Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 04-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTB13 View Post
1% sounds pretty good to me.
The 1% is for a dealer that is located in an area that is fairly arid (12 inches of average annual rainfall), so I wouldn't be uncorking the champagne just yet.

Quote:
I think if they had extended the warranty (not sure if this includes the '09s though) before I signed my paperwork I would have bought instead.
At this point, the 'extended' warranty on HPFPs is at best alleged - there is nothing that I have seen in writing from BMWNA on the subject. Since I still periodically get mailings from BMWNA on the E93 (even though it was repurchased in January, 2009), I think I would have received something if the warranty on the HPFP of that car (it was a MY 2008) had been extended.

Quote:
The 335i is an amazing car - and it sounds like the dealers (generally) take pretty good care of their customers so frankly getting a HPFP replaced doesn't sound like the end of the world to me...
Unless you happened to be one of the unlucky ones whose car refused to start.... Bet it would be significantly different then.... Especially if you were stranded on an out-of-town trip....
Old 04-08-2009, 07:41 AM

Mein Auto: 335i sedan, sport paddles
Quote:
Originally Posted by anE934fun View Post
The 1% is for a dealer that is located in an area that is fairly arid (12 inches of average annual rainfall), so I wouldn't be uncorking the champagne just yet.
No disrespect intended, but calling the SF area arid -by any measure- sounds like calling arizona summers cold. SF is the fog capital of the world, it may not rain in summer that much, but the condensing fog is just incredible. I would worry more about condensate and relative humidity than inches of rain. Phoenix arizona gets 9" of rain, how does its landscape compare with SF?
Old 04-08-2009, 08:00 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdriver View Post
No disrespect intended, but calling the SF area arid -by any measure- sounds like calling arizona summers cold. SF is the fog capital of the world, it may not rain in summer that much, but the condensing fog is just incredible. I would worry more about condensate and relative humidity than inches of rain. Phoenix arizona gets 9" of rain, how does its landscape compare with SF?
The dealer that I purchased the M3 from is not located in the S.F. Bay Area.... Back in 2006 the Bay Area dealers were all in love with their M cars; the most you could get in the way of a discount was $500 off of MSRP. So, I went out of the area to a dealer where my father lives... where the average annual rainfall is 12 inches....
Old 04-18-2009, 07:07 PM
First Timer

Mein Auto: Me: M3; Her: 335i
Just returned from having my summer tires put on.

They gave me a printout that said my HPFP was among those that received a warranty extension. New warranty of HPFP is 10yrs, 120k miles, whichever comes first.

FYI
I just love how a 4 year old car/design is STILL the benchmark which other automakers aspire to reach. Still winning comparisons . Still very much in the conversation. Is the E9x M3 a legend? You bet your @ss it is.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:03 AM

Mein Auto: 330xi, 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by wouvlfe View Post
my 335, about 4000 miles in, ran into the hpfp problem
(long crank when attempting to start, service engine light came on after car started)

considering its a $50k car...
i was quiet upset, ready to walk into my dealership and start screaming at someone.
then, call BMW NA, and scream at them as well.
then, maybe get an attorney.

BUT, i figured i would start with the dealership, be nice and give them a chance to make it right. so, i described my long cranking problem over the phone, set up an appointment and drove over the next evening.

dropped the car off, got a free loaner.
next day, they call me and inform me that the hpfp has been replaced.
picked up my car that evening.

it runs and sounds like brand new.
ahhh, hearing that low rumble is a soothing sound
moreover, my loaner was a 328 and now i know why i paid about $6k more for the 335

my experience was totally painless...granted if i had any out-of-pocket costs, i would indeed be upset...but it was $0

my question to some of you...why so much concern about the fuel pump since it has a 4 year warranty to start with...and now...it has a 10 year warranty?
have other people had a totally different experience with their hpfp issues?
I am fortunate to have experienced no HPFP problem, but am looking forward to having one. The group of people who have been lured into ordering a 335i, but whose cars have not been delivered yet, have irrational fear of the N54B30 engine fuel delivery system. We have had no first hand experience with the pump of ill fame, but have been exposed to many reports akin to novels by Stephen King, not to live in a state of trepidation. We are grateful for the rational and soothing reports such as yours that temporarily alleviate our concerns.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 e92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oulixes View Post
The group of people who have been lured into ordering a 335i, but whose cars have not been delivered yet, have irrational fear of the N54B30 engine fuel delivery system. We have had no first hand experience with the pump of ill fame, but have been exposed to many reports akin to novels by Stephen King, not to live in a state of trepidation.
So true. I ordered a 335 coupe today and was so very quite excited about it. I have to say, though, that after I read this thread I found myself second-guessing my decision, particularly since I plan to purchase, rather than lease.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:46 AM
Gentleman Extraordinaire

Mein Auto: 2009 E92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG1 View Post
So true. I ordered a 335 coupe today and was so very quite excited about it. I have to say, though, that after I read this thread I found myself second-guessing my decision, particularly since I plan to purchase, rather than lease.
+1 - although I'm not second-guessing my decision. I'd take the giddy-up of a 35 over a 28 anyday although both are great cars. I hope I don't have the HPFP problem but if that's the only gripe I have about an otherwise amazing vehicle, then so be it.

The new "cubby hole" behind the gearshift and the front cupholders - now THAT's something to get riled up about!

2009 E92 335i xDrive (Ordered 3/21/09 / Completed 5/4/09 / Delivery 6/6/09)

Space Gray Metallic / Black Dakota Leather / Gray Poplar Wood Trim / ZPP / ZCW / ZSP with 18" wheels / StepTronic / Navi+HD Radio / Logic 7 / iPod+USB / PDC / Anti-Theft
Old 04-22-2009, 05:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 MB C230 Sport Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wouvlfe View Post

my question to some of you...why so much concern about the fuel pump since it has a 4 year warranty to start with...and now...it has a 10 year warranty?
have other people had a totally different experience with their hpfp issues?

This is why the concern. Situations like this:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252578

Leif W.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:10 PM
SUPPORTING VENDOR

Mein Auto: 07' E90 and 95' E36 M3x2
I love BMW's full warranty that covers everything.