Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts

BMW Diesel Owners / Enthusiasts
Do you own a diesel powered BMW? Maybe a 335d or a BMW x35d? Come and talk about what makes your car great!

Old 06-05-2009, 11:00 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
If I would have thought about it, when buying my car, I would have bought diesal. I think better fuel economy = win.

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335xi coupe
I think it's almost certain we'll see some smaller diesels from BMW over here eventually, otherwise I doubt they'll be able to make the necessary MPG improvements over the next few years. The 335d, while an awesome diesel, is also basically a performance diesel, and ain't getting it done in the MPG dept. A few smaller diesels in the 1 or 3 could offset a lot of 5/7/M sales.

I owned a diesel vw jetta wagon for a bit over a year, and really liked the engine (and this was a 90hp model mind you), but it was not a good fit for my short commute. I had a lot of fun in an A3 tdi rental in Germany a month ago, though, and was frankly shocked at how little we spent on fuel (particularly after putting close to 3k on the odometer). I'd definitely consider a diesel if I started a longer commute.

Last edited by swartzentruber; 06-05-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 325i
I really want my next 3er to be a 4-cylinder diesel (323d ?). If it were available, I'd put down a deposit today, assuming I could get ED Invoice + $1K and reasonable lease/finance subsidies.

I'm jonesing so bad, I'm even tempted by the 335d. But that car has way more motor (and fuel consumption) then I'm looking for. Don't get me wrong, power is great. However, with the silly highway speed limits in this country (70 mph, WTF?), what's the point? 200HP is more than enough for US roads.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:06 PM

Mein Auto: '08 E92 335i MT
I would buy one if it were available with a stick.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:15 PM
diesel evangelist

Mein Auto: Camry hybrid + MB e300D-T
Quote:
Originally Posted by enc0re View Post
I really want my next 3er to be a 4-cylinder diesel (323d ?).....
for some reason, they have not yet put this engine in a 3er.

i'm really hoping they bring the smaller diesels over, too.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Not Wearing Pants

Mein Auto: Moped
Quote:
Originally Posted by d geek View Post
for some reason, they have not yet put this engine in a 3er.

i'm really hoping they bring the smaller diesels over, too.
Amen. A a 4 cylinder diesel or heck even the 330d would get my attention. I have a 335i - it's a decent car - but I'd much rather a lighter, more fuel efficient diesel BMW next time.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:45 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 135i
They seriously need to bring the 4-cyl turbodiesel from the 123d/323d over to the USA. 200 HP/296TQ? 40 MPG? It would work wonderfully in the 3er station wagon, or perhaps that X1 they keep talking about.

If the 123d coupe had been available in the USA, it would've been a tough choice between that and the 135i for me.