Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 02-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335 coupe
Red face Sign of the times and leasing deals

Hello
Now that no one really is buying cars due to economy, do you think i would be in better situation to get a better deal on a 335 convertible? i know its normally special order, but do you think due to economic situation, i could negotiate more ?

Also the recommended selling prices on edumuds,etc are probably high now given economy, right? for example it says normal sellign price of a BMW 335..is xxx dollars for example, but now though wouldnt that be too high given the fact that people are not buying as much?

Is BMW FS doing extra credit checks , requiring proof of income for long term customers? Just wondering because like everyone i am always worried that by the time my lease is due i could get laid off, who knows, i hope not, but you never kow. Been with BMWFS for 9 years now and have high credit score and think i will still be working but just wondering......just in case

anyway, thanks everyone for your help. I always find great information on this forum.
thanks
donna
Old 02-06-2009, 07:23 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 650i
If you are worried about being laid off then why are you going to buy an expensive car. Do you have cash reserves for 1 year without a job? Your best bet right now is the used car market. The people that did buy cars now need to sell their fun cars and even downgrade after losing their jobs. It is crazy how cheap slightly used cars are now. I would start there and if you can't find what you are looking for then go to the dealer.

Isn't BMW actually increasing prices soon or already have?