Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 06-27-2008, 05:39 PM

Mein Auto: E93 328i vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by beewang View Post
I get my BMW service at dealers closer to me and not my purchasing dealer. I always remenber to bring a bottle of Cheap wine for the SA or a 12 pack of Oregon Finest for "the boyz". I NEVER have problem getting a last minute appointment and ALWAYS get a BMW Loanercar

This obvious won't work for coontie at this dealer, but it should do the tricks for most of everyone else here. Oh yes... and always give 5's if you want to contine to use the BMW loaner car
The new owner chased off our SA (sales assoc.), and I am bummed. Wait - is SA the Service Advisor or Sales Associate? I'm thinking it's the former! We're still finding our groove with our SA, but he's a great guy that keeps us informed when the car is in for any service. I think he likes to eat, so maybe I'll bring them some homemade brownies!

Poor coontie - I wonder how far he'll have to drive for service now, and has FLOW put out a APB on him to the local dealers?
Old 06-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Bo-ma-win!

Send a message via Yahoo to beewang
Mein Auto: S62 E39
bimmerfest vocabulary for the noob

1) SA ---> Service Advisor
2) CA -----> Client Advisor (aka to GT BMW ... Sales Advisor)
Old 06-27-2008, 05:49 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 335XI, 2005 A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by coontie View Post
I'm starting to remember this episode more clearly. When I called the lady back, I said, "Look. I want an ED E90 335i, with ZSP, ZPP & lemon leather. I know the invoice is X, I want to offer you X + $1k."

There was a long silence on the phone.

The she says, "Where did you get these codes & invoice prices from?" I said, "The internet, obviously." She goes, "I'll call you back." Calls me back and says, "We can knock off $700 off MSRP." I said, "Did you even listen to a word I said? Who cares about MSRP, I want invoice + $1k." Then she launched into her speech about "$700/month is the least she can do, etc... " Basically, not even listening, trying to steer me into the whole "How much per month can you afford" type of a deal. I said "Thanks" and we parted ways.

OH!. Also, the GM was sitting there and then he goes, "You live here but you got your car in NY?!" .... Then he looks at some of my other posts and says, "OH. You did PCD." With this fallen face, undoubtedly cursing the damn Performance Delivery and its tendency to let people buy half way across the country.

This sounds likely the dealerships in St Louis not just BMW all of them. I stopped buying cars here and travel up to Chicago, they have a higher turnover rate on cars and can push them out the door at lower prices. I have bought several cars this way and all of the negotiating has been done over the phone before I make the haul up there.

Several of my friends have done the same thing.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerai7 View Post
I have heard about FLOW organization, that's what you get from a small redneck operation. - I HOPE YOU READ THAT FLOW!!!

On another hand, this is sort of funny, "come with me"? WTF?
I'd be like, "sure, let me get my gun"

Thats funny! LOL
Old 06-27-2008, 05:56 PM

Mein Auto: X3
wow what a coincicence. Just today, I got a phone call from our dealer saying I have been using their name inappropriately on the forum and legal actions could be taken against me (basically they want me to stop posting the problem we had with an ongoing problem). At that point, I found out that apparently this forum is heavily monitored by the head office of BMW and they actually call the owners/managers of the dealerships to inform them about what people have been posting about them. Personally I actually like that fact, 2 days after my post, all problems we had with our dealer were resolved. If only I did this sooner.

Oh ya, in case you guys want to know, no legal actions were taken. It's probobly because our complaint was justified and I didn't lie about the problem we've had.

Last edited by Yshen; 06-27-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4BMWFamily View Post
Well, there's always two sides to a story, huh? Actually three if you believe the old adage of their's his side, our side, and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Here's Flow's side:

Its routine for companies to monitor internet message boards for content about themselves, In today's world, its a good business practice.

The funny thing about "Coontie's" post was that he has never been here and actually worked with a salesman or sales manager with regards to his car purchase, yet he can use broad brush generalizations about Flow's sales process being equal to something with a broomstick. (shrug)

"Coontie" has admitted to taking advantage of the Saturday free car wash, which is reserved for sales customers. He also likes the free coffee, it is pretty good. These items also cost money, which comes from the sales, service, and parts departments.

Today, he asks us to post date the RO on his tire so he can buy tire insurance (elsewhere) to cover a nail in his tire, so he can get it replaced for free. Huh?

Lets be serious here folks. We're very concerned about our reputation and we're going to look into these kinds of posts seriously. We're 7 time Center of Excellence award winners and we have a lot of happy customers and his statements about our sales process are not deserved.

A wise man once said to make your words soft and sweet in case one day you should have to eat them.
Not sure if you have caught on, but this post is pretty geniric and anyone could have creatively put this together by reading the past posts..

Somebody is messing with Coontie.

