Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
Welcome to Bimmerfest! Whether you are a current BMW owner or just interested in BMW cars, we hope you enjoy your visit. Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a picture of your BMW for the rest of the community to see.

Old 06-28-2008, 12:58 PM

Mein Auto: 328i
Hi all!

I thought I better pop in here and introduce myself after my 0 to 60 on one of your threads. Sorry 'bout that. Some people were leveling some pretty nasty accusations about some of my acquaintances.

I'm a BMW devotee - both MINI and BMW. Not a better car around imo. I've been around BMWs really since they made their debute in the 80s - remember the days when BMW drivers were so rare that they would flash headlights and wave in recognition? **sigh**

While a NC native, I've lived near and far, to include Europe. I am a higher education administrator by profession and enjoy literature, music, the arts, family, and friends.

Anyway, nice to be here!

Advertisement
Old 06-28-2008, 01:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '08 335xi coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWBabe View Post
I thought I better pop in here and introduce myself after my 0 to 60 on one of your threads. Sorry 'bout that. Some people were leveling some pretty nasty accusations about some of my acquaintances.

I'm a BMW devotee - both MINI and BMW. Not a better car around imo. I've been around BMWs really since they made their debute in the 80s - remember the days when BMW drivers were so rare that they would flash headlights and wave in recognition? **sigh**

While a NC native, I've lived near and far, to include Europe. I am a higher education administrator by profession and enjoy literature, music, the arts, family, and friends.

Anyway, nice to be here!
Welcome! Do you like Ron Paul?
Old 06-28-2008, 01:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to Excitmnt94 Send a message via Yahoo to Excitmnt94
Mein Auto: '09 135i coupe
welcome!

Old 06-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Z4 M coupe, F07 550i GT

Mein Auto: Z4MCoupe, 550 GT, 840Ci
Welcome to the 'Fest. They're giving you a pretty hard time over in the Flow BMW - Coontie thread and on http://www.sell.com/ratings/bmwbabe/

Set 'em straight.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maande10 View Post
Welcome! Do you like Ron Paul?
Yes and no.

I agree with his views on fiscal responsibility but stop short at a return to the gold standard, which I don't think he actually advocates btw. I agree with him on securing our borders and also do not advocate amnesty. He is absolutely right on education as well as keeping the option open for home schooling. I really tire at the indoctrination that American students receive in school. What to think is stressed over how. I vehemently agree with his prolife stance. After observing a 4 dimensional ultrasound I'm all the more convinced that abortion should be illegal. Finally he is correct on racism. Government cannot make life "fair." Race is only one determinant with regard to success or failure. It is impossible to eliminate discrimination. In fact, I am convinced that ageism is probably one of the most overlooked and insidious form of discrimination.

I could go on, but will stop there. Did this answer your question?

Old 06-30-2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excitmnt94 View Post
welcome!
Thank you.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uter View Post
Welcome to the 'Fest. They're giving you a pretty hard time over in the Flow BMW - Coontie thread and on http://www.sell.com/ratings/bmwbabe/

Set 'em straight.
Well, the latter is not me. Until a few days ago, I had never used a moniker with "BMW" or "babe." In fact, I tried to register as "Bimmer Babe" because of the alliteration, but that was already taken.

Regarding the Flow thread... I'm not going back to that thread. One cannot reason with those who are not concerned with truth. I will, however, reiterate once more: 1) I am not affiliated with the Flow companies 2) I am a repeat customer and 3) I have never had a bad experience with this company.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:43 PM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Truth is generally the best vindication against slander.
Interesting. You claim no affiliation but feel inclined to defend them against "slander". Or does your sig have some other meaning or context I am not aware of?
Old 06-30-2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanc3r View Post
Interesting. You claim no affiliation but feel inclined to defend them against "slander". Or does your sig have some other meaning or context I am not aware of?
No affiliation other than a satisfied repeat customer...

The truth sig line was in response to those remarks made about me personally in the thread.

Btw, I exchanged my sig for a better one that addresses the abuse of liberty.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:58 PM
Advocate de diabolo

Mein Auto: 330xi '04, X5 35d '11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWBabe View Post
No affiliation other than a satisfied repeat customer...

The truth sig line was in response to those remarks made about me personally in the thread.

Btw, I exchanged my sig for a better one that addresses the abuse of liberty.
Did you purchase yours at MSRP?
Old 06-30-2008, 07:17 PM

Mein Auto: 335ISC + 535XI + 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ximd View Post
Did you purchase yours at MSRP?
Probably 700 less.

BTW Welcome BMWBABE.

I'm still a cynic
Old 06-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Ones and Zeros

Mein Auto: Dirty-Thirty
Welcome aboard. You have been officially welcomed to the 'Fest. If you have any questions, try using the "Search" option to see if your question(s) have been discussed.