Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 08-14-2008, 06:57 AM   #1
200,000 BMWs Recalled as a Result of Faulty Airbag Sensors

tim330i
Administrator

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by tim330i

200,000 BMWs Recalled as a Result of Faulty Airbag Sensors

Statement on voluntary recall involving front passenger seat sensor mat on U.S.A. model BMWs

BMW announced a voluntary recall regarding the front passenger air bag seat sensor mat involving approximately 200,000 Model Year 2004-06 vehicles. Affected are certain Model Year 2006 3-Series, Model Year 2004-06 5-Series, and Model Year 2004-06 X3 vehicles, depending upon seat type. BMW has found that the sensor mat may become damaged during vehicle usage depending upon the manner and frequency of the front passenger's entry and exit.

BMW will begin sending customer letters in late September 2008. Affected owners may continue to drive their vehicles; however, customers should contact their BMW Center if the air bag warning lamp, and the passenger air bag "on-off" lamp are illuminated simultaneously. In this situation, BMW recommends customers not to use the front passenger seat and have the vehicle serviced immediately. At the present time, we are unaware of any accidents or injuries as a result of this issue.
This article has been viewed 2827 times.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 325i
My friend had a wreck and the air bags didn't deploy because of this problem!

Vehicle lineup:
2003 325i-Premium pkg, heated seats, leather (sold)

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe-Navigation, Sunroof, DVD, 4X4, autoride, etc. (sold)

2007 Audi A6-everything except navigation (sold)

2007 z-71 Avalanche-heated seats, sunroof, 4X4

2007 BMW X5 3.0si- heated seats, technology pkg, premium pkg
(current)

Also in the garage-
2007 Cadillac Escalade
2010 GMC Sierra SLT
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat
2004 GMC 2500HD