Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 09-11-2008, 08:49 PM
Edev's Avatar
Edev Edev is offline
BMW Genius @ BMW Portland
Location: WA
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,198
Mein Auto: M Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30e View Post
Funny thing is I've been reported before for not being nice
what? someone reported you for that? ha, wow. i was reported as well. it was from..well, i wont mention names unless i have to

this person is rarely on anyways.
__________________
BMW Genius @BMWPortland.
2000 Z3 M Coupe
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-12-2008, 06:46 AM
KillerB KillerB is offline
Registered User
Location: Vic
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10
Mein Auto: skyline r34 gtr, bmw e36
it can be fabricated into a bmw as long as ur willing to spend some serious time citting buffing, fabricating mounting brakets and probebly a little painting too.. i honestly do like the new 2009 audi lights but putting them on a bmw most likely will never look like a clean job. from personal expeeriance with other friends cars that i have done some work on.. the two sides will be almost imposible to match. fenders, hood and front kit will need ulterations.... i wouldnt do it. maybe one day u see them made for bmw's on ebay u never know what china gets up too if they see demand...

by the way i have a gtr 34 too and the stove top tail lights are HOT on the gtr not a bmw.. ill try to see if i can find some pics of one of the cars i worked on " a mazda m5 with bmw z3 kit and lights.." that one was actuly done very very well that you couldnt pick it... but the money spent he might as well have got himself a Z..
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-14-2008, 09:01 PM
KillerB KillerB is offline
Registered User
Location: Vic
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10
Mein Auto: skyline r34 gtr, bmw e36
here u go, try that out if u curious enough to experement and put up some pics

seems very eazy to install just gata think how would u put it in to look acceptable.. im sure u can think of something

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2x-12cm-White...QQcmdZViewItem
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Soviet1942's Avatar
Soviet1942 Soviet1942 is offline
Zinnobitch
Location: Miami, FL
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 576
Send a message via AIM to Soviet1942 Send a message via MSN to Soviet1942 Send a message via Skype™ to Soviet1942
Mein Auto: 1987 325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30e View Post
This has to be the dumbest post in awhile, CONGRATS! After you've cut up your fender, hood, and front clip to make these lights work or destoryed a couple of head light assemblies to put led's in it, work on skyline gt-r tail lights because those look "cool" too!
You always say the douche-like s**t on here. If you have nothing to say, don't post. Atleast when posting something negative have some legit statements to back up your arrogance.

OT now, I think it can be done, just with time and patience. Don't they sell those LED tubes that are flexible and have LEDs like everyone other half inch on them on egay? (edit: Look at post above link). Just check those out and have a creative mind. You can't really expect EVERYTHING to have been done before.

Do you want the whole headlight or just the cool LED thing that those Audi' have?

Last edited by Soviet1942; 09-14-2008 at 09:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-14-2008, 11:52 PM
e30e e30e is offline
Search: Top right corner
Location: Tucson, Az
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,127
Mein Auto: e36 m3/4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet1942 View Post
You always say the douche-like s**t on here. If you have nothing to say, don't post. Atleast when posting something negative have some legit statements to back up your arrogance.

OT now, I think it can be done, just with time and patience. Don't they sell those LED tubes that are flexible and have LEDs like everyone other half inch on them on egay? (edit: Look at post above link). Just check those out and have a creative mind. You can't really expect EVERYTHING to have been done before.

