why not take the high road? If this is the case, just tell him graciously that you will not be dishonest and postdate a document. You would be happy to have him as a customer for regular service. End of story.
(Who cares how much a carwash and coffee cost? irrelevant IMHO)

His story may or may not be accurate. He may even have offended you. But at a first glance, your post seems to confirm your state of mind described in the original story. You guys seem angry with him. (I may be wrong but it really appears this way to a 3rd party).
No matter what, you cannot be angry at a customer or prospect. You have to stay professionnal. As a retail client, he does not have to. This is life in consumer sales and service. Perhaps try to buy a punching ball.

Suggestion: whether you are right or wrong, do the right sales and marketing thing. Make peace before it gets out of control on the forums.



FM
__________________
E91 328xi, Jet Black, Black Dakota, Dark Burl, Premium, Steptronic, Navigation, Active Cruise, Park Distance Control, Sirius Satellite Radio. Debadged, Euro Switch, Dome Strut.

Last edited by BMWFM1; 06-27-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 06-27-2008, 04:14 PM
Meiac09's Avatar
Meiac09 Meiac09 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Chicago
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,282
Mein Auto: 3er
.
__________________

Last edited by Meiac09; 06-27-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 06-27-2008, 04:24 PM
jbeene's Avatar
jbeene jbeene is offline
BMWcoholic
Location: Frozen North
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 388
Mein Auto: E90 M3
I find it absolutely remarkable that the dealer is now calling the OP out in the forum.

Do they think this is helping their case?

Wouldn't something like, "we apologize for treating you like a criminal because you chose to post about us" be more constructive? Can we have another chance to earn your business, sorry we got off on the wrong foot...etc

Now its all he said we said they said I said that you said that we said the he said etc etc etc.

Its OK for the customer to be right. Thats when they come back... you don't even have to like them. Telling people you don't like them, banning them from your dealership.

On behalf of the OP - go f*ck yourself.
__________________
E91 MSport Touring 6 Mt
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 06-27-2008, 04:25 PM
GT_BMW GT_BMW is offline
Registered User
Location: Southeast
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 26
Mein Auto: E93 328i vert
Obviously FLOW and 4BMWFamily does not subscribe to the common business practice of "the customer is always right." Coontie could have come off as a little crazy with the story, but 4BMWFamily basically came in and confirmed that this happened. Instead of intimidating customers, they should be working on their sales tactics instead of surfing the net looking for negative stuff. Seriously.

Wow...didn't expect that this would be my very first post!!
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 06-27-2008, 04:26 PM
beewang's Avatar
beewang beewang is offline
Bo-ma-win!
Location: Eugene, OREGON, Home to the Rose Bowl Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 7,691
Send a message via Yahoo to beewang
Mein Auto: S62 E39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiac09 View Post
Welcome to Bimmerfest.... Maybe you should pay the fee since we all know you're a dealer now
Dealers are not required to pay a fee to bimmerfest In fact we welcome bimmerphiles from all walks of life.

Bimmerfest sponsors are allowed to advertise at this site.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 06-27-2008, 04:26 PM
Moderato's Avatar
Moderato Moderato is offline
Praetorian
Location: New England
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 8,070
Mein Auto: 07 E92 335i 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiac09 View Post
Welcome to Bimmerfest.... Maybe you should pay the fee since we all know you're a dealer now
4BMWFamily, I'm going to have to ask you to come with us.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 06-27-2008, 04:27 PM
jbeene's Avatar
jbeene jbeene is offline
BMWcoholic
Location: Frozen North
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 388
Mein Auto: E90 M3
__________________
E91 MSport Touring 6 Mt
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 06-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Meiac09's Avatar
Meiac09 Meiac09 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Chicago
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,282
Mein Auto: 3er
.
__________________

Last edited by Meiac09; 06-27-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 06-27-2008, 04:28 PM
mattspalace mattspalace is offline
Registered User
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 65
Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 335i Sedan


__________________
2008 E90 335i
Monaco Blue
Terra Leather
Sport Pkg
Premium Pkg
Cold Wx Pkg
Navi
Ipod
Auto tranny /w paddles
PDC
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 06-27-2008, 04:30 PM
Saintor's Avatar
Saintor Saintor is offline
Abuser of everything
Location: MTL
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,919
Mein Auto: BMW E90 2007
Quote:
Obviously FLOW and 4BMWFamily does not subscribe to the common business practice of "the customer is always right."
How can the customer is always right when he is slandering? Because his stement suggest that they are playing unfair. They just didn't agree basically on a price issue! They have the right to sell higher than the best price you can get. If my business was attacked this way, I would answer too.

