Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 02-09-2009, 09:34 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW 325i
1985 BMW 325e, should I buy it?

Hi, I posted this in the E30 forum as well. I have 2004 325i auto with step, and have fell in love with bimmers, but now I'm looking to purchase a manual. Here's the back story:

I ran across a black 1985 BMW 325e two door, 5spd with 137k on it. The owner says its not running and will need to be towed, but all it needs is an oil pump. He selling it for $700, should I purchase it or is it possible when the oil pump went out something else was damaged. Thanks in advance for feedback, input, and advice.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBlueDream View Post
Hi, I posted this in the E30 forum as well. I have 2004 325i auto with step, and have fell in love with bimmers, but now I'm looking to purchase a manual. Here's the back story:

I ran across a black 1985 BMW 325e two door, 5spd with 137k on it. The owner says its not running and will need to be towed, but all it needs is an oil pump. He selling it for $700, should I purchase it or is it possible when the oil pump went out something else was damaged. Thanks in advance for feedback, input, and advice.
No. They are dead cheap when running.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Keeping it surreal

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci ZHP 3 pedals
Avoid the "e" version (ETA engine), they were low-compression, low-revving engines designed for gas mileage, not performance....

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....
Old 02-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 535d
I had a 1984 325e. Sold it after 9 years with 105k miles. The car sturdy, but not a lot of fun to drive. The clutch is very heavy and you'll be rowing a lot to get decent speed out of it. The suspension is soft.

I'd agree with the other poster and pass on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBlueDream View Post

Current
2014 535d, M Sport, Space Gray/Mocha Nappa
Prior
2007 530i, White/Black, 6MT
2001 530i, Orient Blue/Beige, 5MT
1994 325is, White/Black 5MT
1984 325e, White/Black 5MT
1983 318i, Delphin/Beige 4MT
Old 02-09-2009, 05:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW 325i
Thanks for the advice

Thanks guys for letting me know. I think I will pass on this car.