Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Tire Rack's Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension

Tire Rack's Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension
Discuss everything about wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your BMW.

Sponsored by The Tirerack. Moderated by Gary@Tirerack.com

Old 07-04-2003, 01:49 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to Scotes
Mein Auto: '03 M5
'01 325Ci and plus zero tire size on sport rims

I have an '01 325Ci with the sport package (the 7 spoke type 44 rims I believe) and while pokeing through a tire site sw something on "plus zero" sizing. I am somewhat familiar with plus one and plus two sizing and needing new rims for the larger tires but not about plus zero. The size they noted was 235/40/17 (stock on the car now are 225/45/17 Dunlop SP2000Es). Will a 235/40/17 tire fit on my stock rims without a problem? I've got 18k on the Dunlops and am probably going to go with Bridgestone S-03s as the replacments if it matters. Thanks!

Vince

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the decision." - Benjamin Franklin
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2003, 12:38 AM
Common Sense, isn't

Mein Auto: '04 330i ZHP
Discount Tires Direct shows 235/45/17 as plus zero for a 325i w/ sport pkg.

Old 07-05-2003, 09:06 AM

Mein Auto: 1995 BMW M3
235/40R17 will fit with no problem. Many E46ers also have used 235/45R17 with sucess, but this fitment may require a fender roll, especially if the car is slammed.

Old 07-05-2003, 04:15 PM

Sorry, I should have noted 235/45r17 as opposed to 40. What do you mean by the car being slammed? Has anyone here put 235/40r17s or 235/45r17s on their stock 325Ci rims? Also, what are the upsdowns of going with this?

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the decision." - Benjamin Franklin
Old 07-06-2003, 06:57 PM

By 'slammed' I mean aggresively lowered. If you have 7.5" wheels the 235 width tires will look fairly stretched on that narrow of a wheel and you may need that fender roll . Other than that, should be good to go for a street tire.

Old 07-06-2003, 07:44 PM

Gary - I show the BMW type 44 star spoke wheels on my 325Ci sport as being 8 X 17 so the 235s should work on my stock wheels without a problem them right? MY car is not lowered and is stock.

Has anyone out there put 235s on type 44s and if so do oyu have a photo of it?

Old 07-07-2003, 05:16 AM

If they're 8" wheels, the 235 width tires will mount on the wheels fine