BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Right parking headlight malfunction? Angel Eye problem?

27K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  cgibbs 
#1 ·
Hi I have a 02 745i 80k miles and today I just turned the car on and it had shown that the "right headlight parking lamp malfunction!" I had checked the front lights and HID bulb were both on but only one side of the angel eyes were functioning meaning the other 2 halo ring lights were off. So it was only 2 /4 rings on How do I go about fixing this or know how seirious the problem is. Let me know, Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
This is not a serious problem at all. All you have to do is replace the halo bulb. Each headlight has one halo bulb in it. A set can be had on ebay for under 50 bucks. Do a search and you will find posts about it as well as a walkthru install.

#9 ·
For '06 and newer you HAVE to remove the front bumper cover due to a structural steel upright to the rear of the light assembly that is not there on the 745's. I tried going thru the engine compartment only - no joy! I had a smaller independent european auto shop do it and it took them 1hour. (Local BMW dealer quoted me 2.5hrs labor.)
As far as the actual LED's - I bought off Ebay from euroefx (efx) for $50, and they are high quality and great in appearance.

#13 · (Edited)
Hey Mate,

There is one bulb per set of lights. Therefore one bulb will light the two angel eyes.

The bulb at the top around the centre headlight

Two ways to do this.

A) Take off the bumper.

B) Take off the screws and wiggle your hand in there. ( if u have not done this before I would say go with taken off the bumper, which does not take that long). As there a few odd angles etc

It cost 50 bucks for a set of 2, or buy it from BMW for $$$$$$$.

Well worth the upgrade if you do it and looks awesome. Much sure you buy the bulb that say no error warning . (They have a small resistor so u dont get "error error) ". As per subject heading.

#15 ·
Hey

when you put the non OEM bulb in and you are using LED, the LED do not carry enough load and the BMW thinks ths is blown bulb. when it working. Hence you have to get LED bulb that say in the desciption- no error message etc. ( they have a small resisitor that builds up the load).

The upgrade is : yucky BMW yellow lights to nice "white", "blue or "red" angel eyes.
:thumbup:

#18 ·
Easy Job

Just completed this repair on an 03 E66. Took all of 15 minutes for the admittedly easier left front.

Member 3.5g's instruction where great:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=287035

I was initially a bit confused as another poster in the above thread very emphatically discredited the procedure by stating the bumper absolutely had to be removed to do this. That may be the case for 05+ face-lifted 7's but NOT necessary for my pre-facelifted E66.

#19 ·
Hello,

I have a 06' 750li. I replaced all of the bulbs; but the angel eyes on both sides will not operate. Im getting a parking light malfunction. I replaced the ballast because on of the xenon lights was flickering... The ballast fixed that problem. Someone please help. I did notice that the wire on the angel eye was brittle, so eye taped up the naked wire in both angel eyes; and still not working... Help?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.