Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 12-20-2001, 04:57 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to dbh-00-323Ci
Mein Auto:
Unhappy Ran over a deer last night!

On my way home (about 6:15 PM) I was following an SUV of great size when suddenly it veered to the left. I reacted by veering right and saw a rather large, dead deer in the road. I did not have time to do anything but run over it. What a freakin' mess. My left front wheel-well cover is gone, spoiler scratched up, rocker panel cover warped and that's just what I saw in the dark! I hosed off great amounts of blood, hair and guts from my car and have no idea what's underneath. I leave for work at 5:30 AM, so I've yet to see the car in daylight... maybe I don't want to. I reported the deer to the police and they said to call my insurance company. Man, what a downer.
Ads by Google
Old 12-20-2001, 05:30 AM
Ex-Dictator

Mein Auto: Saab
Damn, sorry to hear that. Glad you're safe. I hope it goes well with the insurance.

Alex
Old 12-20-2001, 06:57 AM
Gone Motoring!

Send a message via Skype™ to ayn
Mein Auto: Smart Fortwo cab
Angry man, that sucks

I hit TWO deers in 6 months, first in my parents MB, older (one generationg up) Benz's are solid, only $2k damage but that deer was damn huge and it died instantly. We were going to my graduation in Pittsburgh from Minnesota, hit the deer somewhere in Ohio, but were able to drive the car to Pittsburgh and then back from Pittsburgh to Minnesota. Awesome!

The second time was 12 hours after taking delivery of my bimmer, damn, that one hurt! I waited 6 months for my car, got it and hit a bambi very close to where I live after picking up my gf from the airport. I was so pissed that time. I did not see the deer before it was dead too, it was dark, and I think it ran out toward my car.

So, I know how you feel, at least it was dead so you didn't kill it.

--Andrew
Old 12-20-2001, 07:05 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Baumann
I hope it goes well with the insurance.

Alex
So far it's not. My agent says it's collision the adjuster says it's comprehensive. Collision will rase my rates... comprehensive may not... Nothing is easy.

So I just submitted it on the main company website. Let them sort it out.
Old 12-20-2001, 07:06 AM

Mein Auto:
Re: man, that sucks

Quote:
Originally posted by ayn
IThe second time was 12 hours after taking delivery of my bimmer, damn, that one hurt! I waited 6 months for my car, got it and hit a bambi very close to where I live after picking up my gf from the airport. I was so pissed that time. I did not see the deer before it was dead too, it was dark, and I think it ran out toward my car.

--Andrew
UGH, how much damage?
Old 12-20-2001, 07:08 AM
Gone Motoring!

Re: Re: man, that sucks

Quote:
Originally posted by dbh-00-323Ci

UGH, how much damage?
$8k, the Xenons alone were $1800...
Old 12-20-2001, 07:10 AM
Gone Motoring!

Quote:
Originally posted by dbh-00-323Ci

So far it's not. My agent says it's collision the adjuster says it's comprehensive. Collision will rase my rates... comprehensive may not... Nothing is easy.

So I just submitted it on the main company website. Let them sort it out.
A deer hit is comprehensive, there is no question about that, at least both times the insurance companies did a comprehensive for me...
Old 12-20-2001, 08:01 AM
The Corruptor

Mein Auto: ACS 323i
Sorry about your car but glad to hear you're ok.

I don't know why people don't have the common courtesy to report stuff like that so it can be taken care of or even move it themselves.