No, the customer is not always right, much less so when he is not even a customer.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 06-27-2008, 04:31 PM
BMWFM1 BMWFM1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 466
Mein Auto: 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by beewang View Post
Dealers are not required to pay a fee to bimmerfest In fact we welcome bimmerphiles from all walks of life.

Bimmerfest sponsors are allowed to advertise at this site.
Aren't they advertising their services (in a weird way) - Just kidding.
__________________
E91 328xi, Jet Black, Black Dakota, Dark Burl, Premium, Steptronic, Navigation, Active Cruise, Park Distance Control, Sirius Satellite Radio. Debadged, Euro Switch, Dome Strut.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 06-27-2008, 04:33 PM
zoltrix zoltrix is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: EMEA
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,527
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFM1 View Post
(Who cares how much a carwash and coffee cost? irrelevant IMHO)
I mean, seriously. To have a BMW dealership accuse me of taking advantage of their carwash, which -- wait for it --

THEY THEMSELVES TOLD ME IS PERFECTLY OK TO DO

is just beyond pale. Hell, I'll send you guys a check for the carwash + coffee. Just tell me how much it was, I'll mail it. Scan it here even as proof, mark my words.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 06-27-2008, 04:33 PM
beewang's Avatar
beewang beewang is offline
Bo-ma-win!
Location: Eugene, OREGON, Home to the Rose Bowl Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 7,691
Send a message via Yahoo to beewang
Mein Auto: S62 E39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeene View Post
I find it absolutely remarkable that the dealer is now calling the OP out in the forum.

Do they think this is helping their case?....
There are always 2 sides to the story and I think one should have the right to tell their side of the story. In fact, from his post, we learned that Coontie is no saint as he asked the dealership to (essentially) commit insurance fraud by post dating the tyre insurance.

Just my 2 cents worth... Please continue..
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 06-27-2008, 04:37 PM
zoltrix zoltrix is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: EMEA
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,527
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by beewang View Post
There are always 2 sides to the story and I think one should have the right to tell their side of the story. In fact, from his post, we learned that Coontie is no saint as he asked the dealership to (essentially) commit insurance fraud by post dating the tyre insurance.

Just my 2 cents worth... Please continue..
Oh please. That's a lie.

I left my car. The guy comes out says, "It'll be $375 + $45 because you have a nail."

I call the insurance company. Ask them can I submit the claim for tomorrow. They said no but if you submit it tomorrow that's ok because coverage kicks in tomorrow.

I turned around & told the guy, I WILL COME BACK TOMORROW. <--

"Postdating" anything would work AGAINST me. If anything, I'd need it "forward" dated, not post dated.

In any rate, I never asked them to falsify paperwork or any of that crazy nonsense.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 06-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Saintor's Avatar
Saintor Saintor is offline
Abuser of everything
Location: MTL
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,919
Mein Auto: BMW E90 2007
Quote:
I call the insurance company. Ask them can I submit the claim for tomorrow. They said no but if you submit it tomorrow that's ok because coverage kicks in tomorrow.