Do you want the whole headlight or just the cool LED thing that those Audi' have?
I did have something to say. I said good luck cutting up sheet metal or destroying headlights. As for your reading comprehension he's looking for anything to look like audi's headlight so get the sand out of your vagina and go back to posting asking how lefty loosey/righty tighty works. If the OP can make something that does not look terrible or can find a product that does not look terrible I'll be the first to offer an apology other wise its going to look terrible.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 09-15-2008, 04:34 AM
nismosx08 nismosx08 is offline
Registered User
Location: East Hartford, CT
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 43
Mein Auto: 1996 328is
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30e View Post
i did have something to say. I said good luck cutting up sheet metal or destroying headlights. As for your reading comprehension he's looking for anything to look like audi's headlight so get the sand out of your vagina and go back to posting asking how lefty loosey/righty tighty works. If the op can make something that does not look terrible or can find a product that does not look terrible i'll be the first to offer an apology other wise its going to look terrible.
+1!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-15-2008, 03:49 PM
oakley's Avatar
oakley oakley is offline
The Dakar Dream
Location: Dorchester uk
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 870
Mein Auto: bmw compact 2000 e36
You can get them already installed in a BM light unit- theres a car in my town that has them- not my cuppa T- look awesome on the Audi but naff on a Bm but i think thats more due to the quality of the unit the bloke has.. So in a simple answer yes it can be done!! check ebay- if u can get them anywhere it will be on there- next time i see the car parked up i'll see if i can ask the owner where he got them from..But it'll have to be drk where no one can see me speaking to him as im afraid he has the matching lexus (in the US u call them something else but im sure u know wot i mean!) rear lights- M grills in the wings and blue LED's in the washer jets so im afraid I cant be seen to socialize with that sort of person!!
__________________
18" MV Alloys. AC Schnitzer exhaust. CCFL Angel eyes. 6500K HID's. Rogue Engineering RSM's. EBC Turbo discs and Greenstuff Pads. Retro fit dimming mirror. M style indicator wing mirrors. Carbon Fibre GT splitter. Carbon kidneys grills. Alpine IDA-X001 Ipod headunit. M3 leather gaitors. M pedals. Illuminated M gearshift. Reiger rear spoiler. Shark fin.
www.forum.edirty6.com
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-16-2008, 01:46 AM
e36mike's Avatar
e36mike e36mike is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: bay area
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,362
Mein Auto: e30 e36 e368
get an audi if u want that. stick with angels on the bimmer.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-16-2008, 12:04 PM
vull vull is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: EST
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 438
Mein Auto: e36 2.5i
ok, i can understand that audi was desperate to come up with something different than a BMW regarding the parking lights, but you should not replicate every sh1t you see out there... especially on a bmw..

ah yes - lexus-stlye rear lights are probably your favorite?
__________________
www.vimeo.com/3773833
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-17-2008, 03:01 PM
ardsam's Avatar
ardsam ardsam is offline
Uneducated Youth
Location: South East UK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 268
Mein Auto: 97 316i Compact
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakley View Post
You can get them already installed in a BM light unit- theres a car in my town that has them- not my cuppa T- look awesome on the Audi but naff on a Bm but i think thats more due to the quality of the unit the bloke has.. So in a simple answer yes it can be done!! check ebay- if u can get them anywhere it will be on there- next time i see the car parked up i'll see if i can ask the owner where he got them from..But it'll have to be drk where no one can see me speaking to him as im afraid he has the matching lexus (in the US u call them something else but im sure u know wot i mean!) rear lights- M grills in the wings and blue LED's in the washer jets so im afraid I cant be seen to socialize with that sort of person!!

I want your car!
Is it a 318 or a 316?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-19-2008, 12:25 AM
oakley's Avatar
oakley oakley is offline
The Dakar Dream
Location: Dorchester uk
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 870
Mein Auto: bmw compact 2000 e36
Cheers mate a 318ti
__________________
18" MV Alloys. AC Schnitzer exhaust. CCFL Angel eyes. 6500K HID's. Rogue Engineering RSM's. EBC Turbo discs and Greenstuff Pads. Retro fit dimming mirror. M style indicator wing mirrors. Carbon Fibre GT splitter. Carbon kidneys grills. Alpine IDA-X001 Ipod headunit. M3 leather gaitors. M pedals. Illuminated M gearshift. Reiger rear spoiler. Shark fin.
www.forum.edirty6.com
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Corey Milne's Avatar
Corey Milne Corey Milne is offline
FixItFaster
Location: Victoria, B.C.
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,936
Mein Auto: EuroS50B30, e83m54b30
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30e View Post
I did have something to say. I said good luck cutting up sheet metal or destroying headlights. As for your reading comprehension he's looking for anything to look like audi's headlight so get the sand out of your vagina and go back to posting asking how lefty loosey/righty tighty works. If the OP can make something that does not look terrible or can find a product that does not look terrible I'll be the first to offer an apology other wise its going to look terrible.
+1000000

I think those lights are cheesy to start with, and it is complete blasphemy..
And another thing, don't ever say beautiful and audi in the same sentence on bimmerfest again or we will find you..
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-19-2008, 05:32 PM
Rajht Rajht is offline
Registered User
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 49
Mein Auto: 328ic
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...spagenameZWDVW

Here they may be on the top but you can black out the white/silver part.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-21-2008, 12:55 AM
e90hater e90hater is offline
Registered User
Location: Southern California
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 45
Mein Auto: 1992 BMW 318is
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30e View Post
This has to be the dumbest post in awhile, CONGRATS! After you've cut up your fender, hood, and front clip to make these lights work or destoryed a couple of head light assemblies to put led's in it, work on skyline gt-r tail lights because those look "cool" too!
__________________
M3/// ALL THE WAY
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
audi, bmw, headlights, led, projection


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms