Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 05-15-2009, 08:48 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 Diesel X5 & MBZ R350
Lightbulb 2009 328i loaner impressions

This is a 2009 E90 loaner comparison to my 2007 E90:

SO I called my dealer (Shelly BMW in Buena Park, CA) for service on my 328xi and was instantly told to bring it in. Got the low mileage oil service, wiper rubbers, microfilter and brake check done on their dime. I did get the air box engine air filter replaced even though it was not time because I was taught a long time ago that an engine that gets clean unobstructed air works better.

Onto the loaner:
2009 328i with 400 miles still new.

Engine = seemed muted - almost a bit sluggish on acceleration - didn't seem to be peppy like my E90. Could this have been a new vehicle still breaking in ???

Tires = even with RFT tires, the ride was very nice - smooth and not jarring like my Xi sedan! Probably due to the non XI suspension ??

Interior = same with very subtle changes inside.

Exterior = nicer body changes in the rear & sides - see pictures below. Exhaust tips have been beefed up with a brushed aluminum look to it. Nice factory tinted glass. Nice front light group eliminating the amber but they stuck on a amber reflector on the front sides of the wheel well. Not too crazy about the 2 extra lines on the hood - distracting while driving seeing multiple reflections from the hood.

Items I missed =
Xenon lights - seemed like the loaner halogens were dimming yellow or my vision was failing ;

Comfort Access - kept forgetting that the loaner didn't have this option and kept tugging on the door handle without any result

Bluetooth - had to use my phone without bluetooth which is illegal in this state.

Pix of the loaner:

Missed my car - never felt good to have my custom familiar ride back !

Last edited by Pat_X5; 05-15-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2009, 10:10 AM

Mein Auto: 3 Series
where is the pic???
Old 05-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Ego writing cheques that

Mein Auto: Subaru Forester
I was surprised by the performance of the'28 engine when given a 528xi loaner. It was plenty peppy and got me around just fine. It was eye opening, to be honest, especially in DS mode on the auto box. I can see why the 328'ers are happy with their cars. The only time I missed the power was entering interstates coming up an on-ramp compared to the '35 engine I had in my 335xi. Of course, now I have an M3, so the difference is much more pronounced to say the least! The sluggish response might be due to the adaptive driving system.

Going to a non-CA car from a CA is a bit of pain. I am glad I wasn't arrested in the car park while I rummaged around for the key in my pocket!
Also available in Alpine White...