Last edited by griffinto; 06-27-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:17 PM

Mein Auto: E93 328i vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by beewang View Post
bimmerfest vocabulary for the noob

1) SA ---> Service Advisor
2) CA -----> Client Advisor (aka to GT BMW ... Sales Advisor)
Ahhh..thanks for helping out the noob! So, the new manager chased off our CA! We've had the same SA since our purchase.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:32 PM

Mein Auto: no car yet,
wow, what a bunch of asses. i hope they didn't vandalize your car while you were in the office.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:42 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAP8 View Post
You are a finer gentleman than I am. I would have told them where to kiss me and walked out.
After the first question, I would have asked what they wanted to ask me about the car that I brought in for service. If they had persisted, I would have told them that the conversation would have to continue with my attorney in the room. Then I would have walked out.

Sounds like the OP got them in one of their soft spots (kind of like Ross Perot's response to how to get an elephant (GM) to dance - take a sharp stick and start poking in the soft spots....)
Old 06-27-2008, 06:56 PM

Mein Auto: '07 335i Coupe /// 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yshen View Post
...I found out that apparently this forum is heavily monitored by the head office of BMW and they actually call the owners/managers of the dealerships to inform them about what people have been posting about them.
I would like to take this opportunity to tell you how amazing United BMW of Roswell, Georgia has been to me. Shout out to the greatest CA ever: Al Ennes. And special thanks to an awesome SA, Ed Barnes.

I can't wait to purchase my next BMW from them, a 2008 M3 Coupe at $10K off invoice.

*My name is Peter Reynolds, and I have approved this message. I drive a 2007 335i Coupe, Sparkling Graphite w/Saddle Brown interior. Purchased August, 2007.*
Old 06-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Abuser of everything

Mein Auto: BMW E90 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprechenSieBMW? View Post
I would like to take this opportunity to tell you how amazing United BMW of Roswell, Georgia has been to me. Shout out to the greatest CA ever: Al Ennes. And special thanks to an awesome SA, Ed Barnes.

I can't wait to purchase my next BMW from them, a 2008 M3 Coupe at $10K off invoice.

*My name is Peter Reynolds, and I have approved this message. I drive a 2007 335i Coupe, Sparkling Graphite w/Saddle Brown interior. Purchased August, 2007.*
Sucker!
Old 06-27-2008, 07:01 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwac View Post
/rant

I hope they learned a lesson from this. And I REALLY hope they're reading this thread. The internet generation is growing up, and airing dirty laundry from a bad purchase experience like this is going to become increasingly common. Slander? No, it's exposing the *********gery that goes on every single day in dealerships across the country. The GM may not have known about his lousy salesperson, but he damn well better do something about it now. They lost a sale, a service customer, and now it's going to cost them a fraction of their image too.

Dealerships had better wake up to the power of the information age. Fewer and fewer people are going to be walking into their showrooms with a "Please screw me" sign taped to their forehead now that invoice prices, lease and finance rates, other transaction fees, AND shopping experiences are easily accessible to anyone.

Anyone remember the guy in SoCal who tried to buy the M3 off eBay from the dealership in Nebraska? (might have the state wrong)

/endrant
That's one of the first thoughts I had when reading this post. Fortunately for this dealership this probably isn't a big enough deal to go viral, but it has that potential - 1600 views and 111 responses in 5 hours since it was first posted. They took an innocuous comment made in a thread that got no response posted in a forum that gets relatively little attention and made it into a "front page" story. Good job.

Quote:
Well, there's always two sides to a story, huh? Actually three if you believe the old adage of their's his side, our side, and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Here's Flow's side:

Its routine for companies to monitor internet message boards for content about themselves, In today's world, its a good business practice.

The funny thing about "Coontie's" post was that he has never been here and actually worked with a salesman or sales manager with regards to his car purchase, yet he can use broad brush generalizations about Flow's sales process being equal to something with a broomstick. (shrug)

"Coontie" has admitted to taking advantage of the Saturday free car wash, which is reserved for sales customers. He also likes the free coffee, it is pretty good. These items also cost money, which comes from the sales, service, and parts departments.

Today, he asks us to post date the RO on his tire so he can buy tire insurance (elsewhere) to cover a nail in his tire, so he can get it replaced for free. Huh?

Lets be serious here folks. We're very concerned about our reputation and we're going to look into these kinds of posts seriously. We're 7 time Center of Excellence award winners and we have a lot of happy customers and his statements about our sales process are not deserved.

A wise man once said to make your words soft and sweet in case one day you should have to eat them.
You guys really shot yourselves in the foot with this response.

That sound you hear right now within the BMW internet community is your reputation swirling it goes straight down the toilet.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 06-27-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:08 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprechenSieBMW? View Post

Comrad Stalin liked your humor!

'13 320i Alpine White/Black/AT
Old 06-27-2008, 07:22 PM
BigTime Defender

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35d
I certainly don't blame Flow for saying no to Coontie's offer but to pull him into some dingy office for a caning over his posts is silly.

