Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2009 Santa Barbara, CA sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Bimmerfest 2009 Santa Barbara, CA sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks
The 10th annual Bimmerfest show in Santa Barbara, CA will be held on May 2, 2009 at the Santa Barbara Polo & Racquet Club!
Sponsored by HorsepowerFreaks

Old 05-05-2009, 04:11 PM
The original E9

Send a message via AIM to RBE9
Mein Auto: 74 3.0CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmodena310 View Post
yea i checked out your garage lovely car!
Haha ty Next Bimmerfest il have a different car I think.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:34 PM

Mein Auto: E36 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOlSappy View Post
I got chewed out by an asian copm and his chicl partner cop at motel 6 twice. First i was out side with aren and gary relaxing with a beer and they come up and start tellin gus about open container ****. as i started walking away the asian cop asks how old are you( casue i look like im 18 lol) so i told him im 22 u want to see my ID and hes like no. I told him have a good night and :went to my room. a couple min later i wanted a cig so right as i open my hotel room door the same cop was walking by and started yelliing at me again " didnt i tell u to stay in your room!!" and im like i just wanted to have a cig not noticing the beer in my hand. he started trying to scare me by telling me he would arrest me so i was just like ok sorry man i just wanted a cig and he kept on going about somethin gi dont know and finally left. when he left i gave him a nice wave goodbye with my middle finger. ass hole cops. and honedtly the guy looked like he had just gotten out of the acadamy. oh well...

who actually got arrested????
I was there with with you Jesse and Gary, i had the black M3 that was revving in an attempt to wake up NorCal.

It was pathetic how those pigs acted, all pumped up like they were on roids. Loved it when you offered to show them ID after asking your age. This is what im talking about, the SB cops are so protected that they dont care who they mouth off to. And they wonder why more officer related shootings are happening around the country.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:36 AM
tom x e36

Send a message via AIM to tomxe36
Mein Auto: 1995 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Force13b View Post
I got no front plate and smog reffed. Not bad for my first bimmer fest, maybe it was because i wasn't driving a bimmer?
were u driving a 240sx ?
Old 05-06-2009, 03:46 AM
tom x e36

oh yea one more thing...

okay lets jsut say next year i drive a e46 m3 (most common car that i saw on the caravan) and when the cop lights me and wants to pull me over, instead of stopping i just jet and try to loose him and i just go inbetween all the other bimmers and try to blend in. haha would that be stupid?
Old 05-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 97 White 328iC
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomxe36 View Post
oh yea one more thing...

okay lets jsut say next year i drive a e46 m3 (most common car that i saw on the caravan) and when the cop lights me and wants to pull me over, instead of stopping i just jet and try to loose him and i just go inbetween all the other bimmers and try to blend in. haha would that be stupid?
LOL. Yeah, it's stupid. But if you get a common color, it might just work...
Old 05-06-2009, 09:07 PM

Mein Auto: E36 M3
Quote:
oh yea one more thing...

I like the way you think.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:39 AM
tom x e36

Quote:
Originally Posted by wag-zhp View Post
LOL. Yeah, it's stupid. But if you get a common color, it might just work...
yea haha thats wat i was thinking, white , silver , black ... pretty easy to blend in.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to synenergy52
Mein Auto: 330i
just a lil.

Quote:
oh yea one more thing...

Cooling System Guide
Dayco 89133 Mechanical Tensioner Pulley
Old 05-07-2009, 09:40 AM
L4P

Send a message via AIM to MalibuMafiaV
Mein Auto: E60 M5 & Stage 3 Audi S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by farhod View Post
ill ask my cousin he was the camera man....hes wouldnt let me upload all of his pics to my computer
Yo Farhod. Here's another of you driving by and my friend in the silver 540i.

p.s. Did you ever find any pics of my car driving?
BMW 2000 3-series - Supercharged Because race car SOLD
Maserati 2004 M128 GT - HREs/tint/straight piped SOLD
BMW 2006 M3 - stock - SOLD
Old 05-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Living in the fast lane

Mein Auto: 645ci
wow.. kinda makes me glad i didnt attend this year.. sounds like the event was simply a frenzy day for the CHP to come out and write fix it tickets for what ever they can find... that kinda puts a damper on what is suppose to be a fun day to come out and show off your ride.

I can understand the police writting up tickets for speeding, wreckless driving, etc... but from all the tickets that I am seeing here... tint, no front license, blacked out lights, etc... wow..

makes me think twice about attending events because of CHP...

"I refuse to tip toe through life only to arrive at death safely"

Previous Garage List
00' Yamaha R1
07' BMW X5
06' BMW 325i
06' Mercedes C 328
05' Nissan Pathfinder Armada
03' Ford Excurion (22" Lift, 44" Tires, Full Show Truck)
02' Nissan Frontier (6" Lift, 38" Tires, Super Charged)
02' Integra Type R
02' Toyota Celica
00' BMW 330i
Old 05-07-2009, 08:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to synenergy52
Mein Auto: 330i
Yeah screw chicken sh!t tickets. They're more relentless than ever due to the current climate

Cooling System Guide
Dayco 89133 Mechanical Tensioner Pulley
Old 05-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Autofabricationilizer !

Mein Auto: BMW's,Syclone,Turbo Datsu
I just look at as 2000+ more cars driving through their zones......bound to be more exposure to the ones passing through.

I got pulled over too.......its just a numbers game. At some point yours is up !

Maybe I was lucky and only met the nice ones.................

