Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 02-12-2009, 06:16 AM
King of Drone

Mein Auto: Bavarian Bombshell
I'm too young and therefore irresponsible for a loaner.

I bought my car at an Audi dealer and was hoping to score a day in an '09 A4. But no.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:23 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 C350 Sport
BMW of Fairfax tends to be pretty fair; they have a dealer set of loaners for VIPs and/or those who've purchased their car from them. Enterprise on site with 4 maybe 5 E90's (325's) which you can get if you're their helping them unlock the doors in the morning. However, they will try and fend you off of any loaners, for anything less than an hour worth of work regardless of how far in advance you book your appointment.

2011-2014: Mercedes-Benz C350 Sport W204//Arctic White//P1//Split Folding

2010-2011: '11 128i E82//6AT//SpaceGray//Value//Heated Steering//Heated Seats//Moonroof

2009-2010: '06 325i E90//6MT//Sapphire Black//Beige//Dark Burl//Premium//Cold

2006-2009: '02 325ci E46//5MT//Steel Blue Metallic//Grey//Premium//Heated Seats
Old 02-12-2009, 06:33 AM
Summer is coming!

Send a message via Skype™ to terranuser
Mein Auto: TL, R350
I've tried Russel BMW 3 times, at 730am and they have about 10 loaners waiting for us to pick up and drive. I believe you'd have to make an appointment at 730am to pick one up. I've gotten a loaner every time. Mostly 328i/xis and couple x3s
Old 02-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 Z4 3.0Si
Yep, it's all up to the dealer's discretion and whether they feel that a loyal client base is worth the investment of making these cars available. I've been going to Prestige BMW in Saddle River, NJ the past few years and they have always been able to provide a loaner when making an advanced appointment (even calling the evening before once when I got a nail in my tire), I've had an X3, 530i, 330i, and 328xi so far. Little things like this really help to build loyalty in my book and will keep customers returning in the future.

Another one was Rick Hendrick BMW in Charleston, SC...a long while back I was on vacation and had to take my 318ti in without an appointment and they gave me a Z4 to drive for the day...guess it kinda lit my fire for the model .

Personally I wouldn't even think of servicing my car let alone buying a new car from a BMW dealer that doesn't offer equivalent loaners. I bought a BMW because I like to drive BMW's....not Ford Focus's thank you (and yes there is a BMW dealer in NJ that gives those out...I've seen them on the Parkway with the dealership name and loaner stickers plastered on the back, all I could do was chuckle and make a mental note to never visit that dealership for anything).