They created a lot more problems than was warranted by Coontie's, "gimme my 335i for 1k over invoice" schtick.
Sapphire w/Beige Leather
Premium, Cold Weather, Technology, Premium Sound, and Sport
Packages. 19" wheels, LUX H8 v3 DRL Upgrade

Former and Missed BMW
2008 335i Coupe
ZPP,ZSP, 6FL, 4AS, 2XA, Sirius, Nav, Heated Seats
-MINE on 3/16/08
-Space Grey Metallic w/Grey Dakota Leather
Old 06-27-2008, 07:43 PM
I'm a Mac

Mein Auto: 2011 Acura MDX
i've been on the fest since the beginning, and i have to say that this (at least the first 2-3 pages) has been one of, if not, the most entertaining threads i've read in a long, long time.

i have no idea if the poster really is from flow or not (btw, i always got great service from performance in chapel hill), but it's kinda funny to think that the stealership would attempt to fight this battle in public like this. if it really is them, they're even stupider (is that a word?) than coontie makes them out to be.

for the record, i believe i got my e46/330i for $750 over ed invoice back in the day, and my sales guy was darn pleasant to work with every fricken' step of the way (i'll give a shout out to joern at passport bmw!).

Current: 2011 Acura MDX
Previous: 03 540iA M-sport, 07 Porsche Boxster S, 01 BMW 330i SP, 97 Acura Integra GS-R, 89 Toy Supra, 73 Datsun 240Z
Old 06-27-2008, 07:46 PM
Corner Carving Addict

Mein Auto: 09 - 335i E92
Coontie contact as many news stations as you can and get your story out there. Do your best to drive the bad publicity to them. Dont give up and they will regret treating you so harshly.

Yes you could have been nicer but that is NO excuse to the way they treated you. Go from paper to paper, website to website. Don't stop until they send you a formal apology. If it were me I would be doing all I can to drive their image down after a confrontation like that.

And to FLOW, I have a good many friends in and around NY. I plan on informing them to this website and this thread. Good job screwing yourselves over.
09 - 335i E92 / Monaco Blue / Saddle Brown / Dark Burl / Step / Comfort Access / Rear Sunshade / Heated Seats / PDC / iDrive / Sat. Radio / iPod & USB / Prem Pkg / Sport Pkg / OEM Alarm / Ventus V12 (Non-RFT) / V1 and other goodies...
Old 06-27-2008, 07:51 PM
I'm a Mac

Mein Auto: 2011 Acura MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk23 View Post
And to FLOW, I have a good many friends in and around NY. I plan on informing them to this website and this thread. Good job screwing yourselves over.
ummmm...flow bmw is in nc, not ny. do you have many good friends in/around nc as well?

Current: 2011 Acura MDX
Previous: 03 540iA M-sport, 07 Porsche Boxster S, 01 BMW 330i SP, 97 Acura Integra GS-R, 89 Toy Supra, 73 Datsun 240Z
Old 06-27-2008, 07:51 PM

Mein Auto: 330i, Mazda6, R90/6 R60/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonomaDriver View Post
I certainly don't blame Flow for saying no to Coontie's offer but to pull him into some dingy office for a caning over his posts is silly.

They created a lot more problems than was warranted by Coontie's, "gimme my 335i for 1k over invoice" schtick.
Watch out, your comment about the office being "dingy" is slander. The dealership would have been much better served by letting the OP know he was not welcome. That would have been the end of it, the "we want to talk to you" while producing a folder of the "violations" was just plain stupid.

Flow BMW welcome to the internet age.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:56 PM
Corner Carving Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma View Post
ummmm...flow bmw is in nc, not ny. do you have many good friends in/around nc as well?

lol didn't catch that. My sister has friends in NC but alast I do not. I still stand by my previous post statements. Get the word out Coontie.
09 - 335i E92 / Monaco Blue / Saddle Brown / Dark Burl / Step / Comfort Access / Rear Sunshade / Heated Seats / PDC / iDrive / Sat. Radio / iPod & USB / Prem Pkg / Sport Pkg / OEM Alarm / Ventus V12 (Non-RFT) / V1 and other goodies...
Old 06-27-2008, 07:59 PM

Mein Auto: '07 335i Coupe /// 6MT
I heard it from 4BMWFamily, but I had to check for myself. Amazing.
http://www.flowbmw.com/static.aspx?PageId=bmwCoe
Old 06-27-2008, 08:01 PM
Corner Carving Addict

Too bad they went down the s*** hole. They wont be winning anymore, thats for sure.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:10 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Zuhaelter
Mein Auto: 06 330i
With This Lil Stunt They Just Screwed Themselves Real Good!
(you Hear This Dealership?? Print This Out, Why Dont You)!!
You Are Alot Calmer Than I Wouldve Been, Op!
Old 06-27-2008, 08:30 PM

Mein Auto: a car
Quote:

Here's Flow's side:

I have to call BS. Your posting history does not match with what you posted here.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:31 PM

Mein Auto: a car
Also, could one of the moderators ID this person?
Old 06-27-2008, 08:35 PM

Mein Auto: E92 BMW 335xi 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhn1 View Post
I have to call BS. Your posting history does not match with what you posted here.
Yup, totally agree with you.