I turned around & told the guy, I WILL COME BACK TOMORROW. <-
This is still a fraud.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 06-27-2008, 04:40 PM
panerai7's Avatar
panerai7 panerai7 is offline
MT4LIFE
Location: Carolinas
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,744
Mein Auto: E92-M3, E90-335
Quote:
Originally Posted by coontie View Post
I mean, seriously. To have a BMW dealership accuse me of taking advantage of their carwash, which -- wait for it --

THEY THEMSELVES TOLD ME IS PERFECTLY OK TO DO

is just beyond pale. Hell, I'll send you guys a check for the carwash + coffee. Just tell me how much it was, I'll mail it. Scan it here even as proof, mark my words.
Did you really go get your car washed without any service being done at the dealership you didn't buy the car from? I don't know if I would have enough balls to do that. Thumbs up for being a spoiled american customer, no offense

Wouldn't that be like staying in one Hilton 6 months ago and then going to another Hilton later and ask the them if you could take a shower in one of their suites?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 06-27-2008, 04:43 PM
panerai7's Avatar
panerai7 panerai7 is offline
MT4LIFE
Location: Carolinas
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,744
Mein Auto: E92-M3, E90-335
Quote:
Originally Posted by coontie View Post
Oh please. That's a lie.

I left my car. The guy comes out says, "It'll be $375 + $45 because you have a nail."

I call the insurance company. Ask them can I submit the claim for tomorrow. They said no but if you submit it tomorrow that's ok because coverage kicks in tomorrow.

I turned around & told the guy, I WILL COME BACK TOMORROW. <--

"Postdating" anything would work AGAINST me. If anything, I'd need it "forward" dated, not post dated.

In any rate, I never asked them to falsify paperwork or any of that crazy nonsense.
I am sorry I think you need to look up the definition of "POSTDATING"

Edit: I am not defending a dealer, I don't like Flow
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 06-27-2008, 04:43 PM
GT_BMW GT_BMW is offline
Registered User
Location: Southeast
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 26
Mein Auto: E93 328i vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintor View Post
How can the customer is always right when he is slandering? Because his stement suggest that they are playing unfair. They just didn't agree basically on a price issue! They have the right to sell higher than the best price you can get. If my business was attacked this way, I would answer too.

No, the customer is not always right, much less so when he is not even a customer.
He's not slandering, he's telling the truth. He had a negative experience. Do we all have to keep our negative experiences quiet for fear that our dealership will refuse our business? He would be slandering the dealership if he went around spewing negative things that were not true.

He's a service customer, and could be a future sales customer, but he won't be when a business acts this way.

This reminds me of the phrase a friend likes to use, and perhaps 4BMWFamily might remember this - when you wrestle with pigs, you're going to get dirty. Take the high road Mr. Dealer, it's a lot cleaner in the end.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 06-27-2008, 04:44 PM
Meiac09's Avatar
Meiac09 Meiac09 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Chicago
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,282
Mein Auto: 3er
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4BMWFamily View Post
"Coontie" has admitted to taking advantage of the Saturday free car wash, which is reserved for sales customers. He also likes the free coffee, it is pretty good. These items also cost money, which comes from the sales, service, and parts departments.

Today, he asks us to post date the RO on his tire so he can buy tire insurance (elsewhere) to cover a nail in his tire, so he can get it replaced for free. Huh?We're 7 time Center of Excellence
1) Well, Now that we know that there is no such thing as confidentiality at Flow BMW, and your business is the world's business (good job )
2) Put up a sign. Its also called marketing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beewang View Post
In fact, from his post, we learned that Coontie is no saint as he asked the dealership to (essentially) commit insurance fraud by post dating the tyre insurance.
Allegedly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintor View Post
This is still a fraud.
How? He followed the Ins. Co's instructions.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 06-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Saintor's Avatar
Saintor Saintor is offline
Abuser of everything
Location: MTL
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,919
Mein Auto: BMW E90 2007
Quote:
He's not slandering, he's telling the truth. He had a negative experience.
All slanders think that they have the 'truth'. This was clearly slander as he suggests that they are playing it unfair.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 06-27-2008, 04:47 PM
mattspalace mattspalace is offline
Registered User
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 65
Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 335i Sedan
It's not even close to slander. If anything, they are slandering the OP.
__________________
2008 E90 335i
Monaco Blue
Terra Leather
Sport Pkg
Premium Pkg
Cold Wx Pkg
Navi
Ipod
Auto tranny /w paddles
PDC
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms