Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 09-19-2008, 11:32 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 Accord Coupe EX-L
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328skidpad View Post
As a accord owner, odyssey and 335 owner I must say that the accord is an excellent car that just lags in handling and speed compared to the 335 but definitely not worth taking a 10K plus hit on trade in.

3 years ago when I was waiting for the 335 I stiffened my suspension and put larger wheels on my accord which made the car much closer to the driving dynamics of my present 335 coupe with sports suspension.

Recommendation
do some mods on the accord and you will be surprised how well the car can drive and is built.

OR

Also remember that 4 cylinder accords are a hot product in the market right now due to gas prices, so I would also post the car on autotrader because when the market settles there will be a buyer.
Good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
Skies,

I hate to say this, but there's no way of doing this deal without taking a prohibitively large bath, moneywise. Live with the Honda for a few years, then try and get rid of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gig103 View Post
Personally, I think you should keep driving the Honda until next year, and do the Euro Delivery next fall. Besides the cost savings, and getting to see Europe, you might do better with the Honda sale
Last night when I was posting some more snaps on the craigslist Ad, I felt bad for my Accord After all its my first car ! And it looks so lovely in those snaps. I remember the first glimpse of it when it was brought to me for a test drive.

It was a major redesign for the Accord and made it an eye catcher for sure.
Anyways, all this is starting to make sense to me now. I'll probably try to get this urgency of getting a new 335i out of my mind and relax a bit.
Waiting for a ED might be totally worth it !! By that time I'll probably get a justified value for my Accord.
Thanks so much guys for all your valuable advice and suggestions. I appreciate it a lot !
Old 09-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Turn Burglar

Mein Auto: Red Assless Chaps
For the record all I read was the thread title.

New guy:

1. Welcome to the Fest.
2. Trade the Honda for a 335i. You won't regret it.
3. When you get your 335i, DO NOT post a thread entitled "Is it ok to put 87 ocatne gas in my 335i?" No, it's not ok. That's a stupid ass question.
4. After you purchase your 335i DO NOT post a thread entitled "Did I get a good deal?" Instead tell the SA you want a day to think about it, then post the deal here before you sign papers. That way the advice you get will actually be helpful to you.
5. When you get your 335i, DO NOT post a thread entitled "Which flash should I get, JuiceBox or Dinan? Is it worth the difference?" There are 65,000 posts on this forum dedicated to the this topic. Look through my old posts for threads with "Dinan" in the title. Then PM me, because I don't work for BMW any more so I'll tell you what you should actually do.

Hint:

Ok, I'm all done.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipWOT View Post
For the record all I read was the thread title.

New guy:

1. Welcome to the Fest.
2. Trade the Honda for a 335i. You won't regret it.
3. When you get your 335i, DO NOT post a thread entitled "Is it ok to put 87 ocatne gas in my 335i?" No, it's not ok. That's a stupid ass question.
4. After you purchase your 335i DO NOT post a thread entitled "Did I get a good deal?" Instead tell the SA you want a day to think about it, then post the deal here before you sign papers. That way the advice you get will actually be helpful to you.
5. When you get your 335i, DO NOT post a thread entitled "Which flash should I get, JuiceBox or Dinan? Is it worth the difference?" There are 65,000 posts on this forum dedicated to the this topic. Look through my old posts for threads with "Dinan" in the title. Then PM me, because I don't work for BMW any more so I'll tell you what you should actually do.

Juice? Gulp..

Ok, I'm all done.
Thanks for the tips !
I am well aware of such forum-stupidity from other users. So don't worry about those questions from me, LOL.
For the record, since I am a research/analysis guy, my search+browse ratio of forums is about 1000:1
I had read all threads and posts about trade-ins on mot bimmer forums before I decided to get some advice on my own thread
Glad to be on bimmerfest !
Cheers !
Old 09-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 528i
Accord is a fine car, especially for your daily commute. If you need something for weekend/track, and since you seem to have money, you can buy a used BMW for that purpose.

Why did you buy the Accord the first place? Did you get a big promotion recently?
Old 09-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 528i
sorry double posted
Old 09-19-2008, 01:48 PM

Resale value of a CPO 2007/2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMQ View Post
Accord is a fine car, especially for your daily commute. If you need something for weekend/track, and since you seem to have money, you can buy a used BMW for that purpose.

Why did you buy the Accord the first place? Did you get a big promotion recently?
"Why did you buy the Accord the first place? "
Good question ! My fiance loved the new accord when it came out. I too had started my job after graduation in those days (late last year) so I didn't even think of a BMW considering my budget. So when she was out on a vacation, I bought this accord as a surprise gift for her. Indeed it was a superb gift. Yes, it's a great car for daily commute.

Did you get a big promotion recently?
No I did not. But my fiance would start earning now. That raises a second question. With an annual household income of about 150k - rent - other expenses, am I in a good position to get a Bimmer ? I have to keep in mind that we are just starting our career... well.. some may say its too early but I have always been the one who gets the latest and the best first. That seems to have gotten into my head too bad !!
*Considering consultation now*

I got a call from a dealer here that he is willing to sell a 2008 335i Convertible for about 45k. It comes with Premium, Sport, Cold weather packages but without navigation. I was a bit skeptical about the price since it has just 8300 miles on it. So I asked him why the previous seller turned it in. He said its because they had a kid and got an X5 from him. Will it be a good idea to go for this deal. There is a possibility I might not own this car for long. In case I finance it and drive it about 8000 more miles over the next 12-15 months, what would be the approximate depreciation on it ? It's for sure I won't buy a new 335i vert (60k+ out-of-door).
As a second option a new 335i loaded coupe would cost be about the same price but would depreciate a hell lot more.

So a CPO 2008 335i vert for 45k vs a 2009 335i full loaded Coupe.
*Lost in deep thought*

Last edited by skiesforme; 09-19-2008 at 01:55 PM.