Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 05-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 Audi A6 3.0T
Full Detail Devon Hill BMW - any experience?

Devon Hill BMW in Philly area advertises full detail service. Has anyone used them for full detail? How were they? Would you use them again?

Also, in general, do new car dealers do a good job detailing or would you recommend going to a small shop for better quality?

Thanks!
Ads by Google
Old 05-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 335i Coupe
Never let a dealer wash and/or detail your car!
Old 05-09-2009, 09:06 PM

Mein Auto: 335i Xdrive
I have used a private guy for years, he details and will even color sand the car down later on in life when it needs it. His prices are good $300 as I recall for the full on service, and is the only man I ever trusted to do my Black Vette. No machine ever touched it otherwise.

I would recommend him in a minuet. If you want his info, PM me, I will dig it up. They are right in Philly and the car looked Brand new (it was 7 years old)
Old 05-09-2009, 09:58 PM
///M+AMG=?

Mein Auto: 6MT
I thought about it once.. then... nah~~
Old 05-10-2009, 12:05 AM
Trend Setter!

Mein Auto: BMW 328i 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwhitpan View Post
I have used a private guy for years, he details and will even color sand the car down later on in life when it needs it. His prices are good $300 as I recall for the full on service, and is the only man I ever trusted to do my Black Vette. No machine ever touched it otherwise.

I would recommend him in a minuet. If you want his info, PM me, I will dig it up. They are right in Philly and the car looked Brand new (it was 7 years old)
+1000

To the OP:
The REAL detailers are artists.. the ones working at dealerships/car washes are all hacks. Avoid them, they will destroy your paint and find a real artist to detail your car. You can also ask the same question on Autopia (a detailing forum). The link is http://www.autopia.org/forum/index.php

A lot of professional detailers hang around there who will be willing to detail your car and you can also ask for references.
2013 Honda Accord EX-L, Modern Steel Metallic/Black Interior
2009 BMW 328i, Jet Black/Black Interior/Premium/Sports/Navi/iPod/Xenon/Automatic
Past:
2008 Acura TSX, Carbon Grey Pearl/Black Interior/Navi

Last edited by deznium; 05-10-2009 at 12:10 AM.