Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > BMW Motorcycles (aka Beemers) and the Competition

BMW Motorcycles (aka Beemers) and the Competition
Have an interest in BMW motorcycles or just motorcycles in general? Discuss the line of BMW motorcycles and how they may compare to the rest of the competition in this forum!

View Poll Results: Which one?
Black 39 76.47%
Red 7 13.73%
Dude you're a ***. 5 9.80%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Mein Auto: 1998 323is
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMM_ERT View Post
AWESOME!!!! I'm glad you went with the Red...

On a side note....check out this new "chopper"....

...from HONDA!!!

[/url]
That is bad@ass!!

Thanks everyone, I'm definately gonna post up pics and hopefully some videos. There aren't many vids on youtube, and this one has an aftermarket exhaust+1200cc
Old 05-11-2009, 05:40 PM
call me darkcloud

Send a message via ICQ to Jever Send a message via AIM to Jever Send a message via MSN to Jever Send a message via Yahoo to Jever
Mein Auto: .
I voted for "dude you're a ***." I'm not sure what a/an *** is however I think that it was a good choice for me especially since I'm way too chickensh!t to ever get back on a bike again.

I had some fun riding however the overwhelming feeing of being scared out of my mind after losing 2 friends made me put down the kick stand forever.

Props to you guys with the balls to ride. I envy you. I've got enough road rash on me as it is, I don't care to go through that again.

I have to say that being on a Duccati doing about 140mph along the Autobahn was some good times. I had to buy new undershorts, but it was a rush for sure.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder
Old 05-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jever View Post
I voted for "dude you're a ***." I'm not sure what a/an *** is however I think that it was a good choice for me especially since I'm way too chickensh!t to ever get back on a bike again.

I had some fun riding however the overwhelming feeing of being scared out of my mind after losing 2 friends made me put down the kick stand forever.

Props to you guys with the balls to ride. I envy you. I've got enough road rash on me as it is, I don't care to go through that again.

I have to say that being on a Duccati doing about 140mph along the Autobahn was some good times. I had to buy new undershorts, but it was a rush for sure.
It was supposed to say "fagg" (minus a 'g'), I didn't think that'd be sensored...

That's too bad you don't ride, but you've got enough reason to be! This past summer I lost a close friend to a drunk driver that pulled out in front of him when he was on his GSXR. Some people are just plain f*cking stupid, and they make the roads dangerous for bikers. I never wore a jacket before (or a helmet most of the time), that's changing this year. Jacket, gloves, helmet are being worn every ride, no matter how hot or short the trip is.

BTW, my top speed so far has been right at 140 too, what a feeling! A very small part of me wanted to go faster, the majority of me said f*ck no!
Old 05-11-2009, 06:16 PM
call me darkcloud

Send a message via ICQ to Jever Send a message via AIM to Jever Send a message via MSN to Jever Send a message via Yahoo to Jever
Mein Auto: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryans E39 View Post
It was supposed to say "fagg" (minus a 'g'), I didn't think that'd be sensored...

That's too bad you don't ride, but you've got enough reason to be! This past summer I lost a close friend to a drunk driver that pulled out in front of him when he was on his GSXR. Some people are just plain f*cking stupid, and they make the roads dangerous for bikers. I never wore a jacket before (or a helmet most of the time), that's changing this year. Jacket, gloves, helmet are being worn every ride, no matter how hot or short the trip is.

BTW, my top speed so far has been right at 140 too, what a feeling! A very small part of me wanted to go faster, the majority of me said f*ck no!
A guy I grew up with got turned into a lawn dart. He was racing and a gal pulled out in front of him from a side street. He flew a good 100+ft head first into a light pole. Another friend of mine got "beer ponged" off of several mail boxes before he died.

Anything can happen on the road. Car, bike, hummer, whatever, sh!t can always go wrong....and it will. Shortly before one of my last rides a guy was on the highway when a truck kicked up a piece of plywood. It took the guys head clean off.

I've got my scars and one of my good buddies is now weathy from a Home Depot accident. I'll keep my fat ass on 4 wheels from now on. Honestly though, I do wish I could find it in me to ride. After driving cars on the Los Angeles freeways I have to wonder how one could ever survive the expedition.

Props again for you to getting out and riding. I hope you have awesome times and most of all hope you stay safe and the steel cagers don't run you over.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder
Old 05-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jever View Post
A guy I grew up with got turned into a lawn dart. He was racing and a gal pulled out in front of him from a side street. He flew a good 100+ft head first into a light pole. Another friend of mine got "beer ponged" off of several mail boxes before he died.

Anything can happen on the road. Car, bike, hummer, whatever, sh!t can always go wrong....and it will. Shortly before one of my last rides a guy was on the highway when a truck kicked up a piece of plywood. It took the guys head clean off.

I've got my scars and one of my good buddies is now weathy from a Home Depot accident. I'll keep my fat ass on 4 wheels from now on. Honestly though, I do wish I could find it in me to ride. After driving cars on the Los Angeles freeways I have to wonder how one could ever survive the expedition.

