Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 04-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 Porsche 911 C2 Cab
Run flat tires

I am sorry to see that the F01/F02 comes with Run Flat Tires - I am additionally concerned about my options for winter tires - I cannot yet find (Tire Rack, Goodyear, Dunlop Websites) a winter run flat tire for the 19" sport package rims. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Advertisement
Old 04-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Go Gators

Send a message via AIM to BmW745On19's
Mein Auto: 745i
Screw runflats. The car rode beautifully with runflats but starts to understeer like mad at its limits. I think it would drive a lot better with regular tires.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:06 PM

Mein Auto: 325i
I am a tire tech @ discount tires and work with runflats all the time i honestly thnk they are a waste but thats my opinion. they are a one time use tire if you get a nail in it you are done with that tire. i would recommand that you would but michelin pilots on your car. my dad has a 745 and thats what i got him and it awsome, its not loud and rides very smooth. goodyear tires rubber is very hard and its loud same thing with dunlop.

but i would deff go with michelin pilots 100%
Old 05-04-2009, 02:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2003 Porsche 911 C2 Cab
Ordering F01 from Factory Without Run Flats?

Will BMW allow for ordering this new F01 without Run Flats? It would be EXTREMELY expensive to buy the stock vehicle, buy new NON run flat rims and tires then try to somehow unload the OEM stock run flats....Will BMW allow special order so I do not get soaked on the deal?
Old 05-04-2009, 08:26 PM

Mein Auto: an old Camaro
BMW will not build the car without RFT's.....

As far as winters go, recommend going with 18's on a dedicated alloy set - no mount and dismount issues (which offset the cost over time), plus the narrower width will allow the tire to cut through snow better and get down to pavement (the wider tire will start "snow-planing" sooner....)