Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 06-27-2008, 03:50 PM

Mein Auto: E93 328i vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintor View Post
All slanders think that they have the 'truth'. This was clearly slander as he suggests that they are playing it unfair.
Are you a lawyer or do you just play one on this forum?
Old 06-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Abuser of everything

Mein Auto: BMW E90 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattspalace View Post
It's not even close to slander. If anything, they are slandering the OP.

If I would adjust the sentence to fit YOUR OWN NAME AND ADDRESS, you would think *again*.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 123d coupe
Um. The whole thing might have been a bit more pleasant if you would have started out by saying "Well sure I'm Coontie and yes indeed, buying a car from y'all was exactly like being sodomized with a broomstick, and apparently getting a tire fixed here is pretty much the same experience."

All in all, a good story and makes me grateful for my dealership.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:53 PM

Mein Auto: 3er
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT_BMW View Post
Are you a lawyer or do you just play one on this forum?
Nope, he just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night
Old 06-27-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiac09 View Post
Nope, he just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night
Touché
Old 06-27-2008, 03:55 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 335i Sedan

Now THAT is funny!!!!! Always a great line to use, but the timing must be just perfect!
Sport Pkg
Premium Pkg
Cold Wx Pkg
Navi
Ipod
Auto tranny /w paddles
PDC
Old 06-27-2008, 03:58 PM
Abuser of everything

Wow....typical e90post jokes here (a lot of kids there too).
Old 06-27-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintor View Post
Wow....typical e90post jokes here (a lot of kids there too).
excuse me?
Old 06-27-2008, 04:01 PM
Button Pusher

Send a message via AIM to AK Send a message via Yahoo to AK
Mein Auto: '07 335i, '04 4Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by coontie View Post
I'm starting to remember this episode more clearly. When I called the lady back, I said, "Look. I want an ED E90 335i, with ZSP, ZPP & lemon leather. I know the invoice is X, I want to offer you X + $1k."

There was a long silence on the phone.

The she says, "Where did you get these codes & invoice prices from?" I said, "The internet, obviously." She goes, "I'll call you back." Calls me back and says, "We can knock off $700 off MSRP." I said, "Did you even listen to a word I said? Who cares about MSRP, I want invoice + $1k."
Just IMHO, but if you approach a dealership with a confrontational attitude right from the get-go, it should have been obvious that you weren't going to get very far with them.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK View Post
Just IMHO, but if you approach a dealership with a confrontational attitude right from the get-go, it should have been obvious that you weren't going to get very far with them.
What is confrontational about that? Its OBJECTIVE.
But I'll agree, Dealers hate it when you know more than they do about their product...
Old 06-27-2008, 04:05 PM

Mein Auto: M3s
You can't fight the Internet. These guys are done if they want to run their shop like it's 1950. This story must be spread everywhere... It does take some stones though to go back there for service.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X3 35i
I don't care how you look at this, the dealer was completely wrong in how it was handled. EVEN IF this was a complete lie and it was considered slander, it should have been handled through legal means...not a some confrontation at the dealership. I own a company and I have to eat $hit from customers all the time...that's the deal and you know it going in.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
excuse me?
Perhaps he's ticked off about his broomstick?
Old 06-27-2008, 04:15 PM
Button Pusher

Quote:
What is confrontational about that? Its OBJECTIVE.
But I'll agree, Dealers hate it when you know more than they do about their product...
The OP's original approach to the dealer was very confrontational. Put yourself in their shoes... Some random person you don't know contacts you and says "I demand that you sell me this car for invoice + X or else I'm going to walk." What would you do? Personally, I'd be inclined to say "Don't let the door hit you on the way out."

Often times, attitude is everything. I work in a sales business myself. My boss likes to remind us from time to time, "Are you easy to work with?" Think about it...
Old 06-27-2008, 04:16 PM

Mein Auto: monaco 335-e92 step
Quote:
Originally Posted by coontie View Post
I mean, seriously. To have a BMW dealership accuse me of taking advantage of their carwash, which -- wait for it --

THEY THEMSELVES TOLD ME IS PERFECTLY OK TO DO

is just beyond pale. Hell, I'll send you guys a check for the carwash + coffee. Just tell me how much it was, I'll mail it. Scan it here even as proof, mark my words.
Good god man.. how much coffee do you drink?
Old 06-27-2008, 04:18 PM

Mein Auto: monaco 335-e92 step
Quote:
The OP's original approach to the dealer was very confrontational. Put yourself in their shoes... Some random person you don't know contacts you and says "I demand that you sell me this car for invoice + X or else I'm going to walk." What would you do? Personally, I'd be inclined to say "Don't let the door hit you on the way out."

Often times, attitude is everything. I work in a sales business myself. My boss likes to remind us from time to time, "Are you easy to work with?" Think about it...

I would not call it confrontational.. no professional - maybe aggressive? yes.

But, they are the business, they are PAID to be professional. Which, it seems they need more work on.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:

I have no problem with the dealership telling him no. Where the problem lies is that they went so far as to surf the net, found his comments and hunted him down to tell him he was not welcome at their dealership.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:20 PM
Bo-ma-win!

Send a message via Yahoo to beewang
Mein Auto: S62 E39
Quote:
I have no problem with the dealership telling him no. Where the problem lies is that they went so far as to surf the net, found his comments and hunted him down to tell him he was not welcome at their dealership.

You and I both surfed the net at work what's the problem??!!
Old 06-27-2008, 04:22 PM

The surfing the net at work is fine, even looking for mention of their dealership is fine. They went too far when they wanted to take out negative comments on a customer (or BMW owner using their dealership). It's just not good business.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:22 PM
Abuser of everything

Quote:
And you forget the best part; after hammering on them, he wants free service now! I totally understand the dealer and they were right to confront him.

I am not suggesting that buying at one site and having service elsewhere is not Ok. It is different here.

I am sure that the OP will be more experimented next time - and know how to behave.

Last edited by Saintor; 06-27-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Button Pusher

Quote:
Yeah, I agree that the dealer wasn't exactly a saint.. They could have just politely said "We understand you threw us under the bus on the internet and we would prefer you take your business elsewhere" and left it at that. They didn't need to rake him over the coals over it. It sounds like they effectively delivered the message, however

I remember several years ago when I had my 540, I kept having to bring it in for low coolant warnings. The dealer could never figure out why (yes, the coolant level was fine). Rather than yell at them I decided to leave a box of KrispyKreme donuts on the dashboard the last time I brought it in. Guess what: problem solved!!!
Old 06-27-2008, 04:28 PM

Quote:
I remember several years ago when I had my 540, I kept having to bring it in for low coolant warnings. The dealer could never figure out why (yes, the coolant level was fine). Rather than yell at them I decided to leave a box of KrispyKreme donuts on the dashboard the last time I brought it in. Guess what: problem solved!!!
Oooo, I will have to remember that for my vert seal! Maybe I can get it fixed. My mother always told me that you catch more flies with honey, and I think we could substitute KrispyKremes for that one!
Old 06-27-2008, 04:31 PM
Button Pusher

Quote:
Oooo, I will have to remember that for my vert seal! Maybe I can get it fixed. My mother always told me that you catch more flies with honey, and I think we could substitute KrispyKremes for that one!
I'm telling you, it helps. Service Advisors and techs are beat up all day long by customers demanding the ridiculous... If you do something nice for them, no matter how small, they'll remember it.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
I'm telling you, it helps. Service Advisors and techs are beat up all day long by customers demanding the ridiculous... If you do something nice for them, no matter how small, they'll remember it.
I agree with that philosophy. I used to work for a guy that couldn't grasp that a simple "thank you" could get him lots of bonus points when the gang was tired and didn't want to work another minute. KrispyKremes and a thank you would have been heaven!
Old 06-27-2008, 04:36 PM
Bo-ma-win!

Send a message via Yahoo to beewang
Mein Auto: S62 E39
Quote:
I get my BMW service at dealers closer to me and not my purchasing dealer. I always remenber to bring a bottle of Cheap wine for the SA or a 12 pack of Oregon Finest for "the boyz". I NEVER have problem getting a last minute appointment and ALWAYS get a BMW Loanercar

This obvious won't work for coontie at this dealer, but it should do the tricks for most of everyone else here. Oh yes... and always give 5's if you want to contine to use the BMW loaner car