Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 06-29-2009, 01:15 AM
realsevenfigure realsevenfigure is offline
Registered User
Location: miami
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 70
Mein Auto: 2004 745li
Seven11 I got your back on this one. Asadkahn your statement sounds good from up here but the reality is you dont drive a Rolls Royce you control it as they say in England ... and the Arange went out of style with the hoola hoop and roller skates. If anything " REAL MONEY" buys a Drop Head. Thats more up to speed on current events. at least for my age bracket. It is very easy to compare the 2 cars in a strange way. As you may or may not know they are both built by BMW or something along those lines. The car has a few very close details of the 7 in regards to dash reading, idrive, key and the "say a command" guy. Believe me it has the soul of a 7 in the body of a tank. Think old school caddy broughm but Bigger. However the interior is pretty bland , they say they are trying to go for that nostalgic look, but at 33 years old , Im not so nostalgic. Actually RR is building a baby phantom on the platform of the 7 to compete with the flying spur.

I bought my 7 in 04 back when business was booming for my now exwife when I owned a Lambo Gallardo. Ive owned a bentley gt and owned a private stretch limo all that.... Ive been around the block in the car world and the 7 is the best overall car ive ever owned. I ran through an ex wife, lambo, bentley and the 7 is still here to stay! This Phantom is great to drive around and just absord attention but listen ...the car is not worth the money at all, even know you can buy one now for under 200k used. This has been the only car that truly moves me when I see it on the road and the experience of having it has been rather disapointing. Is it worth 4k a month? Depenwhat kind of month I had in business I guess! But is it really woth the money for what you get as an experience of driving? HELL NO! However the statement that it makes costs 4k a month and this is the point. If I fall off and have to jump back in the 7 Im not going to be miserable about the car I drive however, I will miss the statement.
Question is after the Phantom what is left on the road to LUST after?
__________________


2004 7LI
WHITE ON BEIGE
22" ASANTI
http://www.20twentydigitalmedia.com
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-29-2009, 01:27 AM
Seven11's Avatar
Seven11 Seven11 is offline
President
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,930
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by realsevenfigure View Post
Seven11 I got your back on this one. Asadkahn your statement sounds good from up here but the reality is you dont drive a Rolls Royce you control it as they say in England ... and the Arange went out of style with the hoola hoop and roller skates. If anything " REAL MONEY" buys a Drop Head. Thats more up to speed on current events. at least for my age bracket. It is very easy to compare the 2 cars in a strange way. As you may or may not know they are both built by BMW or something along those lines. The car has a few very close details of the 7 in regards to dash reading, idrive, key and the "say a command" guy. Believe me it has the soul of a 7 in the body of a tank. Think old school caddy broughm but Bigger. However the interior is pretty bland , they say they are trying to go for that nostalgic look, but at 33 years old , Im not so nostalgic. Actually RR is building a baby phantom on the platform of the 7 to compete with the flying spur.

I bought my 7 in 04 back when business was booming for my now exwife when I owned a Lambo Gallardo. Ive owned a bentley gt and owned a private stretch limo all that.... Ive been around the block in the car world and the 7 is the best overall car ive ever owned. I ran through an ex wife, lambo, bentley and the 7 is still here to stay! This Phantom is great to drive around and just absord attention but listen ...the car is not worth the money at all, even know you can buy one now for under 200k used. This has been the only car that truly moves me when I see it on the road and the experience of having it has been rather disapointing. Is it worth 4k a month? Depenwhat kind of month I had in business I guess! But is it really woth the money for what you get as an experience of driving? HELL NO! However the statement that it makes costs 4k a month and this is the point. If I fall off and have to jump back in the 7 Im not going to be miserable about the car I drive however, I will miss the statement.
Question is after the Phantom what is left on the road to LUST after?
very well said

asadkhan1988 tries to sound like you but just cant, one - because he didnt have all of your life experiences and two - he is just a poser who tries too hard
__________________

'03 745i - modded - GONE -
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-29-2009, 06:07 AM
dfauerbach's Avatar
dfauerbach dfauerbach is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: North NJ
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 850
Mein Auto: 2004 745i
My neighbor ordered a drop head and when it came in they screwed up the order and put some walnut inlay when it was supposed to be teak or something, long story short they wouldn't change it and for the 500k or what ever crazy price it was he went to benz and bought the CL65 AMG i believe it was. I think its actually nicier but the drop head is a pretty sick car love the stainless.
__________________


