BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Evans NPG+ Waterless Coolant --anyone use in a v8?

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ganesht 
#1 ·
Anyone use this NPG+ Stuff? Bavauto sells it...I was interested to see what you guys think before going this route. I am going to replace a few cooling system components (those over 3 years old), and wanna swap fluids at that time.

-Steve

#2 ·
from http://www.evanscooling.com/catalog/C_npg1.htm :
Evans NPG+ Waterless Coolant is the recommended coolant for all gasoline and diesel engines. NPG+ is a stand-alone lifetime coolant that does not freeze, or boil over. NPG+ controls detonation, cavitation, and is non-corrosive. Installing NPG+ requires the radiator, engine block and heater core to be drained completely and then filled 100% with NPG+. NPG+ meets or exceeds both the ASTM D 1384 corrosion test and the ASTM D 3306-94 specifications.
What... prevents detonation?

#6 · (Edited)
Or you can try Red Line's WaterWetter for $9.95

WaterWetter Demo

WaterWetter® is a unique wetting agent for cooling systems which reduces coolant temperatures by as much as 30ºF. This liquid product can be used to provide rust and corrosion protection in plain water for racing engines, which provides much better heat transfer properties than glycol-based antifreeze. Or it can be added to new or used antifreeze to improve the heat transfer of ethylene and propylene glycol systems. Designed for modern aluminum, cast iron, copper, brass and bronze systems. Compatible with all antifreezes, including the latest long-life variations.

· Doubles the wetting ability of water
· Improves heat transfer
· Reduces cylinder head temperatures
· May allow more spark advance for increased torque
· Reduces rust, corrosion and electrolysis of all metals
· Provides long term corrosion protection
· Cleans and lubricates water pump seals
· Prevents foaming
· Reduces cavitation corrosion
· Complexes with hard water to reduce scale

http://www.redlineoil.com/products_coolant.asp?subCategoryID=4

#7 ·
I put snake oil in my cooling system, it works best! :D Seriously, though, this stuff seems designed for older domestics rather than a BMW; they want you to pull the thermostat out. Probably would burn out water pumps :\

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.