Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest Regional > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT

NY / NJ / CT
NY / NJ / CT

Old 10-07-2008, 06:51 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 335i
Arrow Looking for the best dealer in NJ..

Hello all, this is my first post so please excuse the lack of abbreviations as I don't know all of them yet. First thanks for the information I've seen so far on this site. So, I'm looking to buy a 1 series in NJ, I've contacted a couple dealers from all around New Jersey mostly in Northern Jersey. The prices one of the dealers quoted me was a little less then MSRP for an 09 but I was really looking for an 08 to save a lot of money. It seems they are loaded with the options and nothing comes close to my request of a 128i with automatic. I am paying cash so I don't know how far that goes but I don't want to tell the dealers that via e-mail because I want them to harass me, as I'm afraid of dealers. Would I be asking a lot if I were asking for basically right in the middle of invoice and MSRP and them covering the TTL? Anyway, thanks for the help and thanks for the responses!
EDIT: If they told me prices on 2009 cars already would that be ED or do some dealers have them in stock?
Ads by Google
Old 10-08-2008, 09:05 PM
I brew life

Mein Auto: 2005 ZHP, Wife's Prius
I think Flemmington BMW has two 1's with auto on the showroom.

Has already been awarded the title "Destroyer of Sleep"
Old 10-25-2008, 07:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328xi
Read good things about JMK but I have never been.

FM
Old 10-26-2008, 09:08 PM
Miss the 6er..Love the M5

Send a message via AIM to vishaalpandya
Mein Auto: E60 M5
freehold is the worst
Old 10-26-2008, 10:21 PM

Mein Auto: '07 328xiT
I bought my 3 Series from Ricki Shaman at DeFeo BMW (one of our sponsors) and was very pleased with the price, and dealing with her.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:42 AM
AW/IM '08 ZM4C

Send a message via AIM to Robotechnology
Mein Auto: Z4MC/A6 & AllRoad 2.7t's
Asking a dealer to cover TT&L which amounts to more than the profit that you are offering (in between invoice and msrp--about $1K) is a bit much don't you think? With that aside, I think there are merits to all dealers regardless of location, the main thing is who the CA or manager is that you deal with. If the personnel you deal with are thorough and cross all the T's and dot all the I's, you will be fine.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:38 PM

Mein Auto: '08 328xi
We purchased our 3 series from BMW of Hunterdon. We have family that also just purchased from them. Definitely reccomend - very straight forward and no BS! Plus I've seen 1 series on their lot.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 1
Red face A kindergarten pupil

A kindergarten pupil told his teacher he'd found a cat. She asked him if it was dead or alive."Dead," She was informed."How do you know?" she asked her pupil. "Because I pissed in its ear and it didn't move," answered the child innocently. "You did WHAT?!?" the teacher exclaimed in surprise. "You know," explained the boy, "I leaned over and went 'Pssst!' and it didn't move." We offer WoW Power Leveling and World of Warcraft Powerleveling,world of warcraft power leveling,, Buy Cheap WoW Power Leveling, enjoy best service:cheap wow power leveling, buy wow power leveling, world of warcraft power leveling
Old 11-08-2008, 02:43 PM
"Clunker" *****

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 528A--165K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oeelidu90 View Post
A kindergarten pupil told his teacher he'd found a cat. She asked him if it was dead or alive."Dead," She was informed."How do you know?" she asked her pupil. "Because I pissed in its ear and it didn't move," answered the child innocently. "You did WHAT?!?" the teacher exclaimed in surprise. "You know," explained the boy, "I leaned over and went 'Pssst!' and it didn't move." We offer WoW Power Leveling and World of Warcraft Powerleveling,world of warcraft power leveling,, Buy Cheap WoW Power Leveling, enjoy best service:cheap wow power leveling, buy wow power leveling, world of warcraft power leveling
I don't get it.

Last edited by ProRail; 11-08-2008 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Where's the delete option?
Old 11-08-2008, 02:45 PM
"Clunker" *****

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 528A--165K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oeelidu90 View Post
I don't get it. Is that some kind of video game?
Old 11-08-2008, 02:48 PM

Mein Auto: .
Try Circle BMW in Eatontown. My mother has bought from them before. They are one of the largest BMW dealerships I have ever seen. I know that may not mean much, but they should have what you are looking for. When I used to live in Jersey I visited their parts department often. From the vibe I got from them they are very nice people there.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:05 PM

Mein Auto: X5 3.0/987S/997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan M View Post
Try Circle BMW in Eatontown. My mother has bought from them before. They are one of the largest BMW dealerships I have ever seen. I know that may not mean much, but they should have what you are looking for. When I used to live in Jersey I visited their parts department often. From the vibe I got from them they are very nice people there.
Circle does not deal.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:11 PM

Mein Auto: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by peakpro View Post
Circle does not deal.
Come again?
Old 11-09-2008, 09:24 AM
Made in Bavaria

Mein Auto: 07 X3 Sport, Audi TT
Princeton BMW

Daniel Rosa was the salesman. But with ANY dealer keep on you toes and keep you passion for the car out of the deal
Old 11-11-2008, 08:18 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 Z4 3.0si
I have leased and or bought from DiFeo in Tenafly and from Ramsey BMW. Used to like Difeo (3 cars) but I think they service has really gone to ****e (from service to sales all experiences were bad in the last year). For that reason I went to Ramsey to buy our 2008 Z4. Have been using them for service as well as sales and have all good reviews.
My suggestion is to get an onliine quote for your area. The one we got was $6000 below sticker and we did not have to haggle much over the price of the new car.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:47 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 335i
Talk to Gerry Vaughn at Flemington BMW.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:02 PM
E30 Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to kishg
Mein Auto: too many bmws
stay away from denville bmw.. crooks. can recommend westchester bmw and morristown bmw.
'91 SpecE30 #523
'03 540i/6 M-Sport
'00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle
BMWCCA #360858 NASA #
My Track Schedule
Old 11-21-2008, 01:39 PM

Mein Auto: 87 325ic, 08 X3, 08 135i
Bought my car from JMK...and had a great experience, NO BS, just paid and got my car and got a great deal.
2008 X3 3.0si Monaco Blue/Gray
BMWCCA #397316
Old 03-04-2009, 09:38 AM

Mein Auto: r1150r R
are you looking for a dealer or a sales person to get you a great deal? unfortunately buying a car is an evil sport.......but as many know it is a game. the longer you haggle with the sales person and manger the better the price but never fall into temptation. always leave and leave a $500 100% refundable deposit (get it in writing) this way they will not loose you bc they just got a taste of money. go online find "meet our staff" on another close by dealer and pick a salesperson, now you can call the first dealer using the other salesperson's name and tell them that he is giving you a way better deal. most sales people now others at close by dealers bc of newsletters and bmw events so they will most likely believe you and wont contact the other salesperson. the reason the wont communicate is bc it is a game and they are shallow. its like the saying " monkey f#cking a football" a lot of action or talk but no results yet. once it gets towards the end of the month the freak and go into desperate mode this is when you are likely to get your desired number. be creative play their game.....but win! as far as my suggestion never go to DIFEO!!!!!!! now BMW of TENAFLY!!!!!!!! its a bunch of monkeys and you will become the football! if you want recommendations just ask. i have friends that work at almost every dealer in the metro area and i have price list with "trunk money" and option money for discount. overall i would recommend prestige bc they take great pride in the cars but also their customers. everyone has a bad experience at a dealer once in there life but it shouldn't be reoccurring like it would at BMW of Tenafly. my engine light went on right around the block from BMW of Tenafly so i brought it in on a tuesday at 8am. they finally took my car at noon.....how do i know you may ask? bc it left the service area and down the street with 2 valets and one girl that work there flying down the road right pass me as i was walking to the deli. my own car engine roaring with only 1,500 miles on it and then tires screeching around the corner. i ran to see where they were going and say them speeding through a mud,dirt, and gravel lot to find cars for the sales people. my new car was used to drop employees off and a joy ride before it went to the offsite shop. never again will i ever go back to BMW of Tenafly.!!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 05:58 PM

Mein Auto: 86'325e, 06' 325xi
my salesman at open road in morristown was awesome ( brian ) just dont you use there service dept. cause they are the worst but he was a great guy for the sale

PM if you want his full name

oh i saw some ones on the showroom floor when i was there last
Old 03-05-2009, 07:15 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 335i 6MT
There is an '08 135 at the dealer near me. It's loaded and may be out of your price range but the dealer is going out of business so they are staying open just long enough to get rid of existing stock. If you are willing to travel it's food for thought.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:09 AM

Mein Auto: 1989 525i
Try Park Ave BMW n Maywood. I got my 08' 128i there with no complaints. My slaesman was really nice and helpfull (Rob). Thier service dept. is pretty good also. I don't know if they have anymore 128i's but it doesn't hurt to try. Good Luck
Old 03-14-2009, 06:15 AM

Mein Auto: e38 e39
I'll second the nod to Park Ave, however I would recommend Mike Messinger. I have dealt with him for over 6 years now and I have sent many many people his way. All have been pleased with him and his desire to meet their needs. If anyone needs an introduction, pm me and I'll be glad to help out.
CDV Delete
M5 Rear Sway
Rogue WSR & Short Shifter
Rogue Tranny Mounts
Euro Armrest
Aspheric side mirrors
Custom Dension iPod mount
Bluetooth

2001 740i Short Sport
Completely stock...for now
Old 03-14-2009, 07:21 AM

Mein Auto: E46 325i 01'
id definately go with either ramsey BMW or the one on rt. 80 west just a couple miles before you get on 17 N. all my parts ive gotten at both were at reasonable prices and the people there are good too... the Park Ave one i think its called had some 1 series on their lot but not sure anymore same with ramsey bmw
Old 03-29-2009, 06:51 PM

Mein Auto: 528
Avoid Bell BMW and Morristown BMW. Try Hunterdon BMW by Clinton NJ. I have not heard anything bad about them. I would also avoid JMK. I worked in that area and heard a lot of complaints before I bought a BMW.