Props again for you to getting out and riding. I hope you have awesome times and most of all hope you stay safe and the steel cagers don't run you over.
That's where I'm definately most comfortable too!
No doubt this is dangerous, I've had some stuff fly off vehicles in front of me=heart stopping panic!
Have you considered getting a smaller bike (ninja 250) for doing city/town driving? From my experience highway driving is where most of the scary crap happens....
Old 05-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Is it Trackday yet?

Mein Auto: 05 330ci 6MT
I feel everyone's pain as I too have been on the pavement, however, there's risk in crossing the street too. I love how motorcycle threads always take this turn on the discussion.

In my experience, your best choice is to reduce the risks, and that means staying out of traffic and away from the mindless drones behind the wheel.

The road less traveled is where the best rides happen.

"You drive like old people $#@%... slow and sloppy!" - George Carlin
Old 05-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvr826 View Post
I feel everyone's pain as I too have been on the pavement, however, there's risk in crossing the street too. I love how motorcycle threads always take this turn on the discussion.

In my experience, your best choice is to reduce the risks, and that means staying out of traffic and away from the mindless drones behind the wheel.

The road less traveled is where the best rides happen.
Trust me, I'm looking for them! I'm lucky enough to have a *practically* empty 3 mile stretch of winding roads about 3 minutes from my house. Just gotta clean off that gravel before getting down to business
Old 05-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Is it Trackday yet?

Mein Auto: 05 330ci 6MT
Check this out! I live right in the middle of all this deliciously twisty, mountain goodness.

"You drive like old people $#@%... slow and sloppy!" - George Carlin
Old 05-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Eradicatooor!

Mein Auto: WTB: ///M, 05' 636 Kawk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvr826 View Post
Check this out! I live right in the middle of all this deliciously twisty, mountain goodness.

Hey! Stay off my mountain. I pown 9
Old 05-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Must be great having those roads!

Deal fell through on this Buell, the guy lied about the f*cking title, now I'm searching again...
Old 05-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Ones and Zeros

Mein Auto: It has two dipsticks
Quote:

Deal fell through on this Buell, the guy lied about the f*cking title, now I'm searching again...
Ugh.. That blows. I don't understand why people just cannot be honest??

Good luck with the search.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:47 AM
YeS...

Mein Auto: 02' 530/08' SuZuKi GsX-r
Quote:

That sucks big time!
What exactly did he lie about? Was it salvage?

How about going with the black one?
Old 05-15-2009, 06:23 AM
Please, call me Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvThatSam View Post
Ugh.. That blows. I don't understand why people just cannot be honest??

Good luck with the search.
I know, I drove over 400 miles to go look at it too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglovemp View Post
That sucks big time!
What exactly did he lie about? Was it salvage?

How about going with the black one?
The title was salvage. I asked the guy literally 10 times, "Is the title clean, and in your name?", every time he responded "Yeah". The black one is already sold

Today I'm going to look at an 01 Yamaha R6, and an 03 GSXR 750. Should be fun, both are great bikes, but I really wanted that darn buell
Old 05-15-2009, 07:11 AM
YeS...

Quote:
The title was salvage. I asked the guy literally 10 times, "Is the title clean, and in your name?", every time he responded "Yeah". The black one is already sold

Today I'm going to look at an 01 Yamaha R6, and an 03 GSXR 750. Should be fun, both are great bikes, but I really wanted that darn buell
Dude that sucks big time. Oh well i guess it wasnt meant to be...
I would def go for the 750 over the R6 anyday.
Either way, they are both nice bikes. You will not be dissappointed.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Quote:
Dude that sucks big time. Oh well i guess it wasnt meant to be...
I would def go for the 750 over the R6 anyday.
Either way, they are both nice bikes. You will not be dissappointed.
I didn't end up with either of those bikes
I read up on the R6: They had major tranny problems with second gear, not something I'm gonna deal with, plus it wasn't fuel injected
The GSXR was nice, but not worth the price IMO, and everybody has one...

I instead went with a 2001 CBR F4i (600cc) with under 10K miles for $1200 less than the GSXR! Insurance is way cheaper, it's not much slower, and it's cheaper to work on. I figure with the new exhaust/intake/power commander/ and 520 conversion I'll keep up if not beat my friends GSXR up to 100-ish mph. I'll have weight advantage, and I've got cojones of steel compared to him
Old 05-18-2009, 05:59 AM
YeS...

Quote:
I didn't end up with either of those bikes
I read up on the R6: They had major tranny problems with second gear, not something I'm gonna deal with, plus it wasn't fuel injected
The GSXR was nice, but not worth the price IMO, and everybody has one...

I instead went with a 2001 CBR F4i (600cc) with under 10K miles for $1200 less than the GSXR! Insurance is way cheaper, it's not much slower, and it's cheaper to work on. I figure with the new exhaust/intake/power commander/ and 520 conversion I'll keep up if not beat my friends GSXR up to 100-ish mph. I'll have weight advantage, and I've got cojones of steel compared to him
The CBRs are very nice bikes.
Congrats on your purchase...

Now posts some more pics other than that very small pic you posted on the other thread.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Quote:
The CBRs are very nice bikes.
Congrats on your purchase...

Now posts some more pics other than that very small pic you posted on the other thread.
I'm bringing it home tomorrow (unless the gods spite me yet again )!