2004 745i
2001 X5
2006 FXSTBi Night Train FOR SALE $15,850.00 over 30k Invested 4k miles
2001 Modified Triumph Daytona 955i SOLD
2005 SRT10 Ram
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-29-2009, 07:08 AM
tkasser's Avatar
tkasser tkasser is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: King of Prussia, Pa
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 180
Mein Auto: M3, 750i, 325iC, 323i
I rented a Phantom for my wedding. Since I'm a BMW guy I wanted the top of the range, and for that day, the 7 wasn't cutting it. The Phantom made for great pictures though. As we drove through Philadelphia, we passed a line of people for the homeless shelter. It was an odd feeling seeing that while being in a $450,000 car.
__________________
Tony K

2007 750i
2000 323i
1995 M3
1991 325iC
2006 MINI Cooper
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-29-2009, 02:37 PM
ndabunka's Avatar
ndabunka ndabunka is offline
'12 X5 35d Black-on-Black
Location: Charlotte, NC
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,668
Mein Auto: X5d Ski Machine-Blk Betty
Quote:
Originally Posted by asadkhan1988 View Post
if somebody has facts to prove your opinons wrong you get in a hissy fit.

Lighten up; no one here is against you.

regards
The REAL PROBLEM here is that you NEVER actually state ANY facts. Rather, EVERY post you make is a simple, basic "comment" all based around your "perception". As others here have pointed out, your "perception" often seems to be that of a 18 year old child rather than someone who actually has the "life experiences" to back up their "perceptions".

Now, if on the other hand, you actually DID provide some type of substantiation to your claims (i.e. proof, facts, etc) then your comments might actually hold (at least) some water. However, as of now, they aren't really worthy of the electrons they consume on this page IMHO.

Let me defend before I am even attacked. I am not saying that ALL 18 year olds are devoid of life experiences. I have met some who actually travel the world in the lap of luxury. While they have "some" life experiences, it is usually a lop-sided one which is not actually represented of the way 99.5% of the population experiences things.

My recommendation. Back up what you "claim". If your a "rich kid" then simply state it and get it out of the way. By rich, I don't mean that you (or your dad) makes $250K/year. $100K to $300K/year salaries are just "upper middle class" now-a-days. Rich kids IMH experience are those who will never have to work for a living and will inherit either the fruits of their parents efforts and/or their parent's inheritances. Those traveling the world in 20million dollar yachts and such qualify in that vein IMHO.

So in the future (as they would say on dragnet), JUST the facts please...

Last edited by ndabunka; 06-29-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06-29-2009, 07:22 PM
asadkhan1988 asadkhan1988 is offline
Banned
Location: huntingdon valley pa
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 245
Mein Auto: Range Rover 06 HSE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
The REAL PROBLEM here is that you NEVER actually state ANY facts. Rather, EVERY post you make is a simple, basic "comment" all based around your "perception". As others here have pointed out, your "perception" often seems to be that of a 18 year old child rather than someone who actually has the "life experiences" to back up their "perceptions".

Now, if on the other hand, you actually DID provide some type of substantiation to your claims (i.e. proof, facts, etc) then your comments might actually hold (at least) some water. However, as of now, they aren't really worthy of the electrons they consume on this page IMHO.

Let me defend before I am even attacked. I am not saying that ALL 18 year olds are devoid of life experiences. I have met some who actually travel the world in the lap of luxury. While they have "some" life experiences, it is usually a lop-sided one which is not actually represented of the way 99.5% of the population experiences things.

My recommendation. Back up what you "claim". If your a "rich kid" then simply state it and get it out of the way. By rich, I don't mean that you (or your dad) makes $250K/year. $100K to $300K/year salaries are just "upper middle class" now-a-days. Rich kids IMH experience are those who will never have to work for a living and will inherit either the fruits of their parents efforts and/or their parent's inheritances. Those traveling the world in 20million dollar yachts and such qualify in that vein IMHO.

So in the future (as they would say on dragnet), JUST the facts please...
ndabunka,

i do not recall myself calling myself rich. if to you it seems that i portray myself as being rich, then good for me i guess.

