Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 03-09-2009, 02:30 AM

Mein Auto: 525i
The future of bmw

ive always loved bmw's for their looks, handling and engines.

the handling and engines aspect seems to be going from strengh to strength (tho i hate run flat tyres! - but u can take em off at least)

not so sure about the looks part tho. i think the styling has gone a bit soft since the e39. they are starting to look like real pensioners cars imho.

and what the hell is this 5-GT, besides very ugly and pointless?

i hope that they dont make the same mistake that subaru did with the impreza. cos the new hatchback looks pants and their sales are plummeting as a consequence!
Ads by Google
Old 03-09-2009, 07:12 AM

Mein Auto: 98 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbird55 View Post
i think the styling has gone a bit soft since the e39. they are starting to look like real pensioners cars imho.

!
I agree. I've been driving my '98 540 6-speed for 10yrs. It's got 106K on it and runs perfectly, but I'm ready for a new one. The current 5 series is so ugly, and I am holding out for the new design. Hopefully my car makes it another year, because I've been considering a pre-owned E63 AMG. The AMG is super fast, but honestly doesn't handle like a BMW.

Do the right thing BMW
Old 03-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Travel Fever

Mein Auto: 535dx
My only comment is that don't just slam BMW. It looks like it is a general going trend. Looking from cheaper to more higher end models: Toyota Venza to Aston Martin Lagonda and BMW 5 GT, they are a crossover of 3-4 types of vehicles. Anywhere from SUV, Sedan and Coupe. Crossover no longer hybrids just 2 types of cars anymore. It is very much eye of the beholder. Some think ugly, some thinks great. Well, I am the current owner of 5. I think it is great. I always like its agressiveness and futuristic look. I am the type of guy that can't appreciate antique car. Anywhere from old Mustang, Caddy, Ferrari..........I can hear people singing praises and I would be like "what kind of crap is that?!" I will just keep my mind open until seeing the actual production model at the showrrom in front of me.

MJ14 535dx - Imperial Blue
MJ10 550 GT - Imperial Blue (retired)
MJ07 530i - Silver Grey (Sold)
Old 03-18-2009, 10:12 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E70 X5, F10 535i
I know I'm in the minority here but, I actually like the majority of the Bangle cars. When the E65 first came out I was one of the ones that was like "WTF are they thinking?" but, I've since really started to like how progressive and unique they were. I feel like now they are going a bit soft on the exteriors, almost like BMW is apologizing a bit for those cars with the F10 and F01. I'm not sure I like that.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:53 AM

Mein Auto: Bimmer Coming
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
I know I'm in the minority here but, I actually like the majority of the Bangle cars. When the E65 first came out I was one of the ones that was like "WTF are they thinking?" but, I've since really started to like how progressive and unique they were. I feel like now they are going a bit soft on the exteriors, almost like BMW is apologizing a bit for those cars with the F10 and F01. I'm not sure I like that.
I liked Bangle's exterior designs as well. It actually bought more outsiders to the BMW Brand. I guess its that balancing act of pleasing current customers while attracting new one's. My friends, all in the mid 30's are looking at a Mid-Sized sports sedan within a year - and I can tell u that if BMW reverts back to the 'conservative" designs of the past - we see a Jag XF in our future.

The XF, CTS-V is changing the segment. An interior that is hyper luxurious with some edgy looks. I hope the new 5 does the same.