Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 06-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1998 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichTa73 View Post
I am guessing you are probably a pretty smokin' hot female. Ugly guys like me don't get that kind of treatment
i agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbux View Post
true...OP pls post pics of car and yourself and we will see
i also agree.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:50 AM

Mein Auto: 09 335, 13 X5d, 08 MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIVERGIRL View Post
I'm finally an official owner and I just couldn't let too much time pass without giving a huge shout out to Adam Newbold and Seattle BMW!!!

Can you believe it - a fully loaded 2009 328i convertible for $450 over invoice? I got everything I wanted on this car for an incredible price. Adam came to my house with my car. We did all the paperwork here and then he spent over three hours teaching me about the car. He even ordered my personalized plates for me.

It doesn't get any better than this. The service - and especially the CA - was absolutely amazing!! Everyone I know is going to hear about how wonderful my experience was.

Adam, I know you are reading this. Thank you for everything! And thank you to everyone on this forum who helped me get all of the information I needed to make my decision and get a fabulous deal!

On 5/11 I ordered a 335i convertible. I paid $400 over invoice. I thought this was a good deal. I found out later dealers were getting a $3000 incentive. However another local dealer would not come lower than $950 over invoice (and let us walk away).
Old 06-14-2009, 12:07 PM
New Mommy to Kristopher

Mein Auto: 2009 328i convertible
I talked to dealers in California, Oregon, Ohio...as well as two out of the three dealers near me in WA. Bellevue, WA didn't respond and neither did Spokane. And $450 over invoice, to get exactly what I wanted in a car, was pretty amazing. No regrets in the least.

But one of the points of the email was to give a public shout out to the CA, Adam Newbold, and Seattle BMW. Perhaps the gentlemen on this forum don't have this problem. But when you are a woman, car dealerships can feel predatory or worse, dismissive. Some of the salespeople talk down to you - assuming they can talk to you at all and not stare at your chest. The CA at the first BMW dealership handed me a book and said to call if I had questions. Well, how the hell was I going to ask an intelligent question without even being shown the car? That CA didn't even offer me a test drive even though I told him I was in the market and would be purchasing in the next few weeks.

I'm a big believer in giving credit where credit is due. And Adam and Seattle BMW really earned my business - regardless of whether there was a better "deal" somewhere else in the country.

Proud owner of a 2009 328i convertible, black sapphire, black leather, ZCW, ZPP, ZSP, 2XA, Comfort Access, Park Distance Control, Nav, L7, Smartphone/IPOD/USB

LIFE IS GOOD!!
Old 06-14-2009, 01:51 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 335i Coupe
Quote:
I talked to dealers in California, Oregon, Ohio...as well as two out of the three dealers near me in WA. Bellevue, WA didn't respond and neither did Spokane. And $450 over invoice, to get exactly what I wanted in a car, was pretty amazing. No regrets in the least.

But one of the points of the email was to give a public shout out to the CA, Adam Newbold, and Seattle BMW. Perhaps the gentlemen on this forum don't have this problem. But when you are a woman, car dealerships can feel predatory or worse, dismissive. Some of the salespeople talk down to you - assuming they can talk to you at all and not stare at your chest. The CA at the first BMW dealership handed me a book and said to call if I had questions. Well, how the hell was I going to ask an intelligent question without even being shown the car? That CA didn't even offer me a test drive even though I told him I was in the market and would be purchasing in the next few weeks.

I'm a big believer in giving credit where credit is due. And Adam and Seattle BMW really earned my business - regardless of whether there was a better "deal" somewhere else in the country.
My friend from work had a bad experience a while back when she was shopping for her 335. It's amazing this day in age that women are not always shown the same respect when car shopping that men are.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:52 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewater View Post
On 5/11 I ordered a 335i convertible. I paid $400 over invoice. I thought this was a good deal. I found out later dealers were getting a $3000 incentive. However another local dealer would not come lower than $950 over invoice (and let us walk away).
Is the 3 series in lesser demand? A year ago, posters here were saying $1000 over invoice for a X3. Based on that, I got a good deal. However, with some saying they paid under invoice, I didn't negotiate well. Of course, demand changes with time and model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-SD View Post
My friend from work had a bad experience a while back when she was shopping for her 335. It's amazing this day in age that women are not always shown the same respect when car shopping that men are.
This was also mentioned by the OP in Federal Way, WA. However, this just reflects how poor CA are trained. Unless there is a time crunch with customers waiting, all prospective customers should be treated politely and encouraged to buy. That's just good business. It also reflects on the salesman's character. Would you treat an old lady poorly? Or a black man with tatoos poorly? Or a skinny Russian man?

Women should also consider that sometimes they come out ahead of the more qualified man for the job simply because they have a flat stomach and normal sized breasts. I saw it happen at a company I used to work for. Although the job didn't involve TV or sales or required good looks, it happened a lot. Even I got the job possibly because of being tall (but not good looking ) While the women got hired more often and earned enough to buy a BMW, they later presumably faced bad salesmen at the dealership!

Last edited by S93D; 06-14-2009 at 03:10 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-14-2009, 02:58 PM

Mein Auto: 328xi M, Range Rover, 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbux View Post
true...OP pls post pics of car and yourself and we will see
+1 .......... but make sure your top in down in the pic

2013 550 xi Msport
2005 Range Rover HSE Grey/Grey
2009 MB C 300 4Matic
1997 Porsche 993 C4S Black/Black
2005 Jeep TJ
Old 06-14-2009, 03:19 PM

Mein Auto: 05 G35X; 09 335 vert
congrats on the car! she looks beautiful! what color wood trim is that? don't worry about the deal -- $450 over invoice is very good. I don't recall the exact dealer incentives on the 3 series vert; I ordered mine last dec and probably paid more than you (for what looks to be the exact same options) -- $1200 over euro invoice which at the time was an excellent deal . (plus awesome experience -- thanks Joern Esser/Passport BMW!)

in retrospect, i find myself almost never using the smartphone connection -- i just hook up my iphone to the ipod/usb connector so I can listen to music and talk via the bluetooth.

are those the sport package rims? mine look a little different (i think 5 spoke), but otherwise it looks just like mine!

09 335 vert - ED Feb 09
06 325 vert - gone
05 G35x - winter
Old 06-14-2009, 07:15 PM
2009 M3 E93 w/DCT

Mein Auto: 2009 M3 E93 w/DCT
Quote:

Congrats
And that's all that matters

2009 Alpine White M3 E93 - Black Novillo|DCT|ZTP|ZPP|752 Enh Audio|4UT|Heated Seats|6FL|6NF|
For jpg's: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186382&page=3
Traded: 2007 335i E93
Old 06-14-2009, 09:56 PM
New Mommy to Kristopher

Mein Auto: 2009 328i convertible
It's the grey poplar trim. And yes, those are the sport package tires. The smartphone was the one option that I wouldn't have ordered on the vehicle if given the choice.
And believe it or not, it even works with my crappy old phone (just too cheap and unmotivated to actually replace it). It's a little weird to talk to your car to answer a call, but I'm getting used to it.

It's an amazing vehicle. I stare at it with wonder and keep patting myself on the back for the purchase. I absolutely love driving it!

Proud owner of a 2009 328i convertible, black sapphire, black leather, ZCW, ZPP, ZSP, 2XA, Comfort Access, Park Distance Control, Nav, L7, Smartphone/IPOD/USB

LIFE IS GOOD!!
Old 06-15-2009, 06:01 AM
BMW/Harley Guy

Mein Auto: 06 330i Manny Tranny
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCStuff View Post
Congrats on the new car. Now some pics please
PCStuff - I like your taste in cars! I can tell you are a person of inpeccable taste!!!

Electric Red / Beige 06 330i Manny Tranny
Sport, Premium, Cold Weather, Muffler Delete, Hardwire Valentine One, Colgan Nose Mask w/logo cutout
Old 06-15-2009, 06:14 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
Those sunglasses are also Maui Jims. I'm originally from Hawaii. I live in sunglasses!
I have been an owner of Maui Jims for over a decade. Back in 1998 I bought a pair and loved them. They were stolen so I bought the exact same pair. Those got lost- again I bought the exact same pair. Those got broken (moving someone put a box on them) and I went to buy another except they do not make them anymore...So I bought another pair ($400). They fell about 3 feet (bumped my hand on the wall) onto my hardwood floors.... dented lens. I called Maui Jim and spoke to the rep and the rep said "send us $400 and we will send you a new pair". I flipped out. Other high-end places will replace them for free (just pay S&H or $50...e.g. Oakley). So I get a manager and she is friendly. She sends me a replacement pair for free. Again they fall (hey I am clumsy at times) ANOTHER dent. My original Maui jims fell a million times - the only thing that was damaged was the frame.

Whatever coating they use on their sunglasses makes them very very fragile. I enjoy the look of my glasses, I love the flex-frames. I will never buy maui-jim again. Paying full price for replacement lenses is a rip-off. BTW it costs them around $50 or less to manufacture a pair, so to have a replacement policy for $50 is customer friendly.

BTW I only buy sun-glasses made from glass because plastic scratches easily and glass does not...except in the case of Maui Jims.

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Freedom

Mein Auto: HOT
this is a positive note! happy to hear the good news. best wishes!
Old 06-15-2009, 01:57 PM

Mein Auto: 335i
sounds like you got a great deal and classy service, in line with the company's well deserved reputation

Last edited by napoletani99; 06-15-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:59 PM

Mein Auto: 335i

Last edited by napoletani99; 06-15-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:10 PM
335i N3WB

Mein Auto: 11' Audi S4 Prestige
Congrats. Car looks awesome!

Currently Drive: 2011 S4 Prestige, Quartz Gray, Black Alcantara, Adv key, B&O, NAV + rear sensors, 19's, Carbon Fiber Trim, iPod...
Previously drove:2007 335i Coupe, Titanium Silver Metallic,Black Leather, Gray Poplar trim, Premium package, Cold weather package, Sports package, i-Drive, Rear sensors, iPod.

Previously drove: 1998 3000GT Vr-4 Red/Black TT AWD AWS
Old 06-15-2009, 06:24 PM

Mein Auto: '06 330i
Congrats DIVERGIRL, enjoy!

2006 330i Sparkling Graphite, Black Leather, Premium