Old 05-07-2009, 09:23 PM
I work on 'em

Mein Auto: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Schnitzer View Post
I just look at as 2000+ more cars driving through their zones......bound to be more exposure to the ones passing through.

I got pulled over too.......its just a numbers game. At some point yours is up !

Maybe I was lucky and only met the nice ones.................
Well put!

+1
Old 05-08-2009, 10:22 AM

Mein Auto: 1995 E36 M3 S52 OBD1
I was cruising with traffic in one of the right lanes coming down the hill into ventura when I was pulled over doing less than 80mph.

The officer told me right away that he got me doing 90mph. He then walked up to the front of my car to see that I had no front plate and he also noticed my tint.

I looked at him in awe and said something like "I was moving with traffic staying in the same lane, are you sure you got me doing 90?"

He asked about my front plate and I told him that I had taken it off to attend the Fest. I shot the **** with him a bit to try to get him to let me go.

It kind of worked because he gave me a ticket for going 74 in a 65 so Im in the lower bracket but damn these tickets are expensive.

I am going to fight the ticket with a statement of facts. Works great!

Definitely not a good way to start my day.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:38 PM

Mein Auto: E46, E53, BB6
$174 for no front plate ... that's *****up ... anybody got the letter back from SB COURT??

I Iforged I Eurospec I Hamann I EAS I Bimmerblvd I Instylegraphics I TWS I Jlevis I
Old 05-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Is it Trackday yet?

Mein Auto: 05 330ci 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottn2retro View Post
I'm not sure how he could have paced me - if he did he was several cars behind me with at least 2 cars in between us (there was a car travellling with me driving behind me). If I was speeding and there were cars between us not speeding, how did he pace me and stay behind them?

I know another CHP officer, so I'm trying to get a better understanding of what my chances might be if I fought it.
(soapbox)

Pickup "Fight your ticket and win in California" and/or go to http://www.ticketassassin.com/whyfight.html and learn about the process if you don't know it already.

Informal Discovery Request to get photo copies of the front and back of the citation, his notes and additional "evidence" will be on the back.

Trial by Written Declaration. Officers do not get paid extra for doing paperwork like they do for appearing in court. I read there's a 30% chance they will not submit the paperwork for a TbWD. I did one of these last fall, officer did not respond, case dismissed.

(/soapbox)

"You drive like old people $#@%... slow and sloppy!" - George Carlin
Old 05-12-2009, 10:57 PM

^^interesting

I Iforged I Eurospec I Hamann I EAS I Bimmerblvd I Instylegraphics I TWS I Jlevis I
Old 05-13-2009, 07:14 AM
Is it Trackday yet?

Mein Auto: 05 330ci 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by swtguysb View Post
^^interesting
It is, and it's all about working the system. However, I don't think this will work on a fix-it ticket for no front plate, tint, etc. Based on the fine you were given, this is not your first offense? I'm not sure you can fight these kinds of tickets, but if you can, I wouldn't spend much time on it. Plead not guilty, request a TBD, and submit it with one statement of fact "I didn't do anything wrong." This is like throwing a $100 bill down on the roulette table as you walk by. You take your chances and see what happens. You're gambling that the LEO won't submit his side of the paperwork.

I believe if you support ticketassassin there is a downloads section where you can find the forms and examples for certain cites. Speeding is the most common, and I doubt they vary much from person to person. For $25, I'd support the guy and use the examples. The book costs about that and is an equally good resource.

Some of the forms you need are available here: http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/forms/
Select Traffic Infractions and you'll see the list. Not included is the Informal Discovery request or Proof of Service form, I have Word versions of both, if you're interested, PM me your e-mail address and I'll send them to you. I cannot attach .doc files to this post.

There is a bull**** process to submit the Informal Discovery. Basically someone, other than you, who lives or works in the county where the infraction occurred must mail it and that person needs to complete the Proof of Service form. Most books/resource say to copy the District Attorney's office, but in reality, they will not provide the copies you desire, the citing agency will. I sent to both, certified, return receipt. There is a time limit for them to respond. I received my copies within 2 days of mailing. I'm sure some clerk did it.

It was interesting to see what the LEO chose to write down on the back of my cite. There was nothing supporting his apparent observation of the infraction, it was all about his conversation with my passenger. He chose to write, in large letters, "See you in court!" You see, I asked questions of him because I knew I did not break the law he said I did. I'm glad I did because he gave away a detail that I would not have known otherwise and that was the basis of my case.

Disclaimer. I'm not an attorney and what I've shared is from my personal research and experience only. I learned a lot from this, mostly the system is set up to extort money from you. It has little to do with safety. Most people think they have one option: pay the fine, take the points, live in fear of the next stop. If more people did TBDs, like EVERY person receiving a traffic infraction, the system would be flooded, cops would have a pile of paperwork to wade thru every month, and the chance of them ignoring a large percentage of that would increase. Who wants to do extra work for no extra money? No one!

"You drive like old people $#@%... slow and sloppy!" - George Carlin

Last edited by jvr826; 05-13-2009 at 07:27 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:51 PM

I called the SB court ... they told me that the cop checked the wrong box and now I have to go to court so I don't pay the $174 bail amount ...

Old 05-20-2009, 12:07 AM

Mein Auto: 2003.5 M3 6spd
haha i wasnt running a front plate OR a rear plate..

2003.5 Phoenix Yellow M3, 6 speed
Old 05-20-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerb0y View Post
haha i wasnt running a front plate OR a rear plate..
:asshole:

Old 05-22-2009, 07:28 PM
The King of Common Sense

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave 330i
Mein Auto:
I did not get pulled over.

I wasn't there.

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.