Why is there people telling me the phantom is a good car? did anyone contest that fact? I always give respect where respect is due.

regards
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-29-2009, 08:59 PM
ndabunka's Avatar
ndabunka ndabunka is offline
'12 X5 35d Black-on-Black
Location: Charlotte, NC
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,668
Mein Auto: X5d Ski Machine-Blk Betty
Quote:
Originally Posted by asadkhan1988 View Post
ndabunka,

i do not recall myself calling myself rich. if to you it seems that i portray myself as being rich, then good for me i guess.

Why is there people telling me the phantom is a good car? did anyone contest that fact? I always give respect where respect is due.

regards
You may want to take reading comprehension 101 over (or at least sign up for it in 3 years when your old enough to attend college). I never said that you were a rich kid. I just stated that you "represent" yourself/ACT like a spoiled brat. You make fake claims as if they are accurate and they have no backing. It's not the others here that need to prove themselves. Rather, it is YOU who needs to do the proving of your "opinions/comments/statements" that you make IF you want ANY chance at credibility. So far, your batting ZERO.

So you aren't rich. You don't have a 7-series. You are just "trolling" the waters throwing out comments here and there. This is my final "troll contribution". I'll let someone else "feed" you going forward.

As for the phantom, the thread is clear. Some think it is a nice car. Many think it is overpriced. It's still a nice car, just pricey (to those who don't have an extra half mil to drop on a 5th or 6th car (thus my earlier references). I've been around those people in the past and some are VERY nice, respectful and intelligent. $500K to them is like $500 bucks to us. In a casino recently, one of my standard bets was $150 and I didn't give it another thought. I've seen "kids" say... Sure, I'll take the blue one (in reference to an available Ferrari some 10 years ago). His contemplation on the decision was similar to my $150 bet... it was a non-issue, as long as it was blue he didn't really care how much it was. People who can afford the Phantom's don't really quibble over a $500K cost, they usually pay cash for it. Others may lease them for business reasons (the apparent case here). There is little/no debate as to whether the car is a "good car" or not. Making that statement simply exasperates your miscomprehension.

Last edited by ndabunka; 06-29-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-30-2009, 01:47 PM
Seven11's Avatar
Seven11 Seven11 is offline
President
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,930
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
You may want to take reading comprehension 101 over (or at least sign up for it in 3 years when your old enough to attend college). I never said that you were a rich kid. I just stated that you "represent" yourself/ACT like a spoiled brat. You make fake claims as if they are accurate and they have no backing. It's not the others here that need to prove themselves. Rather, it is YOU who needs to do the proving of your "opinions/comments/statements" that you make IF you want ANY chance at credibility. So far, your batting ZERO.

So you aren't rich. You don't have a 7-series. You are just "trolling" the waters throwing out comments here and there. This is my final "troll contribution". I'll let someone else "feed" you going forward.

As for the phantom, the thread is clear. Some think it is a nice car. Many think it is overpriced. It's still a nice car, just pricey (to those who don't have an extra half mil to drop on a 5th or 6th car (thus my earlier references). I've been around those people in the past and some are VERY nice, respectful and intelligent. $500K to them is like $500 bucks to us. In a casino recently, one of my standard bets was $150 and I didn't give it another thought. I've seen "kids" say... Sure, I'll take the blue one (in reference to an available Ferrari some 10 years ago). His contemplation on the decision was similar to my $150 bet... it was a non-issue, as long as it was blue he didn't really care how much it was. People who can afford the Phantom's don't really quibble over a $500K cost, they usually pay cash for it. Others may lease them for business reasons (the apparent case here). There is little/no debate as to whether the car is a "good car" or not. Making that statement simply exasperates your miscomprehension.
very well said

PS: make a signature, so we can tell you apart from others
__________________

'03 745i - modded - GONE -
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-01-2009, 11:49 AM
dfauerbach's Avatar
dfauerbach dfauerbach is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: North NJ
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 850
Mein Auto: 2004 745i
since we were talking about the RR Drophead thought you guys might want to see one drifting!

http://www.luxury4play.com/rolls-roy...-drifting.html
__________________


2004 745i
2001 X5
2006 FXSTBi Night Train FOR SALE $15,850.00 over 30k Invested 4k miles
2001 Modified Triumph Daytona 955i SOLD
2005 SRT10 Ram
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms