Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 05-09-2009, 11:28 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 06 530 xi t
model year confusion

so, '10's are now being listed on the bmwusa website under the current E60. so, if the F10 is released say one year from now in '10, will it be an '11? then what happens in calendar year '11? it is still an '11? this makes for a very long model year doesn't it? then the F10 wagon will come out say at the start of '11 as a '12? a bit confusing, i must say...
Ads by Google
Old 05-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonman View Post
so, '10's are now being listed on the bmwusa website under the current E60. so, if the F10 is released say one year from now in '10, will it be an '11? then what happens in calendar year '11? it is still an '11? this makes for a very long model year doesn't it? then the F10 wagon will come out say at the start of '11 as a '12? a bit confusing, i must say...
Yes, the F10 will come out sometime in 2010 as a 2011 model and it's fairly likely it will come out next spring and have a long model year. The current 3er, the E90, came out in the spring of 2005 as a 2006 model and I'm pretty sure the E60 came out in the spring of 2003 as a 2004 model. It really not unusual for car makers to bring out some next model year cars early. The day of all the new cars being introduced in the fall are long gone. The name of the game now is get it into the market as soon as it's ready.

The 2009 model year E60 was a pretty short model year.

Don't know about the wagon. With the current 3er the wagon came out at the same time as the sedan.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **